Levi's Vintage Clothing

I realize you're keeping them - didnt mean to imply that I wanted them. I just want to SEE them - never seen that model before!

The 1929 201 is just what the Valencia st model was called (1998-1999).

When they re-issued it in 2005 (and again in 2007), it was just labelled 1920 201. They are basically the same model.

If they were in a size 38 waist, you'd want 'em. :)

shortened the cinch strap so it would functionQUOTE]

Yeah, what is it about the the last few collections' cinch straps being waaay to long on the buckle side? I had to shorten the strap on my 1927's.

My 1901 duck pant have the patented rivets and the early, non-two horse patch placed on the left. Will get some pics posted soon.

The problem with your process is it really take 4 to 5 wet to dry cycles how ever you do them to get most of the shrinkage out of the way and 10 or so time to get it 99% of the way done. After the fades are fully set a year or maybe a bit more into it I will wash them in a washer no detergent and air dry.

I hot soaked my 55's overnight, hung dry, then hemmed them and wore them for the past 5-6 months. Does that mean I should probably not wash them or do another long hot soak because they'll shrink too much?

I hot soaked my 55's overnight, hung dry, then hemmed them and wore them for the past 5-6 months. Does that mean I should probably not wash them or do another long hot soak because they'll shrink too much?

i would only handwash them with cold water. then you might be ok. definitely don't hotwash them.

I think they are 2005.

Some nice models were made in 2005: - the 1886, the 1890 (second issue with the hammered rivets), 1944 wartime with front pocket lining made from stripe shirt material. Really well made.

Also the second variant of the 1955 (the variation being the yellow stitch is to the outside of the back pockets, rather than the inside) - they were really solid.

.. and, unfortunately, the 'wrong arcs' 201.

I also have the 40's 'hap jones' sweat from '05, which is just too short to realistically wear for me, but is a quality item nonetheless. Great chainstitching and details.

LVC47501

Almost 16 months. Maybe 4 or 5 washes.

FIrst pic is with flash and others in nautral light.

They are a bit darker really.

You've got a nice pair, really good job. They look like they've stretched a lot: what's your real size in waist, what's the tagged waist size of your 47's?

You've got a nice pair, really good job. They look like they've stretched a lot: what's your real size in waist, what's the tagged waist size of your 47's?

where do you see that? the waist band looks normal and his honeycombs are very diagonal, which means they can't be too tight.

Great job btw I.T.

I love the 1947 denim. it looks so gray and grainy

They haven't stretched. I'm maybe 30-31 waist and they are tagged 32 and are nowadays too tight. I can't button the last button (:D), because they have shrunk a bit.

(sorry my english)

Thx. I thought the waistband looks a bit stretched but I guess I was mistaken. But don't they stretch back while weraing (so that you can button them up)?

Can somebody identify these Valencia Street 501's from Febr. 2001? Cut is like 55's, but arcuate is more shallow.

label.jpg

59-new2.jpg

The valencia street made 55's always had a tad more shallow arc than the later models. Look back at the comparison pics somewhere in this thread: - 1955's from '98, 2003 and 2005.

i dont realy know if it fits in here, but i just read an article saying that the lady levis has its 75 anniverary this fall. thats when the first jean for women hit the market. i have to check pauls book on that.