Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Anyone have any problems with white creases appearing on the film part of their xpac? Like areas where the material is getting flexed or bent a lot?

This is typical of the foils and is the first onset of peeling/de-lamination. ACR calls it ‘patina’, while the folks who developed it would probably categorize it as ‘deterioration.’ See a few pages back around the time of the first foil 3A-3TS drop for images of accelerated degradation on a swatch. Might help you decide if you want to deal with it for much longer or sell. 

14 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Anyone have any problems with white creases appearing on the film part of their xpac? Like areas where the material is getting flexed or bent a lot?

Can I ask, how long have you been using the bag for? I've had mine since the last release and have been using it on a daily basis!

5 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Can I ask, how long have you been using the bag for? I've had mine since the last release and have been using it on a daily basis!

I've worn it twice. To be fair, it's extremely slight—just a single white crease on the inside, near the middle of the bag, just above the main zip. I can tell what's causing it; seems that, with anything in the two hanging pockets (which I use for my phone and wallet) the wait is distributed on the bag such that it sags in the middle, and creases right where the two pockets meet.

Here's a pic of the spot I'm talking about (not my bag though):

AjMAO6gnSGKn64HCqSvK

8 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I've worn it twice. To be fair, it's extremely slight—just a single white crease on the inside, near the middle of the bag, just above the main zip. I can tell what's causing it; seems that, with anything in the two hanging pockets (which I use for my phone and wallet) the wait is distributed on the bag such that it sags in the middle, and creases right where the two pockets meet.

Here's a pic of the spot I'm talking about (not my bag though):

Perfect, thanks for this!

12 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Did you pick up the olive x-pac 3a? Have you had anything similar happen?

No - I actually thought you were referring to the 3A-3TS, as I've heard that it has a similar issue where the foil starts peeling in the creases.

6 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

No - I actually thought you were referring to the 3A-3TS, as I've heard that it has a similar issue where the foil starts peeling in the creases.

I'd think the issue would be the same on both bags, as the internal pockets are the same size. Maybe it depends on how much weight is being stashed in each pocket...

It's also possible I'm being way too picky. :S

21 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I'd think the issue would be the same on both bags, as the internal pockets are the same size. Maybe it depends on how much weight is being stashed in each pocket...

It's also possible I'm being way too picky. :S

No, I think you're right. The pockets are extremely flimsy when compared with the rest of the construction, so it doesn't surprise me at all.

20 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

not really sure what youre talking about.  been using my olive xpac 3a-3ts for weeks basically fullt loaded with my laptop, mouse, charger, iphone, clothes, etc. and dont see any sort of white creases.

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/s1McW

I realize this is sort of nitpicking, but just in two days of wear that crease has grown considerably, simply because of how the bag hangs. My experience with dyneema tells me to be afraid. :S

Then again, if it's nothing then cool! The bag is great otherwise!

2000$ bag

@junkie_dolphin

based on the design that point in the bag is going to be a stress point for the xpac material. all my foil bags have this.

before when i got my first one and i cared more i thought about how to remedy this. You can cut a full length thin piece of cardboard that goes along the entire length of the bag and used double sided tape to affix it to it and it wil support the material long term. 

or just say fuck it and let it be.

i vote the ladder.

1 hour ago, erictheninja said:

@junkie_dolphin

based on the design that point in the bag is going to be a stress point for the xpac material. all my foil bags have this.

before when i got my first one and i cared more i thought about how to remedy this. You can cut a full length thin piece of cardboard that goes along the entire length of the bag and used double sided tape to affix it to it and it wil support the material long term. 

or just say fuck it and let it be.

i vote the ladder.

Question is, will this lead to holes long-term? Or just the peeling of the film? The latter would be tolerable, though it would compromise the material's ability to resist water in that one area. Of course, it could always be patched with tenacious tape or something once it wears away...

16 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Question is, will this lead to holes long-term? Or just the peeling of the film? The latter would be tolerable, though it would compromise the material's ability to resist water in that one area. Of course, it could always be patched with tenacious tape or something once it wears away...

One classic repair service bagjack offers is that heavy ass part replacement. So sometimes you would have a Frankenstein bag. Price varies as different materials and patch sizes but I do remember around 200 euro bill or so.