Levi's Vintage Clothing

its already posted,its" 501 The revolution of the jean",clothcovered,with all the usual pics of the certain models from the archive.

Oh yes, I have that 'stinky' book. Not bad for a freebie.

Great pics, especially like the 1901 and 1937 ! (great colour and fades)

(Just as a matter of interest, what size are you in an A-2?)

Guest Selvage Seb.
AFAIK, the 1937 '201' is very similar to the 1937 501 - the fabric is probabyl slightly different. I think it's Seb's pic that showed how good they can look worn undersized. Seb?

The fabric is indeed a little different compared to the 37' 501 I have seen. Fabric is a little more hairy and slightly darker. ( I've never seen a worn in pair for comparison though)

The jeans are a little snug after a soak, but I usually wear them pretty low on my hips, not tight at all at the waistband..

They fade very slowly by the way!

Seb's sure came out amazing.

Thanks ChuckO,

planning to wear them untill they're completely trashed and almost unwearable

Seb, we need those pics reposting to give an idea of 30s jeans, worn trim. Yours are obviously the personification of how they should look.

My guess is that the fabric on the 555 1937 '201' is the same as the other early 555 stuff from Cone, which seems hairier than the new stuff. The farbic on my 1955s is lovely, very hairy, altho the construction is arguably inferior to the later models. There are many examples that show that the earlier, reintroduced Cone selvage ages beautifully.

less arguing, more pictures!

update after a cold machine wash on my LVC 201, 1937

x6k8bq.jpg

2u9pa52.jpg

thanks for those pics... does it say what the 3, 4, 5 series are for? As in what you get for the money from Levi's? I assume it's like BMW.. the higher up you go... the more you get..

Dr H I'm dig'n those 401s.

AF

Yeah, only pix I've ever seen of them. They look like a youths version of the 501, but they have a linen two horse patch, yet dont have the #2 or 3 stamped in large font on the patch.

The 336 look like a variant of your 333's, but with one pocket and different buttons. They look like they have purple or green stitching.

It's a great old magazine, no english but great pictorial info!

I'll try and post some more pix before it goes on ebay.

thanks for those pics... does it say what the 3, 4, 5 series are for? As in what you get for the money from Levi's? I assume it's like BMW.. the higher up you go... the more you get..

Not sure as it's all in Japanese.

500 (XX) series are the premium work pant, with the 200 series being the budget version of the 501and the 300 series being the basic work pant.

The 400 series IMO are for youths in the 30's, the 600 were 1960-70's orange tab I think . I've seen a 701 (ladies jeans from the 30's/40's) and a 901 which was a chicks-cut 501 from 1985.

It's got loads of great pics and info.

I really wasn't planning on washing my 33's for a while. They just had their first wash at 8 months.... today I'm pouring whole foods broccoli cheddar soup into bowls and bamm... all over my leg is super hot soup... I don't think I can just wipe that off....

I really wasn't planning on washing my 33's for a while. They just had their first wash at 8 months.... today I'm pouring whole foods broccoli cheddar soup into bowls and bamm... all over my leg is super hot soup... I don't think I can just wipe that off....

HH

If it helps, several weeks ago I had a mishap with my 1927's. I wont go in to detail, but to add to all my recent woes (I have been in and out of hospital since january), two days after an operation, I suddenly had a relapse and bled like a stuck pig all over my jeans. I was staying at a friends, and his wife just chucked the 27's in a hot wash (not inside out!) and although all the blood came out, they now have loads of streaky creases all down the legs!

I'm gonna stick with 'em though...

HH

If it helps, several weeks ago I had a mishap with my 1927's. I wont go in to detail, but to add to all my recent woes (I have been in and out of hospital since january), two days after an operation, I suddenly had a relapse and bled like a stuck pig all over my jeans. I was staying at a friends, and his wife just chucked the 27's in a hot wash (not inside out!) and although all the blood came out, they now have loads of streaky creases all down the legs!

I'm gonna stick with 'em though...

I think the creases can look kinda cool sometimes. lets see some pics?

Dr.H sorry about the 27's... I guess that's part of allure of wearing them..

This second wash definitely did a number on them. Lost a lot of blue... even inside out... I tried to wear them slightly wet too...

Ah well.... whatchagonnado?

Dr.H sorry about the 27's... I guess that's part of allure of wearing them..

This second wash definitely did a number on them. Lost a lot of blue... even inside out... I tried to wear them slightly wet too...

Ah well.... whatchagonnado?

That's the beauty of it. After you stop 'worrying' about them, you just get on with the job of wearing them.

The good thing about the 20's/30's cut is that because of the way the denim fabric hangs, you can get away with those streaky lines.

The 33 is probably my favorite model.

Can anyone give me any sizing advice? I'm trying to figure out if these measurements are pre-or post soak measurements. Do you think this jacket is raw? I can get the size 42 elsewhere if need be. The sleeve length on the size L (40) is just right, but I'm not sure if these have been washed or not.

http://en.item.rakuten.com/vari/lv-jk-71507-xx/