Levi's Vintage Clothing

Guest rusholmeruffian
Thanks, guys. The 1878s are glorious, but deranged.

Thomas- this is a prototype for the same jacket that Meadow has,

Roy , is the prototype made in Turkey like the regular jacket?

If so, what is the quality like mate ?

^Yes, made in Turkey.

I compared it just now with the detail shots on the Meadow web store, and the distressing appears identical. The quality if fine- you'd never know it was a sample item. Even all of the tags are the same.

I have quite a few prototypes from LVC, and they all seem to be of the same quality as released versions, generally with the same washes/distressing, occasionally in a different color or fabric from the models that got released.

i would be curious to know what models everyone would like to see released and or brought back. personally i'd like to see a 1953 501 or a 1971 501 (both have been made by LVC/Japan.) and the 1963 551zxx is overdue for re-release. great model i've yet to track down in my size at a reasonable price.

i would be curious to know what models everyone would like to see released and or brought back. personally i'd like to see a 1953 501 or a 1971 501 (both have been made by LVC/Japan.) and the 1963 551zxx is overdue for re-release. great model i've yet to track down in my size at a reasonable price.

I'd like to see a1953 501 and maybe a 1922 501 both with all the right details and proper weight denim.

count me in for the 551ZXX too.

that's right. sanforized still shrinks up to 3%. with that said pretty much any garments that aren't pre-washed to death will shrink some. best example of that is t-shirts (the kind meant to be undergarments) they shrink pretty good after a dozen washes, any brand i ever bought did.

i believe i said a 71' 501. as to what's special about any of these models perhaps if you asked less rudely i'd tell you.

O dear sorry, I dind't mean to be rude, I wasn't even refering to your post. I did mean a 517...

But, seriously, I don't know the '53 501, what is special about it?