Acronym.

Westbrook

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before but... How do you safely wash Etaproof? Just a normal wash with a warm ironing to deactivate the water repellency? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Yep, that about sums it up. Don't use fabric softeners or conditioners, and you could tumble dry them but that's quite harsh.

Zeusneckone: I did that for a while but didn't like it. Specifically it was a Retina MBP so can't speak for "full height" laptops, but basically it fit.

The problem is that it ends up pushing out the edges of the bag which seriously flattens it. The result is that you cannot fit much else in the bag besides the laptop. With a 13" laptop (as discussed elsewhere at length :) ) the bag just keeps accepting stuff without breaking a sweat. With the 15" you'll have a hard time cramming stuff in right away.

My newsletter states that Acronym is excluded.

The way it's written, though, I don't know if that means that it is excluded from the promotion or excluded from the "restrictions." 

Thanks - I see now - and edited ( I am an idiot today -repeat- ) 

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before but... How do you safely wash Etaproof? Just a normal wash with a warm ironing to deactivate the water repellency? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Yep, that about sums it up. Don't use fabric softeners or conditioners, and you could tumble dry them but that's quite harsh.

I have a very bad experience with washing Etaproof... Anyway DRY CLEAN ONLY or use small sponge with cleaning fluid.

Yikes. I think I was conflating Etaproof and Epic, so disregard earlier comments; don't think I actually have anything Etaproof.

Epic fades quite badly fwiw, my green P9-Es are getting quite light now.

Etaproof - dry clean.

Epic - machine wash.

Yep, it's true.

Yikes. I think I was conflating Etaproof and Epic, so disregard earlier comments; don't think I actually have anything Etaproof.

Epic fades quite badly fwiw, my green P9-Es are getting quite light now.

So had I. But I solved it within special dye for clothes http://www.simplicol.de/ - it's the best paint ever used. Epic become like a new or better than new!

Got the Epic E-J1A that I have been hunting and unfortunately the zip appears to be problematic, not a tearjerker but a niggle that I want to repair/replace.

8805994284_6a8df1b030_o.jpg
ACRNM E-J1A by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

Question is - do you recommend sending back to ACRONYM for repairs if they carry them out?

Or take it to a reputable tailor to replace with a like zipper.

My only concern with the latter is that any seams etc will be damaged by a less caring tailor other than Acronym themselves ?

Here is the fault in question:

9019213514_557e22a314_c.jpg
ZIP FAULT by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

Anyone here experienced similar and advise how they overcame it ?
Are ACRNM carried out repairs reasonably priced?

All advice greatly received. 

got replaced whole sleeve on gt-j17 by acronym directly. was not really cheap and the shipping was required to be made with ups which made the price even higher...need to say that the repair was really very well made and it must have been quite complicated to replace it. i wish i new the link back then when i was looking for it.