Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks for all the feedback re: my new '67 505's. They're by far the fullest jeans I've owned in a while and the slightly large waist makes them feel even bigger. That said, the look is growing on me and I'm thinking about holding on to them, adding them to the rotation when I feel 'ready.'

@runnormal - your 505's fit amazing! Truth be told, it was your WYWT pic that pushed me to pull the trigger on them (had been thinking about it for a bit)

If I hang on to them I'll post some pics.

staygoldn: Thanks! I had the exact first impression with mine - I had been wearing really slim fit/low rise jeans and the 67s felt full and the higher rise was an adjustment - but after about a week or two I was really digging the cut and they felt just right. When the LVC contest started I remember a few other people going through the same thing - jeans felt fuller cut than they were used to for the first week or two - and ended up really liking the cut . Looking forward to photos if you decide to keep them!

I was in Unionmade again this afternoon (damn, I'm really glad to have LVC for sale in SF again, but I'm spending way too much time there), and one of the guys there, Aaron, showed me his '47s that he had suspender buttons added to. He wondered if Levi's purists would hate him.

To make it more complex, the suspenders are Mr. Freedom.

4427498813_684225abb9_o.jpg

I was in Unionmade again this afternoon (damn, I'm really glad to have LVC for sale in SF again, but I'm spending way too much time there)

I know the feeling! I think I was there 3 times the week before last and each time I go there I see something new I like. Todd and co seem like nice people and I am stoked to see LVC available in the city as well.

Did you see any of the re issue 1946 chucks from a few years back? Very cool.

WhiteChucks.jpg

IMG_3767low.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

Those are great CT's. Who came up with that front grill first PF Flyer or Converse? I've never seen that on a pair of Converse.

I'm getting all nostalgic for sneakers. I've got a pair of classic black PF Flyers low tops that I'm wearing now and I need to get a pair of hi-tops. I just found a vintage sneaker site that had some pro-keds which seemed to be knock-offs of Flyers and Converse but were real popular on the east coast when I was a kid in the 70's through the 80's. I still have soft spot for their red/black stripe on the outside. Nobody seems to give a damn about them though with the huge Converse trend.

I was in Unionmade again this afternoon (damn, I'm really glad to have LVC for sale in SF again, but I'm spending way too much time there), and one of the guys there, Aaron, showed me his '47s that he had suspender buttons added to. He wondered if Levi's purists would hate him.

To make it more complex, the suspenders are Mr. Freedom.

4427498813_684225abb9_o.jpg

Is Carl working there, too? Looks like an amazing shop. Can't wait to stop in.

@ Bamahater

Good to see you chose the 1901, as not enough early models on this thread.

great to see the love for these. They're really under-rated. The 2003 are, as the dr says, a real inky blue - they look nice at every stage of fading.

Here are mine through the years. I only ever handwashed them and thought fading seemed v slow - then they came good, all at once. The first photo is way too pale - the detail shot gives a much better idea of how dark they are.

This is one pair of LVC looks good sized up in the conventional way, two inches - they're thin fabric so they drape relaly nicely.

Levis1901f.jpgLevis1901detail.jpg

[IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

1901lap.jpg

Hey guys. I have been wearing my new 1947s for a couple of days now after a 30 minute hot soak. I normally wear a size 32 so I got a pair of 34s. I like the fit in the thighs on down. They are straight and comfortable but not to baggy. But the anti-fit cut in the ass is kind of bothering me. I feel like I am wearing a denim diaper and I fear with more wear they will get worse. Would sizing down one lessen this or will these always have that loose in the ass look and feel?

Hey guys. I have been wearing my new 1947s for a couple of days now after a 30 minute hot soak. I normally wear a size 32 so I got a pair of 34s. I like the fit in the thighs on down. They are straight and comfortable but not to baggy. But the anti-fit cut in the ass is kind of bothering me. I feel like I am wearing a denim diaper and I fear with more wear they will get worse. Would sizing down one lessen this or will these always have that loose in the ass look and feel?

Give it time and lotsa wear. If you do it right they will stretch in the areas where they're tight and shrink in the areas that they're loose. STF. But for it to really work right you've got to be plenty patient. It takes usually 10 wet to drys for full shrinkage with 3 may 4 to get out most of it but for it to really work well you've got to have some good time between wears and soaks. If you a good fit right outta the box buy pre shrunk if you want an outstanding fit and great fades put in the time and it will pay off.

great to see the love for these. They're really under-rated. The 2003 are, as the dr says, a real inky blue - they look nice at every stage of fading.

Here are mine through the years. I only ever handwashed them and thought fading seemed v slow - then they came good, all at once. The first photo is way too pale - the detail shot gives a much better idea of how dark they are.

This is one pair of LVC looks good sized up in the conventional way, two inches - they're thin fabric so they drape relaly nicely.

Levis1901f.jpgLevis1901detail.jpg

[IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

1901lap.jpg

OUTSTANDING. I just hope my 1880s look half as good in a year.

Would rep if I could.

As promised, my new 2010 season 1944's - fit-pics and some details, courtesy of the GF and her EOS.

These are different in many ways from my 2005 44's, but due to the many variations on the original wartime productions, I'm not fazed at all and love the new cone denim on these. They seem a slimmer cut than previous 44's I've owned, and this may be due to me downsizing by one size (these 33" waist measure 34.5") They will get a coldish soak soon.

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload.

Quick question on drying my 1901's in the dryer. I did a 3 hour hot soak on them and they shrunk from a 32x35 to about a 31x32.5. They are still about 1/2 to 1 inch loose in the waist. I was wondering if I did another hot soak and did a hot dry in the dryer would it mess the jeans up and screw up the fading process? I figure my dryer would look like blue splatter everywhere. I guess I could just soak in a boiling pot for a little while too.

As promised, my new 2010 season 1944's - fit-pics and some details, courtesy of the GF and her EOS.

These are different in many ways from my 2005 44's, but due to the many variations on the original wartime productions, I'm not fazed at all and love the new cone denim on these. They seem a slimmer cut than previous 44's I've owned, and this may be due to me downsizing by one size (these 33" waist measure 34.5") They will get a coldish soak soon.

Great looking 44s Dr_Heech - can't wait to see how they break in!

Quick question on drying my 1901's in the dryer. I did a 3 hour hot soak on them and they shrunk from a 32x35 to about a 31x32.5. They are still about 1/2 to 1 inch loose in the waist. I was wondering if I did another hot soak and did a hot dry in the dryer would it mess the jeans up and screw up the fading process? I figure my dryer would look like blue splatter everywhere. I guess I could just soak in a boiling pot for a little while too.

Don't go near a dryer.