Levi's Vintage Clothing

Anyone know if they make any of the LVC in 31 tagged waists? My 31x34 tagged 47's fit really good. The only place i've seen anything in 31 waists were the 47's I bought during the $99 sale on Levis.com

weren't the ones on sale on levi.com undersized? if so...you're in luck!

cause they make a 30x34.

I think these were more true to size. These are a 2006 release. They fit me really good. Should have realized and bought another pair to keep for later.

the 2006 ones were undersized. have you soaked yet?

I guess they were undersized then. I soaked them and they fit really good. I have noticed a little stretching over the weeks since soaking..

if thats so, I'd guess you'd be lookin for a pair that measure 30" raw.

if you're not sure, measure your pair like this : http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

you should be looking for jeans to measure this after soaking.

take into account that your pair may have stretched some.

weren't the ones on sale on levi.com undersized? if so...you're in luck!

cause they make a 30x34.

They weren't undersized from my experience as well. I also purchased 31x34s from Levi's.com and measured them pre-soak as 31.5 at the waist. They now run just short of 31 post soak (if they had been 30 pre-soak they would have been a stretch for me).

I'm in the same boat as well with them now that I've got a perfect fit with 31s. If I ever need another pair I'm out of luck unless they produce that size again (although since they do other uneven sizes I don't know why 31 is so rare).

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 1954z 34x38 from cultizm, does anyone have any problem with sizing on these -- since lately i've been reading about LVC's erratic sizing issues. PS. I'm assuming the 1954 and the 1955 are practically the same cut except for the zipper? I'm I correct to assume this?

Never assume with Lvc !

The 1954 501Z should be the same as the 1955 501, but they aren't - they're very tapered from the knee downward. Unsure why Lvc chose to go down this road as they are not true to original cut.

If you can find one of the rare Lvc Japan models, they are IMO just like the originals.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 1954z 34x38 from cultizm, does anyone have any problem with sizing on these -- since lately i've been reading about LVC's erratic sizing issues. PS. I'm assuming the 1954 and the 1955 are practically the same cut except for the zipper? I'm I correct to assume this?

No. Search this thread or compare photos on Cultizm. The 54 are fairly slim as far as I know.

I am not sure there is any difference between this year's and last year's '44s. The denim, front pocket bags, etc. all seem to be the same. I think the only difference is how they were packaged.

????

they have the orange painted arcs, not like the naff lilac colour on last seasons' model. I noted that they still have the HBT OD green pocket material though, which I thought was a nice touch, and more importantly the correct thickness of leather patch which is also embossed.

Will double check this on Saturday at Cinch.

here you go:

web.jpg?ver=12676090310001

web.jpg?ver=12676090650001

web.jpg?ver=12676090770001

web.jpg?ver=12676090910001

i am absolutely pleased on how they turned out. what do you think?

@ Dr. Heech: i was told they are from the new 2010 batch, but i really have no idea if that is true??? anyway i think they look great and suits me well so,... i dont care which year they are made,... but how can i find out? are there any specialities i have to look for?

Anyone know if they make any of the LVC in 31 tagged waists? My 31x34 tagged 47's fit really good. The only place i've seen anything in 31 waists were the 47's I bought during the $99 sale on Levis.com

Cultizm has the 1967 505s in a tagged 31" waist: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p80_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1967-505xx-JEANS-DRY-GOODS-LVC.html and my experience is they are slightly undersized so a tagged 31 might = 30.5 (ish)....

For instance, the pale lemon stitching is highly prized in Japan...
Is this the same color as the 33s? For whatever reason I just love the 33 stitching color.

two things - superscore: great fit. secondly, dr heech is a size 36/38. And nobody commented on how he looked fat. Good job, sufu.

Hey you guys, enough of the fat jibes, I'm a sensitive man.

Actually Ben, I'm a measured size 36 before pre-soak/washing !

@ Superscore.

Love the fit on your 44's, tempting me to buy and do a bath tub/ wear wet number also.

The only way you can tell which season they are from is by posting a pic of the inside white wash tag with all the numbers/info.

I'm not sure the importance of figuring out if a pair of the 1944s is from this recent release or last year's batch. Is it just the color of the painted arcuates? There don't seem to be any other differences. I could understand if it meant the difference in sizing/cut or details such as the weight of the denim or presence (or lack) of green "surplus fabric" cotton bags or coin pocket rivets.

What I'm trying to figure out is...are people stressing over whether they're now purchasing 1944s from this year's or last year's stock? And if so, why?

Yeah, the 1920 201 is available now @ Cultizm in measured size W31. One's I got from them tagged W32 X L34 and measure exact W31 X 34. They're real cool quality vintage jean at a fair price, the denim is beautiful 10.5 oz. and they're full of crude vintage details. The cut's not for everyone though, I won't get into details, but if you want an accurate fit/cut description check out Paul T's 501 Visual Guide or his 201 555 vs 2007 threads...he's far more concise and accurate than I can be.

Lilac, or orange painted arcs?

My '44 JP LVC had those putrid violet/pink colour arcs -- really looked like crap. Foto's can be deceptive, but the ones pictured on Farinelli's site look to be brown or orange and his are the current version. If current run end up having the lilac arcs that's something I just can;t hang with. Let us know what you finf out @ Cinch Doc. Thanks bro....

I'm not sure the importance of figuring out if a pair of the 1944s is from this recent release or last year's batch. Is it just the color of the painted arcuates? There don't seem to be any other differences. I could understand if it meant the difference in sizing/cut or details such as the weight of the denim or presence (or lack) of green "surplus fabric" cotton bags or coin pocket rivets.

What I'm trying to figure out is...are people stressing over whether they're now purchasing 1944s from this year's or last year's stock? And if so, why?

When it comes to Levis 501's, I am an obsessive. Always have been, always will.

I think for me it is the details that are as close to the originals as possible.

Yes I know that Lvc repros aren 100% authentic to the real thing, but they are the next best thing for mere working mortals such as ourselves. For me, the greater the % towards that elusive authenticy, the more likely I will buy a pair.

When I originally saw the Lilac arcs model, not only was I shocked at the said arcs, but also the aforementioned 'cheese cloth' denim (a sufu member posted pics of these before - not sure who??). There is also the belt loops which seemed to have changed on this particular model (look more now like the 55's type, rather than previous seasons', which are more similar to the 33's type as per originals). And then there's the patch, which seems to change every other year.

When i saw Superscores' 44's, and he said they were from the 2010 run, I was confused as they aren't the same (under severe scrutiny) as the 2010 pair I saw in Cinch, hence me questioning said details.

I dont see anyone 'stressing' about which season 44's to purchase, it's just me adding information to my little denim library in my head, so as to make the sort of informed choice I like when buying a pair of £150 pair of Lvc repros. I thought this thread was the perfect vehicle to discuss such matters. Geeks want answers too.