Buzz Rickson

partytaco

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting a N-1.

There are a number of different version by BR.

There is the 'normal' one - BR 10231 which costs 36,750 JPY.

img57166338.jpg

Then there's the Demotex edition, which has both a thicker alpaca lining and outer jungle cloth shell. It has the number BR 12032 and costs a cool 54,600 JPY.

img57913197.jpg

I'm wondering how the two compare and if the additional nearly 20,000 are worth it.

And also how the Demotex edition compares to the Real McCoy one, which looks similar and retails for a similar price of 57,750 JPY.

img58372219.jpg

I'd also be glad to hear about fit recommendation. I normally wear a 42 (around 18 in the shoulders and 22 in the chest with 26 sleeves), but I heard that these fit a bit small, so 44 might be the size to go for.

Also, what's your experience with the colour? Will it change from the greenish one in the picture to the more brownish khaki over time? Or are these just different colour for the different season's models?

Edited by indigoeagle

• 4 weeks later...

I've just received a new model Buzz sweatshirt in olive green, size L and in comparison to the 2 old model sweats I had in size M, the fit is now much better and more flattering for me. The downside is that it definitely feels slightly thinner and more lightweight.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a M63866 and a chambray work shirt from Jenna at HPA. Let me just say that it was an absolute joy dealing with HPA. Jenna and Bob (I think was his name correct me if I'm wrong) were just amazing people. Love the fact that it was an actual person on the phone with me having a human conversation. They were both just fucking wonderful. Got a small in the grey and a 36 in the shirt, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of advice needed... If you will?

Buzz Rickson CPO purchased last year.

Quality is unsurpassed. I am a massive McCoys fan but the McCoys CPO does not come close.

It is made from pressed pure wool and fits me to perfection (size 38") The size 40" fitted more like a over shirt which is how a lot of people like to wear them.

It is coming up for its first wash and i can not afford any shrinkage. Does anyone else own this shirt who can chip in a bit of advice? Dry clean is not an option, dry cleaners in my neighbourhood cant be trusted with anything other than dish cloths.

8317819628_d450c6c9c9_c.jpg

8316763573_fc20a39a30_c.jpg

8316762787_5768a1b42a_c.jpg

8317816764_d90a706a4b_c.jpg

I have the same shirt i've been wearing for five years now and i only dry clean it because it fits me perfectly and i cannot afford to have it shrink even a quarter inch.

I used to have that shirt as well; quality is great but I decided to sell it; size was perfect but I prefer to have it a size bigger so I can use as an overshirt, its perfect for that

I'd say - find a better dry cleaners... give them a test run with something not so loved.

Dry Clean really is not an option for me all the ones i know really would fuck it up they are notorious for it, Cant remember ever having a good experience with a dry cleaners.

My options are..

2 hour extra cold soak to set the fibers then gentle cold hand wash.

Or

Woolite make a pack with individual home dry cleaning cloths impregnated with fluid and you basically rub the shirt inside and out with the cloth then hang to dry.

Anyone got any experience of these?

What's with the aggression ?? The guy was only asking a question

@ Double 0 Soul

I'd say try the woolite thing and spot clean any stains , seems a lot of hassle for cleaning a shirt but if you can't afford any shrinkage I'd say its the way to go

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this shirt in late 2012 - will (machine-)wash it in the next 1-2 weeks.

Let me know if you need measurements...

Dry Clean really is not an option for me all the ones i know really would fuck it up they are notorious for it, Cant remember ever having a good experience with a dry cleaners.

My options are..

2 hour extra cold soak to set the fibers then gentle cold hand wash.

Or

Woolite make a pack with individual home dry cleaning cloths impregnated with fluid and you basically rub the shirt inside and out with the cloth then hang to dry.

Anyone got any experience of these?

Dam right!, Following info would be greatly appreciated..

Size of shirt 38" 40" ?

Pre and post wash pit to pit measurements.

Pre and post wash length of shirt at the back from collar to hem (collar down)

Cold soak?

Washing temp?

Love your foolhardy approach to risk aversion.

Edited by Double 0 Soul