Acronym.

Westbrook

On 1/29/2023 at 10:28 PM, DeadHype said:

I just got my 3a-3ts back from Bagjack, they replaced the old RACCAGNI zipper which didn’t aged well imo.

I already send it there a few years ago to get the corners reinforced which was also a pretty good upgrade since they tend to get holes over the time. 

It took about one week until it was back with me. 
Very good communication and service! 

Just wanted to share the result because I am pretty happy with the more subtile look it got and the experience with bagjack. 

This was also my first acronym piece I bought and it’s really nice to see how it is holding up and is kind of getting even better over time. I am kind of getting sentimental. 

before and after pics attached 

CE193FF8-EFD4-4F65-9124-3CEA939C29E6.jpeg

C077AE91-E320-4D59-A1AF-79C5247E79E7.jpeg

DDE6C991-F96F-4B33-A560-C55516D5574F.jpeg

you replaced functioning silver raccagni zips with black YKK zips?

On 1/25/2023 at 1:41 PM, Yan90 said:

Buyer have a ppal protection cuz he bought it via reversible website. Usually "item isn't as described" is enough reason for a refund from ppal. 

P. S. I believe the seller's account has been hacked. 

i'm currently dealing with this right now

On 1/31/2023 at 2:43 AM, DeadHype said:

@moneytalks The zipper turned golden, the Pulltabs turned copperish. They didn’t work smooth anymore and tended to open when the bag was loaded heavily.

A while back the pulltab also broke off the raccagni zipper, from my experience I can’t really understand why they are so sought after. 

I had the L2 from drop until selling it back in November.

It was my daily bag for 6 years, and I beat the shit out of it. Only issues I ever had was the zips being a little sticky till they broke in.

I preferred the patina look of the zips myself. Black and gold baby

Only sold because I picked up a 5ts for cheap. 

8 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I had the L2 from drop until selling it back in November.

It was my daily bag for 6 years, and I beat the shit out of it. Only issues I ever had was the zips being a little sticky till they broke in.

I preferred the patina look of the zips myself. Black and gold baby

Only sold because I picked up a 5ts for cheap. 

I first tried to sell mine too, nobody  wanted it so I took a little more care of it.
Which lead to a bag I can really enjoy again. This will for sure hold another 5+ years, probably more. It’s really amazing to see how long the bag actually last, even after heavy usage, I’ve been carrying power tools, electronics, toys, paperwork, food and everything in between with it.
It’s a really good bag. 

Nice to hear your had no problems with the zippers and also that you liked the look, I absolutely see fits where the colours blend in as they are. 
It’s just a matter of personal preference and style. 

The 5ts is also nice, I got the 6ts for trips and pick ups/ deliveries. By now I got another four really used bags in total, next I will ship a L1 3a1 and a limonta 3a-3ts to bagjack to get them fixed. The L1 is completely peeled and got a few holes, the limonta got the corner issue. This year I plan to get all my bags checked and repaired as the experience with the first bag was so good. 

You got some pictures of the state of your bag when you sold it? 

On 2/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, karakum said:

Does anyone know what kind of fabric constituted -CH in FW1213? I know they switched it up a few times throughout the years since then.

It's been a couple of things around that time, all from Schoeller's "Shape" family of lifestyle oriented performance textiles. The melange CH was a nylon/cotton/spandex blend, the later night/black CH was a modacrylic blend, and there was a laminated cotton/polyester mesh version of the P9 and P11. 

In my experience DS isn't the greatest if you're living in a region that experiences wet fall/winter seasons. Once the DWR capitulates it gets soggy and droppy pretty quickly until it fully dries again.

If it's just cold DS is really nice, holds warmth pretty well and if it's extra cold laying some long underpants will make you nuce and toasty.

2 hours ago, karakum said:

In my experience DS isn't the greatest if you're living in a region that experiences wet fall/winter seasons. Once the DWR capitulates it gets soggy and droppy pretty quickly until it fully dries again.

If it's just cold DS is really nice, holds warmth pretty well and if it's extra cold laying some long underpants will make you nuce and toasty.

I live in the UK and wear DS pants out everytime it rains, which is all the time. Even if it gets soggy and droopy, it dries out really quickly as you keep moving. 

If you prioritize abrasion resistance and don’t mind the added noise, I would suggest E. If you prefer a softer, quieter, and more fabric-like pant, I would suggest DS. E is more light shell/ DS is more soft shell. I would say they are similar in terms of temp/weather capability with E being slightly cooler to the touch initially (due to it’s more shell like properties).

10 minutes ago, technotechbro said:

Has anyone in the US had to pay customs/import fees on purchases from ms? I previously bought a pair of P10A-Es and didn’t have any problems, but UPS just hit me with a $441 customs bill on my J29…

Anything over 800 USD you will have to pay customs. You probably got the p10a-e when the euro was a bit weaker.

1 hour ago, technotechbro said:

Has anyone in the US had to pay customs/import fees on purchases from ms? I previously bought a pair of P10A-Es and didn’t have any problems, but UPS just hit me with a $441 customs bill on my J29…

I'm in Cali and my customs bill on my J29 was no where near that amount!

Hi Arc lovers,

I Need some help, trying to buy my first Acronym pant. 

I am 1,90m with a waist 40/41cm

Is the p41 a pant to go for length instead of waist?

When I would go for length it would be xl, if I would go for waist it would be xs/s but way too short. 

The other pant I really like is the p31

I watched some YouTube videos and it looks like a p31 in large/xl would work. (You probably know these Antwon videos, he’s build like me. 
The pant in xl looks good on him, so this would be worth a try. 

But I am open for any help/suggestion finding the right pant.

kind regards 

kilian

21 minutes ago, thehumanreisberg said:

Hi Arc lovers,

I Need some help, trying to buy my first Acronym pant. 

I am 1,90m with a waist 40/41cm

Is the p41 a pant to go for length instead of waist?

When I would go for length it would be xl, if I would go for waist it would be xs/s but way too short. 

The other pant I really like is the p31

I watched some YouTube videos and it looks like a p31 in large/xl would work. (You probably know these Antwon videos, he’s build like me. 
The pant in xl looks good on him, so this would be worth a try. 

But I am open for any help/suggestion finding the right pant.

kind regards 

kilian

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/acronym/khaki-p41-ds-cargo-pants/13419631 

If you don't want to look like this guy, size for length.  Either of those 2 pants will still have a larger waist. 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, DeadHype said:

Would you guys recommend e or ds for the p30? 
How is it to wear the e Version around the year? I already read it’s more durable in case of waterproofness…

I am not sure which version will be a better all year pants. 

As an all year pant, I prefer the -E because it's more comfortable in warmer temps and fairly weather-proof in colder seasons. Encapsulated Nylon also has just an ease of mind to it because it's extremely durable and I never worry about it when wearing or washing. Yeah, P30A-E is a noisy pant but you'll get used to it, and in my opinion it drapes and looks better than the -DS versions. Whichever variant you get I'm sure you'll be happy with, though because both fabrics are great

Edited by hanzen1138