Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, AggaCityGang said:

It's actually a very conveniant and fast way to close your collar with one hand with a button. (2 in case of the 120) It closes pretty well because the top of the front part covers the other one from above.

I can understand if you find it visually not appealing since a flap is kind of sticking out and it doesn't look very clean, but it is very functional, and I use it all the time on the 28. It's not just a "lazy way to cover the zipper". I don't even think that is what it is meant to do at al, especially considering the 120 doesn't have the top zip anymore. Which is a good call I think, I never use it on te 28, it's kind of useless and in the way. It also leaves a small hole in the throat area which I thought would be an issue, but it hasn't been. Still removing the top zip and second might have fixt that all together, so looks like that collar is an improvement.

The part I don't really like visually is that the main zipper with pull doesn't really fit under the small flap its under, so it will always stick out. I gues that makes it more accessible, but it's not very good looking imo. Still really love the 28 1.4 tho, think people really sleeping on it.

hahah Yeah "flap to hide the zipper" was not the most eloquent way of phrasing what I meant but I find that flap jarringly unsleek. Do you like this collar more than older versions of the J28?

Reminder if you are looking to purchase the sacai bomber, highly suggest you to thorough check the authenticity of the jacket. There is an abundance of fake ones with tempting prices out there. A good starting point would be to check out the grid pattern on the size label gt backer (even though its not a gt jacket). Fakes one are very visibly grid-like and fonts are printed very clear and stiff on the label.

Fake:

image.png.02595293f2b9cc194a52a19a16296749.png

Real:

image.thumb.png.a74736c21ca36a0c6d9299da73b04328.png

Edited by yankees19032002

On 7/22/2023 at 8:16 AM, jzhu61 said:

Guys, any idea what are these boots Lenny wearing? Cheers!

I don't know what exactly this model is but it looks like Cinzia Araia boots from 2014-15 seasons.

Similar to this one: https://www.vestiairecollective.com/men-shoes/boots/cinzia-araia/black-leather-cinzia-araia-boots-19318889.shtml

Edited by unmen

14 hours ago, ukiro said:

With M looking absolutely painted onto Errolson, should I assume he’s bigger than ever or that us L folks should eye XL?

As a regular L, I've been going XL for the past few seasons. Works for me as I'm not sure if I could have fit into the recent LA10-PX if I hadn't.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:36 PM, sumant28 said:

Also how are they as swimming trunks given the mesh pockets

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I just wrapped up a trip to the beach and decided to use said travel plans as an excuse to purchase a pair of SP29K-M.

Comparing to SP29-M, there are a few quality of life upgrades. Similar to P34-E, there are small patches of GoreTex that serve as reinforcement in high-stress areas. And similarly to P24A-E, there are loops on the interior of the shorts that you can hang them up with. In addition to the mesh pocket bags, there are also small drain holes on the lower cargo pockets that are far less effective at emptying liquid compared to the interior pockets, but still help make the shorts more suitable for swimming. Lastly, the (much lighter) fabric has a ripstop weave. The necessity of this is debatable, but a slight surprise as it doesn't show in photos.

The negatives first: The excess length on the integrated belt is annoying in water. The retainer loop does not help much and while you can cram it into a pocket, it won't stay there for long. Maybe a minor nuisance that will affect some more than others, but this is my biggest complaint. Secondly, the pocket array. It's just overkill. I did find some use for it by being able to swim in the ocean with keys to a car (with no worry about loss) but no pair of swim trunks need all this storage. And when you're not swimming, storing any item larger or heavier than maybe wireless earbuds can be pretty uncomfortable for walking around or sitting.

The positives: The fabric used on the "K" variant is much lighter than it is on SP29-M which makes for a much better pair of swim trunks but more importantly a better pair of shorts as well. Whether or not you like the metallic look or not will be up to you, but I'm indifferent and it's not too shiny in person. The shorter length is also much more summer appropriate and in my opinion, comfortable. Of course, they also look cool.

So if you're searching for something to swim in, you can probably look elsewhere. But if you want a pair of summer shorts that can be used for swimming in a pinch, these are great. Especially when you can get them on sale from HBX for "only" $330 USD. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase and wish I had just skipped SP29s in SS22 and waited for these

Edited by hanzen1138

1 hour ago, hanzen1138 said:

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I just wrapped up a trip to the beach and decided to use said travel plans as an excuse to purchase a pair of SP29K-M.

Comparing to SP29-M, there are a few quality of life upgrades. Similar to P34-E, there are small patches of GoreTex that serve as reinforcement in high-stress areas. And similarly to P24A-E, there are loops on the interior of the shorts that you can hang them up with. In addition to the mesh pocket bags, there are also small drain holes on the lower cargo pockets that are far less effective at emptying liquid compared to the interior pockets, but still help make the shorts more suitable for swimming. Lastly, the (much lighter) fabric has a ripstop weave. The necessity of this is debatable, but a slight surprise as it doesn't show in photos.

The negatives first: The excess length on the integrated belt is annoying in water. The retainer loop does not help much and while you can cram it into a pocket, it won't stay there for long. Maybe a minor nuisance that will affect some more than others, but this is my biggest complaint. Secondly, the pocket array. It's just overkill. I did find some use for it by being able to swim in the ocean with keys to a car (with no worry about loss) but no pair of swim trunks need all this storage. And when you're not swimming, storing any item larger or heavier than maybe wireless earbuds can be pretty uncomfortable for walking around or sitting.

The positives: The fabric used on the "K" variant is much lighter than it is on SP29-M which makes for a much better pair of swim trunks but more importantly a better pair of shorts as well. Whether or not you like the metallic look or not will be up to you, but I'm indifferent and it's not too shiny in person. The shorter length is also much more summer appropriate and in my opinion, comfortable. Of course, they also look cool.

So if you're searching for something to swim in, you can probably look elsewhere. But if you want a pair of summer shorts that can be used for swimming in a pinch, these are great. Especially when you can get them on sale from HBX for "only" $330 USD. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase and wish I had just skipped SP29s in SS22 and waited for these

Thanks I picked up a pair from Union LA for $368USD "discounted" (still exorbitant) and that is currently in delivery. I looked up HBX and I am not aware of any sale on that platform still seems to be RRP. The sheeny thin looking fabric is what really appeals to me about these over the standard SP29-M. Looks much more summer ready also with the reduced length for the hottest days of the year. I feel like I can just take the cuffs off my P30A-DS on the less hot summer months.

On 8/8/2023 at 2:10 AM, jeddyhsu said:

P46-DS Review

Overall pant shape is a bit weird for me personally. They fit kinda like tubes on the lower half. 
Pockets are standard. The flaps are a nice addition that makes stuff feel more secure but sometimes is cumbersome to grab due to material being a bit stiff when new.
Vents are great in these pants especially in NYC when temperatures change going in and out the subway. Only issue I have with them is that the back vent flairs a bit due to the tension (?)zip function which makes the shape of the pants not very flattering. 
Belt system is a pretty mediocre and I find myself using a normal belt instead with the pants while having the integrated one as decoration.

Have heard many people say they want to a pickup a pair of P46 as an alternative to the P33-DS however in my opinion the pants are completely different. P33 feels like a streamlined tech trouser while P46 feels like dryskin pajamas.

Hope this helped!

Does anyone have or used to have both a 3A-5 and a Bagjack NXL MESSENGER M TECH LINE? I have the latter and am looking for a new messenger bag because bagjack is too heavy for me. Would 3A-5 be better, or 3a-13ts? I know they weigh the same according to the datas  from acronym and bagjack website, but 3a-5 looks much lighter, so I’d like to hear from anyone who has both bags. Thank you!

Edited by HiDropsy

11 hours ago, HiDropsy said:

Does anyone have or used to have both a 3A-5 and a Bagjack NXL MESSENGER M TECH LINE? I have the latter and am looking for a new messenger bag because bagjack is too heavy for me. Would 3A-5 be better, or 3a-13ts? I know they weigh the same according to the datas  from acronym and bagjack website, but 3a-5 looks much lighter, so I’d like to hear from anyone who has both bags. Thank you!

Offtopic, but. I had the exact same problem and ended up carrying Arcteryx Leaf Courier with Acronym set of straps. This bag is much more versatile, much less bulky than Bagjack or Acronym and has less "corners". Not so techwearish and stylysh though