Levi's Vintage Clothing

Any pre-1915 model uses Japanese denim, plus the 1917. I'm not sure about the current 1920s 201 model (earlier ones used Japanese denim) and the 1967 505 (I think Dr House is correct).

I'm not sure if there was a question, but Maynard has it right. LVC have used Cone right from the very beginning, in conjunction with Kurabo for the earlier, (generally pre-1922) denim, and Kaihara for the Sanforized denim. In fact they used Cone even before LVC, for the Capital E line. They always used more COne than Kaihara, altho' LVC Japan did have a few models in the late 80s using Japanese denim.

And yes, the same questions do seem to get asked again and again, don't they?

I'm not sure if there was a question, but Maynard has it right. LVC have used Cone right from the very beginning, in conjunction with Kurabo for the earlier, (generally pre-1922) denim, and Kaihara for the Sanforized denim. In fact they used Cone even before LVC, for the Capital E line. They always used more COne than Kaihara, altho' LVC Japan did have a few models in the late 80s using Japanese denim.

And yes, the same questions do seem to get asked again and again, don't they?

So my 551ZXX is made from Kaihara denim?  

so I skimmed this thread enough to know I don't know shit about denim smh. I'm into pre-distressed denim right now, I got a couple pairs of LVCs recently and I love them(would post pics but don't know how to from my phone). It seems like there aren't too many brands that sell pre-distressed selvedge, RRL is the only brand I can think of off the top of my head, never like their fits/washes tho.

are their any other brands Japanese or otherwise that produce pre-distressed selvedge jeans? +1 for anything heavy weight or super rigid

Edited by lord martin

Aside form LVC, Sugar Cane offer some cuts in pre-distressed - noted by the suffix: N = non-wash, A = one-wash, H = hard-wash.

I believe SDA also offer it too in their 'used' wash - SD-601 and SD-803 for example.

Denime do and I'm Sure I've seen different levels of wash from Fullcount too.

thanks bros. I'll probably continue to buy LVC cuz you can find great deals but now at least I have a couple options. I wish I could buy raw and break my jeans in till they look like that vintage pair a few pages back but I don't wear denim enough

I bought the 1955 Sawtooth shirt in rigid and did a 45 minute soak because of the expected shrinkage, but it didn't shrink at all yet. Wore it one time now and I'm not sure if it would best to toss it in the washing machine now and do a 30°C wash or if I should wear it a couple more times before that (obviously not for a couple of months like a pair of jeans).

How are you guys treating raw LVC shirts?

I'd forget about the 1944s if I were you. I have a pair and I'm not too thrilled about them. Probably my least favorite pair. 

the denim is awesome but I just can't stand the weird pocket puckering thing they do. It pisses me off and I know they altered the pattern so they could show off the alternative pocket material they used a few years ago (recent pairs all have normal pocketing now.). 

I'm also pretty sure they screwed around with the pattern to make them look skinnier and higher waisted than they should be. the pelvis area fits like a 36 and the thighs fit like a 32 on my size 33 s501xx. 

get a 55 or a 47...or sugar canes. 

photo_zps1e8232ea.jpg 

case in point. sorry for another gratuitous crotch shot. 

Does anyone have any pics of really well worn S501XX? I've really been GASing after a pair recently!

Edited by erk

Mine is sanforized and didn't shrink.

Mine even came with the same "this pair of jeans will shrink here's a sizing guide" tag that LVC jeans come with.  :huh:

I wish LVC would get their act together and put up a decent website with actual info on all their products  :huh:

Hey erk, thanks for the advice mate, I keep hearing things like this about LVC lately!! I have the 47's and the 55's so was looking for something a little different this time and I do like the vintage vibe! I may have to consider the samurai S3000 now, I always did like the way b__f rocked those, they look like a good cut.

^ worth having a look through this thread for possible alternatives dylan:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/147529-ww2-repro-detailed-jeans/

Thanks maynard, I have been browsing that thread, I would probably go in for some ooe's but their website leaves a lot to be desired so I would be ordering blind (if you know what I mean) plus I know where to get samurai's from and not have to worry about import tax!;-)

• 4 weeks later...