Levi's Vintage Clothing

I would say soaking the jacket in the tub @30 degrees centigrade for 20 minutes should be fine, but no longer, as you dont want to overdo it. How much shrinkage can you afford to lose? Wearing it raw for is no probs but you'll wanna give in to the thought of a soak at some point.

Not sure how much could afford to lose, but an 1" in the sleeve, body, and chest is about all I'd want. After geting a female opinion on the fit last night, I'm going to wear it raw for the time being. I've got enough room to put a bulky sweatshirt on underneath it, and still not look like I'm wearing a sack when I have on just a t-shirt. At some point though this summer it's going to have to be soaked.

I'm thinking I'd like this Unionmade place...

I stopped into Unionmade SF today, they got some new LVC in.

4421449874_0c0689ac64_o.jpg

2010 1915s and 1947s. Shorty, no circle R on the '47s.

4421449842_dfe4311578_o.jpg

A striped Sunset popover. Nice.

4421449962_6f3da26f3e_o.jpg

4421449942_e6780a2e26_o.jpg

Shorthorn check shirts. IMHO, the nicest piece of non-denim/duck from this season. The wooden buttons are great, really nice ('40s?) cut.

4420684273_29d087d3f1_o.jpg

4420684247_27fa7898bf_o.jpg

Not sure how much could afford to lose, but an 1" in the sleeve, body, and chest is about all I'd want. After geting a female opinion on the fit last night, I'm going to wear it raw for the time being. I've got enough room to put a bulky sweatshirt on underneath it, and still not look like I'm wearing a sack when I have on just a t-shirt. At some point though this summer it's going to have to be soaked.

I tend to wear my jeans loose and my jackets a little more fitted (no tight though). The M for the 2010 is 48" accross the chest. So if it lost 10% (tag says so), it would end up losing over 4 inches. That makes no sense. I've never had an LVC jacket lose more than 1" in the width. They tend to shrink plenty in the length if you hot wash them.

I stopped into Unionmade SF today, they got some new LVC in.

Stoked that some nice photos are up of this store and the LVC collection. That pair of 1915 32x34s sitting on the left are the ones I've had my eye on since I saw them a few weeks ago.

Stoked that some nice photos are up of this store and the LVC collection. That pair of 1915 32x34s sitting on the left are the ones I've had my eye on since I saw them a few weeks ago.

In Roy6's first pic, there's what looks like a Lee westerner on the mannequin between the two racks of clothes. Do they do the range of Lee westerner stuff, or am I mistaken?

Those checked shirts look awesome!

In Roy6's first pic, there's what looks like a Lee westerner on the mannequin between the two racks of clothes. Do they do the range of Lee westerner stuff, or am I mistaken?

Doc, you mean the tan jacket? I looked at it, since there were some vintage Levi's pieces along that end of the rack, but I don't remember what it was, aside from not Levis. I was over-focused, and have already been admonished for not photographing the Alden's.

Maybe runnormal will check it out when he goes back to look at those 1915s again this weekend.:)

Sorry to overpost, but I wanted to take advantage of PaulT's having scrambled his password. Paul, I know you can't post, but I'll bet you're looking. How long to go, two or three more days?

This is the 40's EZ sweatshirt from this season.

4423417864_ae23bdf4b4_b.jpg

looks like some other jacket dr. the collar of the tan jacket is darker, maybe corduroy. the levis ad on the wall is crazy. cant wait to go there in september. nice. great pics roy

In Roy6's first pic, there's what looks like a Lee westerner on the mannequin between the two racks of clothes. Do they do the range of Lee westerner stuff, or am I mistaken?.
This is the 40's EZ sweatshirt from this season...Maybe runnormal will check it out when he goes back to look at those 1915s again this weekend.

Roy6 that sweatshirt looks awesome. Knowing me I am sure I will be there over the weekend looking through all the LVC stuff, for some reason it never gets boring, lol - and Dr_Heech I'd be happy to find out about the Lee Westerner stuff, no prob!

Crosspost from evo thread.

Here's my LVC 501 1966, 8-9 months of wear one inital soak and then 2 machine washes at 30 celsius. I can't understand why I always get major crotch blow outs :S

ApfubuOVU.jpg

ykgFSVICo.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics.

The crotch blowout is a damn, dirty shame, otherwise those are classic.

Sorry to overpost, but I wanted to take advantage of PaulT's having scrambled his password. Paul, I know you can't post, but I'll bet you're looking. How long to go, two or three more days?

This is the 40's EZ sweatshirt from this season.

4423417864_ae23bdf4b4_b.jpg

What brand of sneaks?

That's a Filson jacket.

No Lee here at Unionmade other than 1 vintage chore coat in the window.

does anyone know if the Type III jacket from the 2010 collection will shrink much?

Is it Cone denim?

Hey Jason.

The type IIIs are sanforized, so minimal shrinkage. Maybe around 3%, maybe a bit more if you throw it in the drier?

Love the avatar!

Here are pics of my 1901's I got in today. They are what looks to be new 2010 stock with the correct Levis patch. They are tagged 32x36 but actually are a 32x35. These fit nearly tts. Is it me or is the Levis patch kinda small. BTW, the cinch is really cheap. Overall they are really nice. A good hot soak and they should be ready to go.

PICT2975.jpg

th_PICT2971.jpg

th_PICT2976.jpg

@ Bamahater

Good to see you chose the 1901, as not enough early models on this thread.

Yeah the patches on the last and cuerrent season's 1890's, 1901's and the 1915's are all smaller than they should be (but only by 5mm side and top). It was so noticable when you line all the models up side by side together, especially when you consider the patches on the 1917's, 27's, 33's and 37's are the correct size. One of those mystery Lvc things..

(The patch on the 2010 44's looked to be the best one of the lot IMO).

The denim on these look really nice.

Btw the metal on the buckle is a pressed alloy, I believe , which is why it feels cheap, but should be ok.

Also, looking at the pics you posted, there is no 'XX' after 501 on that 1901 model . Or are my eyes decieving me?

Just received my '67 505's last night. While the denim looks/feels great a couple of things missed -

1. The label says "made in Turkey." I imagine this is the case with the 505, but I thought all EU LVC was made in the US.

2. 30 was the smallest waist I could find and they're a good inch or two big. Will a hot soak shrink these at all since they're sanfor?

They're a solid pair of jeans. I'm hoping to keep them. Appreciate the help.

1. I think most of the EU stuff is made in Turkey

2. my ex-pair of 44's hardly shrank in the waist after a hot machine wash (but inseam shrank a lot!)

'67 505s are the only "non-distressed"/deadstock LVC jeans that are not made in the USA (the sanforized denim comes from Japan I think).

Sanforized denim may shrink 1-3%...you're definitely not going to get 2" shrinkage, especially in the waist.

Just received my '67 505's last night. While the denim looks/feels great a couple of things missed -

1. The label says "made in Turkey." I imagine this is the case with the 505, but I thought all EU LVC was made in the US.

2. 30 was the smallest waist I could find and they're a good inch or two big. Will a hot soak shrink these at all since they're sanfor?

They're a solid pair of jeans. I'm hoping to keep them. Appreciate the help.

Here's something I've found out (this pertains to my fellow Americans). While the prices of the rigid denim pieces here in the US are competitive with Euro shops, it seems that if you're interested in purchasing any of the non-denim pieces you're almost better off (from a dollars and cents perspective) buying them from a Euro shop. For example, the 1920s chinos at blackbird in Seattle are retailing for ($225US+shipping). At cultizm, you'd pay ($184.03+$20 shipping). It's not that much of a difference, but it was something that struck me.