Westbrook

Acronym.

15 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Any suggestion for an additional strap to achieve 3-point stabilisation for a 3a-3ts? It keeps swinging around when I'm cycling.

email bagjack. they can make one and ship for about 70usd. I got one made, but it didn't get misdelivered/stolen last August due to them not sending me tracking and it disappearing. Thank you for reminding me to contact them about the investigation.

~Lefty

2 hours ago, LeftyJeenyus said:

email bagjack. they can make one and ship for about 70usd. I got one made, but it didn't get misdelivered/stolen last August due to them not sending me tracking and it disappearing. Thank you for reminding me to contact them about the investigation.

~Lefty

do you have a picture of what it might look like? 

7 hours ago, Orientalq said:

I looked up what the 3A-9TS looks like and YIKES does that look awful to actually carry loads. When is E going to release the backpack shown in the GTKP photoshoots? At least with the 5/6TS you can use the stabilizer as a backpack strap. The whole ACR "no compromise design" is really compromising on real comfort at least when it comes to the bigger bag lineup...

Naw, 9TS is my favorite acrnm bag I've ever owned. I'd easily re-up if ever released again. Versatility and practicality is unparalleled.

Edited by robbatussin

2 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Naw, 9TS is my favorite acrnm bag I've ever owned. I'd easily re-up if ever released again. Versatility and practicality is unparalleled.

I have to agree. 9TS closely followed by 7TS. doesn't get any better.

13 hours ago, Orientalq said:

I looked up what the 3A-9TS looks like and YIKES does that look awful to actually carry loads. When is E going to release the backpack shown in the GTKP photoshoots? At least with the 5/6TS you can use the stabilizer as a backpack strap. The whole ACR "no compromise design" is really compromising on real comfort at least when it comes to the bigger bag lineup...

jpeg.reviews

You can ask Bagjack if these work @hentaiyarou69

https://www.bagjackshop.com/en/classics/modules-supplies/outer-modules/3-point-strap-system-black_1651_1863

4 hours ago, mikon_nikon said:

I have to agree. 9TS closely followed by 7TS. doesn't get any better.

I’ve been looking for this one for a bit. Seems like all I’ve been looking for in an all season tote bag. 

35 minutes ago, wexler said:

Thanks guys!

I was checking out the above but I don't wanna replace the whole strap system, but hoping to get just a single strap for add-on. I'll email Bagjack. I've had them customized mods for me before but wasn't aware that they can also make custom straps as well, according to Lefty above.

9 hours ago, robbatussin said:

How much of a load do you carry normally? A laptop, books, camera? I've just had a bad time with messengers that load weight on one shoulder. As a note I typically carry a Full frame mirrorless camera and two prime lenses (or another zoom lens if it's for work), as well as a Surface Pro 6 Tablet and 30oz flask. Running around with it for a day will leave me sore for a week.  Fixed it by getting a backpack. 

7 hours ago, mikon_nikon said:

7TS

Well yeah its a backpack.

Edited by Orientalq

I think Orbit Gear sells just the stabilizer strap on occasion. You can definitely pick up a full 3 point sling for minimal $$.

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

How much of a load do you carry normally? A laptop, books, camera? I've just had a bad time with messengers that load weight on one shoulder. As a note I typically carry a Full frame mirrorless camera and two prime lenses (or another zoom lens if it's for work), as well as a Surface Pro 6 Tablet and 30oz flask. Running around with it for a day will leave me sore for a week.  Fixed it by getting a backpack.

There was a time when I was maxing out with two laptops (Thinkpad 14", MBP 13") in the (detachable) vertical pockets, a Canon 5D mkII, a single 24-70mm lens, and some misc items. 

Handle straps are long enough that you can swing the bag to your backside and keep it there, rather than hold it to your side like you would a typical tote. To fix in this position, you can undo one end of the stabilizer strap and loop around the handles and buckle (E demonstrates this in a release video). OR you can lengthen the stabilizer strap in it's 'stationary' location to match the length of the handles, flip the bag on its side and use as a backpack. Of course, not a true replacement for a backpack, but it functions as one when I need it to.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:04 AM, BruceLeroy said:

Last spring was the first time I tried to be ready for a drop, but I was late and missed out on some pieces I wanted. Trying to avoid that again.

Should we be expecting the SS21 mothersite drop soon? Excuse the question/ignorance if it’s taboo. 

I’ve been looking through Instagram posts from previous years to try to figure it out, but it seems like drops can range from end of January all the way to April. Makes it pretty difficult to plan, especially if there are surprise drops.

4 hours ago, robbatussin said:

There was a time when I was maxing out with two laptops (Thinkpad 14", MBP 13") in the (detachable) vertical pockets, a Canon 5D mkII, a single 24-70mm lens, and some misc items. 

Handle straps are long enough that you can swing the bag to your backside and keep it there, rather than hold it to your side like you would a typical tote. To fix in this position, you can undo one end of the stabilizer strap and loop around the handles and buckle (E demonstrates this in a release video). OR you can lengthen the stabilizer strap in it's 'stationary' location to match the length of the handles, flip the bag on its side and use as a backpack. Of course, not a true replacement for a backpack, but it functions as one when I need it to.

So like the 5/7/11/13TS they use a primary three-point mounting system which can also be used as a (unstable and less comfortable) backpack. However, the 9TS has much thinner straps and thus a worse fit on a shoulder for extended periods (it concentrates the load on one point vs a wide spread). In exchange for that weakness, you get a more stable tote using more flexible straps... the use case of which is (for me) not worth the loss of comfort. That said, I still don't believe it's any better in this position (in fact, worse than its 5/7/11/13TS counterparts):

image.png.9cd7a7fbe629492205dc8940dd293727.png

It still puts a huge weight on one shoulder which cannot be sustainable bar a light load.

How long were you able to sustain your max-load? Car -> Campus? Airport? Also sorry if I'm coming off the wrong way, I've tried hard to justify my messenger (which was three point and functioned in the same way as the ACR heavy messengers).

I hate the term "hack" for clothing but that's a great idea!

Also @Orientalq you do know the 9ts is marketed as a tote first correct? It just has messenger bag option if needed. 

Edited by AvantSol

54 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

you do know the 9ts is marketed as a tote first correct?

except when it's hailed as being "as good as it gets", even compared to 7TS which wholly outclasses it due to being a backpack. And the messenger bag option is also the only way E wears it in the demo video. Far from "just an option". If you want to carry two laptops and a DSLR, like robbatussin, then the side-tote position is far from feasible compared to messenger position and even further from the ideal.

Why wouldn't he show off a function you don't normally see on a tote bag? Bruh, you're complaining about an overpriced grocery bag lol. And yes a backpack is better for carrying loads than totes, also the sky is blue.

@Orientalq will you shut up man

lol ok do that

36 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Why wouldn't he show off a function you don't normally see on a tote bag? Bruh, you're complaining about an overpriced grocery bag lol. And yes a backpack is better for carrying loads than totes, also the sky is blue.

You call it a grocery bag? Who's misinformed here? Sure isn't me. 

1 minute ago, moneytalks said:

lol ok do that

I meant that you should walk away from the screen if you don't know how to block people/can't stand people you don't agree with but ok I will do that too

53 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

You call it a grocery bag? Who's misinformed here? Sure isn't me

Ok, go off king. 

20210203_220434.jpg

46 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Ok, go off king. 

Yes, look at the zippered dividers and laptop compartment of the bag and tell me it's for groceries. Unless you're planning on shoplifting an Apple Store anytime soon, I'd advise against it. 

26 minutes ago, mikon_nikon said:

Remember how it worked last time - ignore and then it stops. 

9 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Yeah, honestly I don't know why I bother.

I don't see why you guys don't block me if you're not interested in discourse. You can throw negreps at me all you want but it's probably better for your psychological health if you muted me instead. 

Who needs a grocery bag when you have DEEP pockets? You know how many bananas you can stash in them bad boys?

10 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

A couple years ago I came up with simple hack that stabilizes your 3rdArm (1/3TS) messenger bag when cycling without the need for purchasing an extra stabilization strap. All that's required is a carabiner.

You're always posting about these hacks, and it's very much appreciated. :D 

Very ingenius, thanks for posting!

13 hours ago, beepy said:

Who needs a grocery bag when you have DEEP pockets? You know how many bananas you can stash in them bad boys?

deep pockets for the bananas, cargos for the nut butter :)

IMG_8337.thumb.jpeg.b42829139ffc904ffe2102680dc5f3d3.jpeg