Westbrook

Acronym.

3 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Is it possible to see past sales on Grailed? I'd like to see what prices I should expect to pay outside of sufu.

Yes, on any listing in Grailed there's a Price Comparison in the upper right corner that pulls similar items...

3 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Is it possible to see past sales on Grailed? I'd like to see what prices I should expect to pay outside of sufu.

Yeah, you can either use this link here: https://www.grailed.com/sold/lVF2TccENw

Or open up any acronym item, and hit Price Comparison then modify the filters to show everything and use the search to find whatever it is you're looking for

17 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

How does one get on this list?

:ph34r:

I'll be making an announcement before FW17 drop. 

For the record, you're already in it for helping out the community.

30 minutes ago, vir2L said:

I'll be making an announcement before FW17 drop. 

pls start applications now, i'd love to apply!

11 hours ago, chris_n said:

Ppl who are actually wearing their j1ts and not trying to resell:

what do you use the sleeve pockets for? 

I haven't personally found any good uses for myself yet since it puts my arms in an awkward position in order to access those pockets however the left pocket seems best for things that you want to keep dry (i.e cigarettes??) 

27 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

I haven't personally found any good uses for myself yet since it puts my arms in an awkward position in order to access those pockets however the left pocket seems best for things that you want to keep dry (i.e cigarettes??) 

Something tells me we'll receive an Acronymjutsu tutorial soon enough.

On 4/5/2017 at 4:36 PM, vir2L said:

For the most part, yes. Europe is usually cheaper if buying from US even after customs (make sure to have it marked down by claiming correct garment code). But even in the US, it depends on retailer.

Worst retailer? Kith. Second worst? Union, especially if you live in Cali. 

Best? Bureaubelfast

Just curious, why is Union second worst? Just ordered from them for the first time yesterday & I remembered seeing this post & got worried.

Okay, I was thinking along the lines of bad customer service. I ordered a L J61 from Bodega & XL from Union, will be returning whichever doesn't fit better. Both were about the same price.

I was extremely impressed with 18montrose, I'm in southern california, I ordered a J48 on Monday and was wearing it on Wednesday. Plus no additional tax or shipping.

3 minutes ago, capnpyro said:

I was extremely impressed with 18montrose, I'm in southern california, I ordered a J48 on Monday and was wearing it on Wednesday. Plus no additional tax or shipping.

Curious to know if they remove the VAT at checkout?

the listed price included VAT. on the site it was 479, which included 79 in VAT i believe. the price when converted to USD was the same as everywhere else (except bureau belfast who somehow is 79 cheaper for non EU customers)

Union was initially in store + online drop but then they realized they needed to backdoor items so they changed it to online only  

edit- you wondering can why Union didn't have a small J1TS-S when their site went live? It's because an employee had already listed it on Grailed the night before their  Thursday release (that jacket is still listed btw). SUS

anyway, friends in LA who missed out on the butchered Union drop .. COMMISSARY in Costa Mesa will very likely be the last retailer to receive stock for this season. IN STORE today.. online tomorrow

https://commissarystores.com

p limited stock (no P25, no dual tone J1TS)

Edited by austinalamualaykum

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

Curious to know if they remove the VAT at checkout?

Nope. And I asked them about this. Their response was "Regarding your query on VAT, we do not reduce the pricing for orders outside the EU."

If you order from 18 Montrose and you live outside the EU, you're paying too much.

^ Was checking P24 prices earlier today and still found them totally comparable w/ other stateside retailers (ex. Bodega, everyone is ranging between $700-750USD). Refusing to deduct the VAT for non-EU export is still a bitch move tho.

w/o VAT, they'd be @ $615, which would beat everyone but Bodega. FWIW, I ended up ordering from 18Montrose w/ the idea that I'd 'discuss' when they open up on Monday...

14 hours ago, chris_n said:

Ppl who are actually wearing their j1ts and not trying to resell:

what do you use the sleeve pockets for? 

diapers

3 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

^ Was checking P24 prices earlier today and still found them totally comparable w/ other stateside retailers (ex. Bodega, everyone is ranging between $700-750USD). Refusing to deduct the VAT for non-EU export is still a bitch move tho.

w/o VAT, they'd be @ $615, which would beat everyone but Bodega. FWIW, I ended up ordering from 18Montrose w/ the idea that I'd 'discuss' when they open up on Monday...

To complete their statement on VAT they added this "For your reference, this is a matter we are looking into but our current website build does not have a function for it."

If anyone is in NYC, Kith still has a black J1ts-S in size M along with some p10a's. There's also a duo tone in the display case in (I think) a size M. The j1ts-S is definitely more expensive than from other retailers ($1450).

31 minutes ago, Voyager said:

"For your reference, this is a matter we are looking into but our current website build does not have a function for it."

I don't know enough about e-commerce platforms to say whether that's BS or not - but nothing should keep them from refunding the VAT amount to the VISA/PayPal account.

Are we sure that 18montrose charges VAT for non-EU customers by including it in the price of the item? The J1TS-S I ordered from them has a price tag of 1,065.00. The invoice lists "Tax 177.50", but the Total is still 1,065.00. So either VAT is not collected at all or it's included in the price of the item?

Anyone have conclusive evidence and not just speculation?

Okay, so their Terms & Conditions mention VAT twice:

"Prices are inclusive of VAT."

"All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system."

Is it legal for a retailer to charge and collect VAT and keep it for themselves since the sale was not subject to VAT and will not be collected by any country as taxes?

Edited by goodtimeshaxor

24 minutes ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Is it legal

Asks the person w/ 'Arbitrage' as their occupation :)

Obv. plenty of regulatory agencies play a role here, but, realistically, where are you going to turn as a consumer? Simplest solution is to vote w/ your wallet (cancel order / return if they refuse)...

As far as I was concerned, their price is still totally competitive w/ most of the other retailers, inclusive of VAT.

19 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Asks the person w/ 'Arbitrage' as their occupation :)

Obv. plenty of regulatory agencies play a role here, but, realistically, where are you going to turn as a consumer? Simplest solution is to vote w/ your wallet (cancel order / return if they refuse)...

As far as I was concerned, their price is still totally competitive w/ most of the other retailers, inclusive of VAT.

You can report them to HM Revenue but that's snitching. 

:D

as far as i know, you can't actually get a win-win on not being hit by taxes upon import (via marked down parcel value) AND have the retailer refund VAT.

as they have already paid VAT during import, for them to get a VAT refund on their end after the sale, they need to produce shipping documents proving the respective marked value and with an address outside the EU.

capnpyro mentioned that he wasn't hit with taxes upon import, which i guess means the parcel's value was marked down. wouldn't be possible for them to get a VAT refund in that case.

above info was told to me by a friend who used to work in a store in the EU.

Not asking for value to me marked down - just for VAT to be excluded from non-EU sale, which is absolutely done by other UK/EU retailers (Hanon, Firmament, etc.)

Now, if the item is subject to US Duty/Customs upon import to the buyer, then that's fine and fair (and how the larger system is supposed to work itself out). P24's fall below the new $800 threshold, however - so absolutely should be win-win for said buyer (me).

Not my problem or responsibility to address the retailer process for getting VAT refunded on their end. That's what mark-up and overhead covers...

I am just glad everyone isn't just paying these retailers without questioning their international sale process. Some retailers are great, others, not so much.

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Nope. And I asked them about this. Their response was "Regarding your query on VAT, we do not reduce the pricing for orders outside the EU."

If you order from 18 Montrose and you live outside the EU, you're paying too much.

SMH.  Thanks for the info.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:52 AM, hjpx said:

And you can't really buy a jacket just because it has beautiful seams, can you. But definately an absolute luxury purchase.

Sure you can :)

I'm enjoying my j46-ws and it's pretty plain, especially since I prefer to tuck the outer pocket flaps in.

BTW, what are my fellow j46 owners using those two low zippered pockets on the sides for? 

30 minutes ago, spladow said:

Sure you can :)

I'm enjoying my j46-ws and it's pretty plain, especially since I prefer to tuck the outer pocket flaps in.

BTW, what are my fellow j46 owners using those two low zippered pockets on the sides for? 

Gloves.  I stashed my Cav Empt pair, separately, in each pocket for quick access to them when required.

5 hours ago, goodtimeshaxor said:

Are we sure that 18montrose charges VAT for non-EU customers by including it in the price of the item? The J1TS-S I ordered from them has a price tag of 1,065.00. The invoice lists "Tax 177.50", but the Total is still 1,065.00. So either VAT is not collected at all or it's included in the price of the item?

Anyone have conclusive evidence and not just speculation?

Okay, so their Terms & Conditions mention VAT twice:

Is it legal for a retailer to charge and collect VAT and keep it for themselves since the sale was not subject to VAT and will not be collected by any country as taxes?

ive contacted them about vat in the past but they just ignored me. -_-