Tigerprawn, as far as warmth/weight ratio, packability and dry-time goes, the arc'teryx atom and aphix series have all heavyweight fleece beat. However, if you're set on a fleece, check out the arc'teryx hyllus series, they're very cleanly designed and made with powershield o2 highloft which is crazy warm and exceptionally breathable.

I totally regret not buying the TAD shag master now that I realize I don't have a nice fleece and CA has actually dipped into 30s. Now I gotta try to hunt one down without paying a ridiculous amount.

They are great, I live in mine during the winter (and one of our cats lives on my wife's creature hoodie pretty much year round). After a while the pile does tend to matt a bit though.

Actually, most of the techwear products follow human anatomy a lot better than fashion designers...there's more than meets the eye.

agree with Brainboy. taking a general scope with the utilitarian nature of techwear it is designed for function, to be used. fashion design usually observes primarily the aesthetic, sometimes without much thought for its intended use.

as with all good design form ever follows function.

Upon reconsideration and a rereading of my post I appear to have made both a small typo and an error in thinking.

My post, if it had been correctly thought out, would have read that a great deal of techwear appeals to me because it incorporates geometric shapes while maintaining shapes that conform to human physiology and allow greater freedom of movement. Arcteryx veilance liminal pants are good examples of this combination.

they're the same fabric as the og pants. i bought them used so they don't feel as good as my others. they repel in the beginning after washes/drying, but the thigh area stops being resistant because they stretch the most. my other og's are fine. sprayed all my stuffs with it and see how they do.

Hell yes. As long as the functionality is there the design certainly is. The off center zip, contrast chest pieces, elastic at the wrists, and the dark coloring are all calling out to me.

A slightly different direction perhaps that straight up apparel, but since eyewear, specifically, corrective spectacles now form part of my daily life to function fully, are there any out there that fellow Tech-Wear aficionados wear that compliment their clothing style ?

To start I will put up a pic of me from a few years ago wearing some modded Oakley Romeos which I since sold a while ago.

The X-metal frame was rather heavy after a while so can appreciate why their were designed as a sunglass and not an 'all day' pair of spex !

(*ModsIf this is not appropriate here then delete)

Forgive the strange photobooth effect

2311194735_b62798cd5e.jpg

TEKsevenZERO

Other frames of choice are IC Berlin, Mykita and Porsche.

it's funny that you bring that up as I'm thinking the same as I in need of a new pair of spectacles.

previously had a pair of starck eyes x alain mikli alux frames and thinking of another pair of stark eyes possibly the carbon fiber biozero

I have to say I always love the hinge mechanism on th Starck/Mikli frames, wonderful design - no doubt has save many a pair from destruction.

Aesthetically though, I prefer some thing a little more tech looking.

I am hunting the Dogma 1.1 http://www.contactsa...a-1-1-2017.aspx

or Mykita Battista : http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=2560&bih=1288&tbm=isch&tbnid=isr7kDtO3cyW2M:&imgrefurl=http://eyediologyopticians.co.uk/products/Mykita-Battista-09-Glasses.html&docid=xBOFsrwsQfK9fM&imgurl=http://eyediologyopticians.co.uk/product_images/v/496/Mykita-Battista-09-61-12-angle__59824_zoom.jpg&w=1024&h=425&ei=X9f1UPTPNomg0QWT3oC4CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=83&vpy=126&dur=1304&hovh=144&hovw=349&tx=261&ty=116&sig=109248215518466377023&page=1&tbnh=131&tbnw=241&start=0&ndsp=110&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:82

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

More anime military units if we are up for it?

dw0Tm.jpg

CX27Q.jpgTpeeL.jpg

This time they are from Hellsing. Managed to make the mistake of getting the original rather than Hellsing Ultimate. Gotta fix that this week. Still, some ideas to be found. Brown closures on black body armor, elbow pads built into the garment rather than strapped on, and grey gloves worn with deep greens.

TEKsevenZero those dogma 1.1 are quite interesting, must investigate mykita further.

the hinge mechanism which is based on the ball and socket joint of a shoulder is amazing, allied with the use of aluminium makes for a very robust yet light frame.

used to have the bad habit of falling asleep wearing my spectacles, generally not a good idea, destroyed many a pair but with the stark eyes that wasn't a problem.

TEKsevenZero: Definitely look more into Porsche Design for some nice futuristic eyewear.

Northwest: Nice, but these are really just military clothes, when I think urban techwear and anime, Ghost in the shell movies comes to mind.

It's not really that hard to think of all this as Veilance or ACRNM pieces. :D

4570025246_5ae828039e.jpg?w=630

Edited by Brainboy

@ Brainboy- indeed !

I had a pair of sunglasses converted, the original lenses were interchangeable so my optician took the challenge to cut my opthalmic lens to shape in order that I could the frame - I have to say I like them even more than the sunglasses - very comfortable too and fun to know that I know of no others like them!

- Here are mine:

8386881814_d5d3537f34_c.jpg

DSC03547 by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

8386881410_dfa594618f_c.jpg

DSC03546 by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

8385794183_920e1d5506_c.jpg

DSC03545 by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

- excuse the clutter on the desktop!

- Scamster - the Dogma 1.1 are great - you might like the IC Berlin too then as they are form the same DNA !

- Scamster - the Dogma 1.1 are great - you might like the IC Berlin too then as they are form the same DNA !

The hinge design on ic berlin glasses is incredible. I've been wearing the "nameless 5" for years and love them. Definitely worth looking into if people aren't already aware.

I should have had the common sense to post that up in here. Good looking out Tigerprawn. As a cautionary note considering Outlier, their most recent email addressed the restock, new shirts, and new packages, but also mentioned prices will be going up. Now and not later is the time to buy if you are considering some Outlier. I think I may have to pick up the olive drab climbers. The charcoal climbers I have are easily my favorite pants.

Northwest, if you're into military styled design, reality has since surpassed anime. Companies like Crye Precision are producing armor packages and uniform designs that make anime stormtroopers look unimaginative.

I can certainly agree with this. I happen to watch anime in my free time and I find it fun to take a look at how they portray military units and their protective clothing. Ghost in the Shell is, of course, a beautiful example. I used to watch all my anime via streams but now that I have a part time job I've been spending my money to build a physical collection of the shows I've loved.

The hinge design on ic berlin glasses is incredible. I've been wearing the "nameless 5" for years and love them. Definitely worth looking into if people aren't already aware.

just browsing through the ic! berlin site, the inclination hinge is amazing.

sunglasses look good too.

5F7J1299_nameless_2012_black_piano_rough_black_matt_black_clear.jpg

I am just a sucker for bombers. The low collar and materials used are making this one rather appealing...l6lnx.jpg

^^^

I'm skeptical of the manufacturer's claim that the CST would be readable in the dark without a frontlight. My experience with eink ereaders is that by dusk and twilight the screen doesn't reflect enough light.

Besides, I only wear smartwatches these days...

Oh Japan. You just make me happy inside whenever I see your clothes.

LBdsBQh.jpg

Blackwatch Gore-tex. Yup. I've always loved patterned outerwear. My grail right now is easily the forest print jacket from Undercover.

dJVVwZ7.jpg

Lol?

^

Decided to give Climbers another try in a larger size. Also TAD gear just reupped some stuff on their site. I shot for the Ranger LT :).

I've had a ranger lt since they first came out, i think it's their best product. It's not very light or packable, but very good looking and prety versatile.

Also, my size 30/32 tad amphib cargo's came in and i wore them for a short hike last weekend. These will be my new go to hiking pants. Again, not as light or packable as some other options, but good looking (like you said, a straight fit, not comically baggy) and pretty damn sturdy.