Levi's Vintage Clothing

happy you like it. yes there is some other levis related stuff on there, like a rider coat, or some nice gabardine shirts. its interesting to see what levis made back in 1941

Interesting to note that Levis were still calling their 213/506 jacket a jumper (rather than blouse?).

Didnt Lvc do an 1890 'closed front jumper'?

Anyone know what year lvc made the 702xx replicas? Or if they still make them?

Edit; should have mentioned it's lvc japan not europe

I first saw them in London around 1993-4, bought back from trips to Japan by a chap who had a store in the basement of the ' Kenny market '

I think they came out around the same time as the first Capital E reissues (1994). I think both types are the forerunners of the 'Lvc' term, as Levis Vintage Clothing first came out in June 1996.

I've got a pic of them somewhere, will try and dig it out.

Cheers, picked up a pair in Tokyo last week for cheap but wasn't sure what they were. I'll put some flicks on this week

They were an early attempt at a 1930's repro, with the most obvious difference being that the buckleback was placed lower, on the yoke.

The buckle is the same as the 1937 201xx, unusually it has donut buttons on the front and the cut is slim, going by the pics.

4070088174_0bc7c06769_o.jpg

4070087976_744dcc66d3_o.jpg

heres the label inside, im guessing then from what you said that the '94' at the end is production date.

Yeah, and they should have J22 on the back of the button.

Interesting to note - double stitched along the inside of the waistband at the top, and going by my pics, they have 1947 twin needle arcuates and no V-stitch by the fly.

I wanted to post these @ 6mo mark, but my pc hard drive fried out. Just got her going again and here are my 555 '37s @ 8mos. I did the unthinkable and gave them an ice cold soak when new and line dried -- had to cuz length too long at 35'' and looked like crap. Otherwise, no wash since. They ended up more rigid than they were b'fore rinse/new. I feel almost embarrassed to show them since other '37s posted here by the pros look so much better. It's just that these don't seem to show wear at all and I've put them through hell. I ain't complaining though, after dishing out $200 for these I expect them to last and they're not letting me down. Following 3 pics taken indoors w/flash show actual dark colour -- note still very dark and nice:

DSCN0403.jpg?t=1257306754

DSCN0405.jpg?t=1257306863

This one's kinda light -- indigo actually darker like prior 2 pics >>>>>>

DSCN0404.jpg?t=1257306982

These shots taken outdoors in full sun. Very pale, but shows wear marks and dirt better than indoor shots.>>>>

DSCN0410.jpg?t=1257307035

This one shows dirt stains better than other shots especially on sides where I like to wipe my hands while doing yard work. Nice to have a rugged pair of quality jeans that you can abuse w/out worrying about them falling apart or getting dirty.

DSCN0412.jpg?t=1257307391

DSCN0418.jpg?t=1257307426

Note heavy dirt in creases. I've done a lot of grunt work in these, everything from laying 460sqft of sod, trimming the hedges, garage work to mowing the lwan 100s of times yet they hardly show any signs of dirt outside of the creases. No wash and don't intend to wash for a long time.

DSCN0449.jpg?t=1257307934

This shot taken outdoors in shade. Colour still very pale, but gives a different perspective on wear.

I think he's following the Airfrog school of not soaking. Which can work - except if they're too big.

THey're looking great, electrum, if it's any consolation I reckon they're showing more wear than my 20s 201. After nine months wear, they look as if they're a month old. With yours, I reckon if you give them a machine wash another eight weeks, the contrast will zing out. (I am guessing these are the 555 '201' with the leather patch from the early LVC runs).

I think he's following the Airfrog school of not soaking. Which can work - except if they're too big.

THey're looking great, electrum, if it's any consolation I reckon they're showing more wear than my 20s 201. After nine months wear, they look as if they're a month old. With yours, I reckon if you give them a machine wash another eight weeks, the contrast will zing out. (I am guessing these are the 555 '201' with the leather patch from the early LVC runs).

What's the 'Airfrog school' of no soaking?

I would... but I've just brought my 55 and my 47 to the perfect state, and I'd be repeating myself, so it's SDA103 for the next six months for me. I've stll got to finish off my 1920s 201, and I have some 1890s for summer, but by that point I'll have been through most of the major eras; I'm wearing Lee right now, might try the Edwin Riders soon... plus I'm still annoyed I didn't get a pair of the classic Duckdiggers when we started that thread all those years ago.

When that lot's done, I'll be back to the 55, 47 and 201 under the bed. ..