Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

Can’t seem to find more info on Canada-EFTA for MIE products regarding duties and customs. 

Any fellow Canucks can help me out? 

Cheers 

try looking up CETA, when your package arrives in Canada, UPS will notify you about HST 13% in Ontario and like a $10 handling fee. 

Anyone having trouble getting in touch with UPS to update HTS codes? Called a bunch of times and I always get to a full mailbox or someone that keeps forwarding me to another person. My last name starts with K and I tried Tina griffin (who was like is this for acronym? LOL guessing y’all been bugging her) who then forwarded me to Xiamorra but I can’t seem to get through to her. 

29 minutes ago, segue said:

Anyone having trouble getting in touch with UPS to update HTS codes? Called a bunch of times and I always get to a full mailbox or someone that keeps forwarding me to another person. My last name starts with K and I tried Tina griffin (who was like is this for acronym? LOL guessing y’all been bugging her) who then forwarded me to Xiamorra but I can’t seem to get through to her. 

Yep, the Dallas office number referenced in previous posts seems to no longer be affiliated with UPS (my last name starts with W).  Called the main brokerage line and was told to call a Philly number.  Haven't been able to reach the person at the end of that number though. 

Yeah, last time I copped from mothersite and called UPS (SS18), Tina forwarded me to someone who was on vacation who never returned my call even after I left a voicemail. Ended up just shelling out. I have a feeling every time there is a drop they are just bombarded with calls. Maybe some day there will be a more efficient way to do this.

36 minutes ago, bluecrush said:

Yeah, last time I copped from mothersite and called UPS (SS18), Tina forwarded me to someone who was on vacation who never returned my call even after I left a voicemail. Ended up just shelling out. I have a feeling every time there is a drop they are just bombarded with calls. Maybe some day there will be a more efficient way to do this.

...Makes me wonder if Errolson was tweeted (anyone with twitter account?) about this matter if he would actually help a ton of us out. Maybe I’m off, but I can’t seeing it being too hard for him to just change to a different code when shipping out to US.

Edited by rmc

44 minutes ago, appolez said:

Yep, the Dallas office number referenced in previous posts seems to no longer be affiliated with UPS (my last name starts with W).  Called the main brokerage line and was told to call a Philly number.  Haven't been able to reach the person at the end of that number though. 

Was able to get through to Debbra who was able to update my HTS code! Her info is below 

Debbra P Britt
UPS Brokerage
2031 S Centennial Avenue
Aiken SC 29803
Desk 803-502-7063
Fax 502-374-7603
[email protected]

Edited by segue
Typo

On 4/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, deathrazr said:

try looking up CETA, when your package arrives in Canada, UPS will notify you about HST 13% in Ontario and like a $10 handling fee. 

So upon further research, I read on RFD that Switzerland is not part of CETA as they aren’t part of EU.

I’m not really sure 

Edited by JoseRizal

36 is nice but I would say it’s just exactly as expected so not much of a review to give. The only thing I didn’t remember before on green jackets was the green jacketsling but that could be me. Again, I am a fan of the contrast infinium hood ... I am curious if this is how thin the 46-FO hood was though if anyone knows(?). It’s literally like a shower cap.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

I'd imagine the infinium hood will do it's job and properly keep your head dry but... the rest of the 36 is still cotton [water-resistant] so, hello wet shoulders and back. 

Either way, I'm glad it's still up on the mothersite. If the 1A restock slips by me I'll settle with the 36.

What exactly are hitch tabs supposed to do?

Edited by jeddyhsu

25 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

I'd imagine the infinium hood will do it's job and properly keep your head dry but... the rest of the 36 is still cotton [water-resistant] so, hello wet shoulders and back.

Stotz is extra long staple cotton—ie. Ventile, Supermarine, etc. Technically not 100% waterproof, but way more water-resistant than regular old cotton.

52 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Either way, I'm glad it's still up on the mothersite. If the 1A restock slips by me I'll settle with the 36.

What exactly are hitch tabs supposed to do?

Hitch the sleeves for warmer climate wear.

About the J36-S.

The last time I had a jacket with gravity pockets was the J28-GT, the pockets are much bigger now, able to accommodate my Note8 with a thick case easily.

My favorite part of the jacket is definitely the hood. I never owned or seen in person any of the FO/PB jackets & now I understand that "buttery" feeling everyone talks about. It's lightweight, thin & soft yet sturdy, also silent. It's a fairly large hood able to cover most big heads & the softness of the outer layer feels nice next to skin when stowed into the collar. Really looking forward to more jackets in this material.

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Stotz is extra long staple cotton—ie. Ventile, Supermarine, etc. Technically not 100% waterproof, but way more water-resistant than regular old cotton.

Yeah - I’ve probably not worn EtaProof in torrential downpour before but I’ve yet to totally wet any of those items out in moderate to heavy rain. We also know that they can be reproofed with Nikwax wax cotton spray too.

13 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Yeah - I’ve probably not worn EtaProof in torrential downpour before but I’ve yet to totally wet any of those items out in moderate to heavy rain. We also know that they can be reproofed with Nikwax wax cotton spray too.

Y’all will be fine. It’s water resistant to like 70-80cm hydrostatic head. “Waterproof” starts at 100cm. Basically there. 

I wore my old P10-S’ plenty in the rain(never got around to re-proofing so assuming it mostly wore off by year 2) and they repel pretty well for the first few 10 minutes and then start to get a bit damp, but never get that wet cotton feeling. It’s hard to explain but they don’t feel wet in the traditional sense, like no clamminess I guess?

On another note- does anyone actually use their sleeve hitch tabs? Never had a jacket that incorporated them. Curious to hear thoughts and feedback. Are they as useful/useless as the gravity pockets...?

My reasons for selling mine is mainly the cut. The collar is a bit high for my liking, comes up a little past my chin. Maybe I got a short neck. Also the arm with the detached sleeve is a bit tight, other side is ok. I thought maybe stotz is just a restrictive material but then I saw the measurements are actually smaller than other L's I've worn. Either way here's a couple shots of the hood..

20190405_192055.thumb.jpg.89c9bafa339c6dbb3adf36dfe73b6f7f.jpg

Soft & smooth on the outside

20190405_185952.thumb.jpg.cfb496d4c75ef54ed2662a9fbcb4cd10.jpg

Crunchy on the inside