I'm not sure if this is appropriate topic, but maybe anyone can recommend good wallet? Might be some tactical condura stuff or something more interesting. I really like my visvim bi-fold wallet, but it's too thick, i need something much thiner, can be without slot for coins. Hole for carabiner is a big plus.

I use this: http://www.acrnm.com/collections/3rdarm/products/3a-mp2ts-black

03E60E41-63B4-4453-8C9B-6FEC9F361992_zps

(Not a great pic (hand looks retarded) but you get the idea)

Edited by Flipflop214

I picked up a Machine Era wallet, since I wanted a front-pocket wallet I could put an RFID card in and still be able to use. Solid block of aluminum, comes in black, super super nice.

339lf7d.jpg

2010q6d.jpg

And on a different note, does anyone know any good running shoes to go with the Maharishi pants I posted? I'm about to move to the tropics and my old standby Diemme Roccia Vets aren't going to see as much wear. I'd kill for some of last seasons Flyknit Racers but the Retarded Sneakerhead Taxâ„¢ is in full swing.

Edited by Igneousity

Are there any tailoring shops near you? If so I would say order yourself some tech fabric (I know a few if you need contact info) and have the tailor make you a tie. 

Even a shitty tailor can make a necktie, it's not all that complicated.

It is actually quite complicated to make a nice, say seven fold, tie. Proportions are also quite important so I would never do that.

Hey, I'm looking for a black hooded waterproof jacket, mainly for biking but which is also decent looking.

The problem is I can't afford veilance or acronym.

Does anybody have a recommendation?

Get more money.

Hey, I'm looking for a black hooded waterproof jacket, mainly for biking but which is also decent looking.

mission workshop, or swrve. honestly though i rarely use veilance/acronym for biking; I want people to see me on my bike. I don't want techninjbike shit, because that equals eating real-life car shit.

mission workshop, or swrve. honestly though i rarely use veilance/acronym for biking; I want people to see me on my bike. I don't want techninjbike shit, because that equals eating real-life car shit.

mission workshop's apparel are mostly black/grey though (veilance actually has more colorful options). The cyclist oriented brands like rapha and vulpine do have reflective accents that can be revealed while biking, to aid visibility, and then hidden upon arrival at the destination.

Or wear a black hoodie and a very bright, reflective backpack

mission workshop's apparel are mostly black/grey though (veilance actually has more colorful options). The cyclist oriented brands like rapha and vulpine do have reflective accents that can be revealed while biking, to aid visibility, and then hidden upon arrival at the destination.

Or wear a black hoodie and a very bright, reflective backpack

my other caveat with bike clothes is that I often fix bikes on the fly (just to adjust gear/derailleur things) and i've ended up more times with grease on clothes than I'd prefer, so getting grease on a $40 cycling top isn't that bad, but getting grease on a $1k ACR shell? Man. Shit's rough.

my other caveat with bike clothes is that I often fix bikes on the fly (just to adjust gear/derailleur things) and i've ended up more times with grease on clothes than I'd prefer, so getting grease on a $40 cycling top isn't that bad, but getting grease on a $1k ACR shell? Man. Shit's rough.

Grease on an ACR hard/schoeller shell should wipe right off ;)  

Look at Gore Bike Wear and then get a helmet + helmet protection for when it rains.

Anybody have leads on sourcing seam tape?

I'm looking for some to repair a garment where the facing has started to unravel around the membrane (UC Diaplex)

Figured tape would be the best way to solve the problem since I have experience using it and would be aesthetically more in-line than a patch or sewn-on piping.

Would be looking for a matte black tape ideally in a 1" thick roll

Sheets would be nice too.

Anybody have leads on sourcing seam tape?

I'm looking for some to repair a garment where the facing has started to unravel around the membrane (UC Diaplex)

Figured tape would be the best way to solve the problem since I have experience using it and would be aesthetically more in-line than a patch or sewn-on piping.

Would be looking for a matte black tape ideally in a 1" thick roll

Sheets would be nice too.

Various seam tapes:

https://www.fabricline.com/searchResults.php?a=1&keywordSearch=seam%20tape

GORE 3L seam tape:

https://www.fabricline.com/ProductDetail.php?rctno=71093

The only option for sew free adhesive is this Bemis option, but I dont know how good it is.

Bemis sew free adhesive:

https://www.fabricline.com/ProductDetail.php?rctno=70693

How much adhesive/seam tape do you need? I have some laying around my desk at the office and if you pay for shipping + PP fees I can probably send you some.

Hi all, do you guys have any specific recommendations for washing/ re-proofing technical jackets? I've been using nikwax products mostly and was just curious if people thought there are better products on the market since I've just run out.

The arcteryx care page suggests Granger's, Fibertec, and ReviveX. Thoughts?

I grabbed a pair of the Veilance Voronoi shorts since they pretty much overnight them to me here. I'm kind of underwhelmed. I mean, they look good and have some nice detailing, but their construction feels pretty rigid and the details are super subtle for what they're asking for them. Even-sizing only is a bit of a killer, as well. I've got a return order out and I guess I'll make a decision by Monday as to whether or not I'm keeping them, but just for anyone looking at a stupidly expensive pair of shorts I'd suggest only jumping if you live in Canada and can return them super easily. I'll probably jump to the new Outliers, almost a third of the price and the ability to go swimming in them sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than taped-seam water-resistant shorts, especially considering I'm about to move to the tropics.

I mean, I think there's definitely more value in a technical outfit whose purpose is spontaneously swimming than avoiding getting your upper legs wet if you live somewhere hot, humid, and surrounded by gorgeous beaches.

They're just this weird uncomfortable midpoint between overly subtle and too much money. Like, I'm willing to pay for a Veilance, but $125 less would probably make these a more reasonable buy, which right there is the price of a pair of Outliers.