Levi's Vintage Clothing

i don't think the 66's arcs look too bad. i have 2 prs. myself. i bet LVC did that just to further differentiate them from 40's-50's re-issues. my japan 66's have the exact same arc btw, about the only thing similar to the standard 66 LVC. i have seen this shape arc in my youth, 70's era i believe. i can't say if it's right for some 66's.

I'm in favour of the sixties cut Lvc, it's just that the arc template used for the current model is way too flat. The great thing about original levis is the varying depth of the arcs. As Colgems pointed out, it's more of a 70's shape.

My only beef is that Lvc could've picked a more true sixties shape to represent this model.

There's no pride or passion in that arc shape IMO.

I'm in favour of the sixties cut Lvc, it's just that the template used for the current model is way too flat. The great thing about original levis is the varying depth of the arcs. As Colgems pointed out, it's more of a 70's shape.

My only beef is that Lvc could've picked a more true sixties shape to represent this model.

There's no pride or passion in that arc shape IMO.

agreed. It's exaggerated.

THIS Is a cool 60s shape:

2horsepatch.jpg

i don't think the 66's arcs look too bad. i have 2 prs. myself. i bet LVC did that just to further differentiate them from 40's-50's re-issues. my japan 66's have the exact same arc btw, about the only thing similar to the standard 66 LVC. i have seen this shape arc in my youth, 70's era i believe. i can't say if it's right for some 66's.

Yes I agree with you, more of a 70's arc and quite familiar to me. But I also agree with Dr Heech that it is not the best shape they did.

(I wanted to ask you about your screen name: I associate Colgems with Monkees' albums and 1966 as probably the year of their first set of hits. Is that the association that the name has for you?)

cheers

I was wondering if someone could help me out. A few months ago I thought I saw someone advertising some LVCs in there sig that they DIDNT have a thread for. Just a "PM me for details" type ad. If I remember correctly it was for some early model LVCs like some 1890s. Anyone know who this was?

Out of nowhere I REALLY have the itch to get some early model LVCs with suspenders. Which is weird because I have never had any admiration to wear suspenders. Especially since im only 24 yo and thats not quite quite the style for my age bracket.

Any help would be great, or suggestions on any older model LVC's. Thanks guys! :)

Yes I agree with you, more of a 70's arc and quite familiar to me. But I also agree with Dr Heech that it is not the best shape they did.

(I wanted to ask you about your screen name: I associate Colgems with Monkees' albums and 1966 as probably the year of their first set of hits. Is that the association that the name has for you?)

cheers

hi madder, i'm a big fan of music from that era. i happened to be watching the monkees when i needed a screen name. i like most bands of that era but the monkees were better than they were given credit for.

hi madder, i'm a big fan of music from that era. i happened to be watching the monkees when i needed a screen name. i like most bands of that era but the monkees were better than they were given credit for.

Completely agree with you. Micky Dolenz had one of the best voices in all of pop, and the group had some amazing songs. It's only a pity that the band didn't wear more denim! :) (Though those placket shirts were pretty incredible for the time.)

Completely agree with you. Micky Dolenz had one of the best voices in all of pop, and the group had some amazing songs. It's only a pity that the band didn't wear more denim! :) (Though those placket shirts were pretty incredible for the time.)

i always thought they looked pretty cool, definately of their era. they were alway slagged because they had "help" early on. but what help! boyce&hart--- another great pop act not given their just due. and later they worked on their own stuff as much as anybody else, but the image stuck. shame because all the stuff up thru 1971 was good IMO. i'll take the monkees anyday over most of the crap posing as music today.

mmm... sailor T is nice. Glad I'm not in US & therefore blowing more cash.

SO. We have entertainment, cash, erk and the Doctor who might be hanging out in another thread, too.

Allen, not impressed or do you already have too many cinch-backs? (Didn't stop me...)

Paul, worried about cut and have 47s 1880s still break'n in and have a pair of 1901s still raw.

5193002679_ec4c44740d_o.jpg

The new LVC leather jacket.

Did that jacket come with those vaginas all over it or did you add them?