Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Yes like years ago on the 2.0, not the 2.2 or the latest version which was why I used "being made" since those have been made and are sold out. 

Why don't you ask E yourself since he's going to be the only one that could answer your question.

Also, "years ago" is nothing in terms of time. Acronym has been around for 20+ years now. I would love to see the LJ-2 make a comeback, or Limonta fabric being used again, but I doubt it will happen. If it does, great! If not, it won't stop by from buying future pieces. If you want a stotz jacket, you'll find plenty in decent condition in the acronym sales thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, analog29 said:

Why don't you ask E yourself since he's going to be the only one that could answer your question.

Also, "years ago" is nothing in terms of time. Acronym has been around for 20+ years now. I would love to see the LJ-2 make a comeback, or Limonta fabric being used again, but I doubt it will happen. If it does, great! If not, it won't stop by from buying future pieces. If you want a stotz jacket, you'll find plenty in decent condition in the acronym sales thread. 

1) it's a rhetorical question. I am saying a stotz j1a 2.2/4 would be a great idea

2) good luck finding a J1-S in decent condition that isn't marked up to hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I see this I don’t even bother clicking the thread any more lol

 

32CB30CF-3510-4191-BED0-92F3833F303F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Whenever I see this I don’t even bother clicking the thread any more lol

Account -> ignored users -> add to ignore list 

cmon dom dont be like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

Account -> ignored users -> add to ignore list 

cmon dom dont be like that

At least the other Q had a relatively interesting story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many other brand forums, etc.. this person is on complaining about price and essentially declaring how much better they could do it themselves...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Genuine question: Is there no neg-rep limit on sufu that would see to someone being banned?

Edited by robbatussin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

Genuine question: Is there no neg-rep limit on sufu that would see to someone being banned?

Nah, there’s peeps in here that go way back with way higher neg rep than that fecal for brains that keeps yelling into the ether

It’s my understanding that rep points used to be awarded based on the rep points of the person giving rep to the other person, if that makes sense? Which is why you see some peeps from the before times with six digit reps lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Genuine question: Is there no neg-rep limit on sufu that would see to someone being banned?

why would negrep ever lead to a ban if people can negrep for no reason whatsoever? If someone made an infraction of the rules they can report said post. If they found someone annoying or what not they can ignore that user. 

4 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

fecal for brains that keeps yelling into the ether

lol you couldn't hold yourself back from typing another insult... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Edited by FelixRevolt
Added items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Good luck dude. From everything I’ve heard/understand Brexit has completely fucked import fees from EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Damn, that's really sucks. I'm in the UK but I've started sending my Acronym orders to an address within EU cause I don't know what the Brexit import taxes are gonna be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, msoldano said:

Wow I would refuse that package in a heartbeat 

That’s a great way to get on ACR’s Shit List

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know it totally sucks.

5 minutes ago, msoldano said:

I would refuse that package

This was my next thought, as people have mentioned how big the waist is, they may not fit me. But I’m unsure of what that entails. Ask for a refund from Acronym?

Edited by FelixRevolt
Spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

acrnm will refund you the retail price but getting back the tax money from the broker is going to be a pain in the ass and take a long time, if it's anything like the US :(

edit: oh you mean if you refuse the package. I don't know! Email them, I'd be curious to hear

Edited by eidolarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I know it totally sucks.

This was my next thought, as people have mentioned how big the waist is, they may not fit me. But I’m unsure of what that entails. Ask for a refund from Acronym?

The guidance is conflicted, but as I currently understand things - if you accept the package and then send it back, you are still liable for the original charges. Worth double checking if you decide to go that route...

edit: Maybe you could re-route it to someone you know in the EU who can try and proxy it? 

Edited by mikon_nikon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I know it totally sucks.

This was my next thought, as people have mentioned how big the waist is, they may not fit me. But I’m unsure of what that entails. Ask for a refund from Acronym?

If you ordered a small or medium you can probably recover the cost for the P38-E by selling it, don't think anyone would blame you for selling "over" retail to get the fees back.  The GT you may be stuck with since there isn't as much insane demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that’s good thinking @mikon_nikon I should have maybe thought about doing that. I’m not switched on to these kinda things. 
Unfortunately as it stands at the moment, my order is in the UK at a UPS depot. I didn’t want to just pay the HUGE import fee without asking the crew here. I’ve sent an email to Acronym for their advice. And also an email to UPS customs if there is any flexibility in the fee.

New job opportunity Acronym Mule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in the eu and just got something from the UK today. had to pay the full 20% import fee, so yeah, seems like brexit fuckery has come into effect. 800 does seem high though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

Yeah that’s good thinking @mikon_nikon I should have maybe thought about doing that. I’m not switched on to these kinda things. 
Unfortunately as it stands at the moment, my order is in the UK at a UPS depot. I didn’t want to just pay the HUGE import fee without asking the crew here. I’ve sent an email to Acronym for their advice. And also an email to UPS customs if there is any flexibility in the fee.

New job opportunity Acronym Mule.

If you do return it please let us know haha waiting for the P38-E returns restock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

If possible I would double check with UPS what invoice info was provided with the shipment for customs purposes. I had an order last fall that I got charged an extra $250 or so because Acronym apparently included a second invoice page with some other random order (2 J68-PLs) ... still waiting for my refund 5 months after submitting my dispute with UPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

That’s a great way to get on ACR’s Shit List

So you’d pay the extra $1,115 ? I doubt if he refuses and orders stuff in the future they’ll be like WAITTTTT don’t send that guy anything !!!! >:( That’s just way too much on top of an already exorbitant price for two pairs of pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, msoldano said:

So you’d pay the extra $1,115 ? I doubt if he refuses and orders stuff in the future they’ll be like WAITTTTT don’t send that guy anything !!!! >:( That’s just way too much on top of an already exorbitant price for two pairs of pants. 

We’re running under the assumption that this isn’t a case of ACR using improper codes, as they did in the past (I also don’t understand what the price of the pants has to do with any of this?), they’ve been on point with the proper codes for the last 1.5 years ime. This is an issue with the UK and EU not playing well with eachother after brexit. ACR is a small company and may well flag an account that refused receipt of an item and potentially caused a headache for them. I’ve seen E ban peeps before for other shit. It’s also kind of shit to put the onus on them to deal with this before checking the import fees situation beforehand. Or just sucking it up and reselling. 
 

edit: not trying to throw any shade your way btw @FelixRevolt

Edited by brainerd666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

We’re running under the assumption that this isn’t a case of ACR using improper codes, as they did in the past (I also don’t understand what the price of the pants has to do with any of this?), they’ve been on point with the proper codes for the last 1.5 years ime. This is an issue with the UK and EU not playing well with eachother after brexit. ACR is a small company and may well flag an account that refused receipt of an item and potentially caused a headache for them. I’ve seen E ban peeps before for other shit. It’s also kind of shit to put the onus on them to deal with this before checking the import fees situation beforehand. Or just sucking it up and reselling. 
 

edit: not trying to throw any shade your way btw @FelixRevolt

The price of the pants is directly related to the import charge as it is a percentile of the total price. And if I’m spending $3500+ or whatever the price of them two together is and then asked to pay another $1115 I’m refusing delivery. It really doesn’t matter to me personally in any way the repercussions of refusal. Like I asked you before, you paying that ? No ones researching tariff codes or the impact of brexit while feverishly trying to check out and secure something that’s not going to sit. If homie refuses he’ll be fine. 
I’ve seen other folks refuse for import charge related reasons. They take returns which is just as much of a “headache” for them because that’s what clothing companies do. It’s more of a headache for me to pay another 1000+ $ for something that’s already a lot of money. 

Edited by msoldano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol ACR is not going to flag someone because it happened once. Maybe if FelixRevolt does it multiple times then yes he'll probably get flagged. But having known the tariff prices the chances of him buying again are zero anyway so this is a non-issue. Speaking of yelling into the ether...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Sorry stupid question but to clarify, this is definitely import duty they are claiming and not them getting the VAT back from you that acronym deducted at checkout?

Edited by RemarkableArmor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for talking about this boring subject, but the fee is a lot of monies. Hopefully having a little more patience will pay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah no stupid questions, I feel the stupid one. 
Government charges - £793.01

Brokerage Charges- £19.83

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now