Levi's Vintage Clothing

I was wandering around SoHo yesterday and they were selling Levi's 505-0217 at the J. Crew for Men store for around $175? (165? I can't remember) - they seemed pretty dope tho

raw? or pre-distressed? when i was there a few weeks back i didn't see much raw.

raw? or pre-distressed? when i was there a few weeks back i didn't see much raw.

those ones were raw they had the 501 in raw as well and about 3 pairs of predistressed, seems like they are focusing on levi's stuff for the moment - its their window display

those 44s have some really bizarre stitching on the leather patch...

it looks like its too far in and goes right over the red border on the levi's logo.

I wonder if that is some sort of legitimate detail or if its just an example of a contracted factory not knowing how to make a pair of levi's.

nice stack of goodies you've got there btw

m0t3d ~

Leave the hemming you mean? Alterations might come up in a discussion of rules, but I don't think hemming would be an issue at all. Taking in the legs to make them slimmer, tapering them, etc would probably be the only no-nos.

Be sure to hash it out with Joe if you didn't buy them through your account!

Someone else would be better informed to give advice regarding hemming after soaking.

those 44s have some really bizarre stitching on the leather patch...

it looks like its too far in and goes right over the red border on the levi's logo.

I wonder if that is some sort of legitimate detail or if its just an example of a contracted factory not knowing how to make a pair of levi's.

nice stack of goodies you've got there btw

True, the leather patch looks very different compared to my 44's...

Ya I was thinking the same but it's all good it is still one good looking pair. Thanks man. I'm considering getting them hemmed only like an inch if they're looking too long after the soak, good idea or no because of washing shrinkage later on?

What's your true inseam size? They'll shrink a lot in the length after soaking, so be careful!

i think the leather patches on all new lvc look cheap and like plastic, the worst thing to me...

I've noticed that too. My 1947s both have great patches that look really cool now and weren't plastic-like at all. but my 37s from last year have a real bad patch and doesn't seem to have aged at all.

Cross post from Cultizm contest thread...my '47 555's for posterity...

Pre-soak 555 1947 size 31:

waist - 31

front - 11.85

back- 14.25

thigh (big/se) - 11.75-12/11

knee - 9

leg open - 8.75

inseam - 38

Poor lighting pics:

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

Definitely liking these Valencia St's...and Cultizm coming through with their great service and unbelievable shipping times (ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday morning) with free shipping to boot! Now come join our fun little contest! wink wink

Thanks to cheapmuthrfkr and beautiful_FrEak for pushing me towards the '47. However, Cultizm found a pair of '44s in my size, so I went with them for the contest.

Got some '47 on ice...didn't want to rebuy something, didn't want to go on the secondary list, so they'll have to wait.

the best patches had been used for the 555s... along with todays japan repros, which are imo the best!

Not true at all... these patches on the 4170 Spring 2k6 are the best LVC patches I've seen, period.

The first two pictures are from a brand new pair of 32/34's I have in the closet.

The third picture if after only three months of wear. I don't know how, but somehow I have a way of wearing patches fast. It's surprising because this looks a lot older than the wear from my jeans. the texture is amazing. Think of the consistency of a well worn in leather major league baseball.

New

patch3.JPG

patch2.JPG

Worn

patch1.JPG