Westbrook

Acronym.

4 minutes ago, dvp said:

Will 6203.43 Men's Or Boys' Trousers, Bib And Brace Overalls, Breeches And Shorts Of Synthetic Fibers, Not Knitted Or Crocheted work for DS shorts? 

Even without water resistant?  I could not find one with water resistant. 

what would the rate be for that compared to 6203.43.0300

35 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

what would the rate be for that compared to 6203.43.0300

I think it's the same.  I believe 6203.43.0300 does not apply to DS shorts but unsure. 

9 hours ago, segue said:

just got the j72-ds and i love the piece.  modern take on kimono.  extra comfy and helps to elevate the look of your wardrobe

222.jpg

111.jpg

What size you normally wear and what size you take for J72? It looks short on you tho.

Tie your shoes @segue!!! Fits on point imo. Shorts are probably playing w how the length looks.

10 hours ago, darkart said:

What size you normally wear and what size you take for J72? It looks short on you tho.

I wear small in everything. It’s likely the elongated shirt 

What makes the J72 an acronym jacket? It looks like some enfin leve with crossbody jacketsling (instead of two straps) or some 2016 GG item. The AUXZIP imo ruins the simplicity of the jacket and it also lacks the sleeve loops to be fully (correct me if I am wrong) compatible liner jacket.

I just hope it did not sell out just because it was the cheapest thing. 

1 hour ago, danii said:

What makes the J72 an acronym jacket? It looks like some enfin leve with crossbody jacketsling (instead of two straps) or some 2016 GG item. The AUXZIP imo ruins the simplicity of the jacket and it also lacks the sleeve loops to be fully (correct me if I am wrong) compatible liner jacket.

I just hope it did not sell out just because it was the cheapest thing. 

The DS version of the J72 really is just a shirt (LA), but as we will see later this year Erlsn has another take on the jacket with slight modifications. IMHO, the biggest disappointment of the J72-DS is the use of shirt sling over jacket sling. Since its a "jacket" by Acronym's definition, they could've easily improved it by throwing on the typical jacket sling, or even a sling design akin to the one on S21-DS. Overall, this is a very versatile and long-overdue layering/standalone piece

Edited by yankees19032002

2 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

acrnm.com down for everyone?

Won’t load for me either. 

Either taking the weekend off to test some things or fixing all the typos haha

I think the pricing errors might be being adressed.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

So, not €1500 for shorts?

On 7/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, pompadork said:

Cm2SZ25.jpg

smh

On 7/23/2018 at 11:25 PM, exhaust fumes said:

Never thought he'd actually go that deep, but fucking ugh.

Is drop crotch controversial here? You don't like the functionality (it's not necessary?) or the aesthetic ― or both?

12 minutes ago, SuE said:

Is drop crotch controversial here? You don't like the functionality (it's not necessary?) or the aesthetic ― or both?

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want.

It's the practice knife/brass knuckles/push dagger in the molle straps that really make it extremely embarrassing to me.

I am not actually a bad ass ninja who kills people for a living. I am someone who paid over 1000 euros for a pair of shorts that you can attach pockets to the belt.

It reminds me of this Onion article:

Man Struggling To Pierce Orange Peel With Fingernail Under Impression He Could Kill If He Had To

Edited by exhaust fumes

I figured it was a bit of meta joke on E’s part myself. But wtf do I know?

3 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want

If for my part am still struggling to understand how you'd access your traditional trouser pockets in the quoted setup, with the slit being in the front and all.

And why there is mesh material on the outside of an otherwise perfectly good, weatherproof jacket (pocket).

But The Photostrecke is amazing on said pants.

Edited by hjpx

4 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

The shorts are fine, if a bit diaper-y + dorky in the same way a cell phone holster on an office drone's belt is. Sure. Do what you want.

It's the practice knife/brass knuckles/push dagger in the molle straps that really make it extremely embarrassing to me.

I am not actually a bad ass ninja who kills people for a living. I am someone who paid over 1000 euros for a pair of shorts that you can attach pockets to the belt.

It reminds me of this Onion article:

Man Struggling To Pierce Orange Peel With Fingernail Under Impression He Could Kill If He Had To

It looks like a fucking utilikilt. 

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I figured it was a bit of meta joke on E’s part myself. But wtf do I know?

the joke is on whoever paid €1500 for a pair.

49 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

It looks like a fucking utilikilt. 

That too.

The downfall started with the advent of the nike collab really didn't it?

Would never expect acronym would get on that level of cringey.

noob question: how does escape zip work?

what is aux zip?

how does speedlock work?

SP28 is quite a pair of shorts.  The fit is amazing.

10 hours ago, SuE said:

See any outdoor/military/pure-function brands adopting drop crotch designs?

4 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

The downfall started with the advent of the nike collab really didn't it?

Correlation does not equal causation, but i would not be surprised to find that the influx of money from the Nike contract is what allowed a certain freedom to engage in more ‘whimsical’ looks.

17 hours ago, SuE said:

I think it comes across as a bit corny (the brass knuckles and other stuff) because a lot of the 'urban techwear' fit pic posters have gone totally overboard and post themselves with photoshopped Gray Fox masks and katanas and shit. Not really blaming acronym since maybe it's just E styling how he likes without caring whether or not others have taken it to a laughable extreme but it does seem to play into the joke of the aesthetic a bit too much. 

Edited by pompadork

Guilty for dropcrotching my pats I am.

It's caused because I grew up skating in the 90s and no matter how hard I try I cannot wear my pants in the waist area. So I wear the waist of the pants on the hips, which is obviousy bigger then waist so I need to size up and I am quite short which results in stacked calves and drop crotch.

regarding drop crotch in military: (why only military?)

01. aikido hakama pants can qualify as dropcrotch pants

02. nikapokka pants are tradiional workwear pants / worn in WWII too

03. thaibox shorts are pretty dropcrotch

(not trying to justify it, just saying everyone it's own, and you can see from the action shots that you can move freely in those)

yes nike is the evil that ruined it