Levi's Vintage Clothing

speaking of low contrast here are my 55 & 66's at 6-7month mark with frequent washes and no particular care..

k0n1jd.jpg

b7i5uw.jpg

33fg8ed.jpg

10e30np.jpg

i took these last week to compare with SFTD's OG's, definitely placing them in the very late 50's / early 60's if you compare the right pocket shapes..

img0697em.jpg

SFTD's OG's

really a kind of hybrid of both!!

rosenkruez -- those '47's seem to have turned out perfectly. However, I'd give them a hot soak anyway. Not only will they shrink a little more with another initial soak, they'll continue to shrink through the first few washes after some wear.

Glad to hear that. I will give them a gentle wash today.

Glad to hear that. I will give them a gentle wash today.

All ideas are right, depends on what you want. If you're happy with a looser fit, cool, wash and soak 'em gentle and you'll be fine. If you want them slimmer, go ahead and wash 'em hot. And they'll shrink more with future washes, but not that significant.

I wouldn't call it 'nit pick', especially when you take into account the fact these are being touted as reproductions of vintage garments. Vintage t-shirts were made with tubular construction. Also, these t-shirts are what many (atleast myself anyhow) consider a luxury item given their price tag. If I am gonna spend that much cash I want it to be as 'legit' as possible.

I wouldn't call it 'nit pick', especially when you take into account the fact these are being touted as reproductions of vintage garments. Vintage t-shirts were made with tubular construction. Also, these t-shirts are what many (atleast myself anyhow) consider a luxury item given their price tag. If I am gonna spend that much cash I want it to be as 'legit' as possible.

agreed. I think a little bit of "nitpicking" is completely justified when referring to LVC.

PS: I'm wearing a cheapo Life brand T and it is tubular construction. It can't be that hard.

I can see where one might consider the criticism "nitpicking," but I stand by it, and the gist of my reasoning has been expressed in the last few posts.

The t's I saw this weekend were $85. They were the white pocket t's, made in the USA. For that amount of money for one single plain white t-shirt I expect them to produce a shirt that has tubular construction. Not only is it historically more accurate, but it makes a better-quality product, and it cannot be that hard to make. You can get a 3-pack of US-made cotton undershirts with tubular construction for $6. The first thing I think of when I see a t-shirt with a side-seam is a crappy, ill-fitting AA t-shirt.

I'm not criticizing to be a pain in the ass, I'm expressing disappointment because I consider myself a fan of LVC and respect and admire what they do...most of the time.

fruit of the loom is made in america?

Hmmm. nitpicking is okay for me when it comes to vintage reproductions like the (beloved) LVCs. I'm @work atm so I must have a look if it has a sideseam later, got that tee yesterday evening and can't remember, sorry. But I wear my 50's baked white tee today and it has a sideseam (nevertheless a nice tee made in fine quality), so I'm afraid the 40's tee have a sideseam as well.

Anyway I was surprised about the ultrasoft, thick fabric and the great quality, beneath the cool and slim but comfy fit of this 40's tee.

Edit: I've checked the pics at cultizm and it has a sideseam indeed. But hey, even if it's not historical correct- the quality is perfect as well as the fit. I've paid 60€ for that tee, here in germany you have to pay 40€ for a Carhartt-Tee made in China :o so I'm okay with it.

But you guys are totally right, we should expect historical correctness from LVC.

This is what happened after half a warm wash. I took out the denim during the cycle because even though I set it to delicate wash, it was getting rough. I think it shrank a bit more but not as significant as the first soak. I actually like the fit from the knee up. I wish it was bit more tapered from the knee down, but I knew what I was getting into so I'm satisfied overall. I'm sure they will shrink bit more after a proper wash followed by several months of wearing.

DSC05950.JPG

DSC05951.JPG

DSC05952.JPG