Acronym.

Westbrook

Is the difference in size between the 8TS and 5TS such that you can justify having both? (From a purely functional perspective.)

If you consider style a function, the 8TS is more size-appropriate for the office and for smart casual outings. It's not as versatile as the 5TS or as light as the 3A-1, but there are times when the 5TS is just too bulky to lug around and the 3A-1 too limiting, this is when the 8TS truly shines. 

To riff a little more on CmdR's answer:

All three could be your every day bag, depending on your needs. However, if you get more than one, the 8TS is the bag you should get because you need it for daily use. If the size works for you and/or you carry a 13" laptop most days, it's the thing to get, no question.

Personally though I doubt you'd end up using the 8TS as a "sometimes" bag, alongside a daily-use 5TS for example. If your daily load needs a 5TS, I'd stick with a 3A-1 on the side for those lighter days (fx. day-trips, light shopping, and if you have kids: a diaper-bag...not kidding). It'll also roll up and fit into the 5TS, which might be smart.

If your daily load is light and fits the 3A-1 (no laptop, maybe just an iPad or something), the 5TS might be smarter "on the side" as it'll fit pretty much whatever you throw at it, when you need the space. YMMV.

Edited by TaoSpace

If your daily load needs a 5TS, I'd stick with a 3A-1 on the side for those lighter days (fx. day-trips, light shopping, and if you have kids: a diaper-bag...not kidding). It'll also roll up and fit into the 5TS, which might be smart.

If your daily load is light and fits the 3A-1 (no laptop, maybe just an iPad or something), the 5TS might be smarter "on the side" as it'll fit pretty much whatever you throw at it, when you need the space. YMMV.

I had a similar config when I first started getting into ACRNM, my first bag was the 3A-1 coupled with 3A-6TS. It's a min max combo that pretty much covers the whole spectrum of urban-life load carrying needs: For office days, the 3A-1 fits a 13" Air quite comfortably, while the 3A-6TS can handle being the only bag you take for overseas trip of up to a week without having to resort to doing laundry and still have fresh clothes daily. Edited by cmdR

^ an early iteration of the nike free's I think! I had a pair that look very similar that I was playing hockey in. they had a 7mm drop and that strange black bit on the sole (side of the sole) as well as a Velcro strap across the mid foot. 

Has any SuFu members ordered from Hypebeast? I placed an order for my Acronym DS-LA3 on 5/3 and I still haven't received my tracking number. WTF. I have sent them 3 emails and called several times with no success. Any info y'all have will help.

Edited by Flipflop214

3A-1 coupled with 3A-6TS. It's a min max combo that pretty much covers the whole spectrum of urban-life load carrying needs.

This is exactly my set up. My daily carry and any trip under a week.

Same (am in good company here) but with a 3TS instead of a A-1 as it allows me to carry over attachments leaving more internal space in the 6TS if needed.

edit: 

Why not, here are some (insta) pics.

8d4c2e18961111e1abb012313813106f_7.jpg

a2b9649ec5a211e1abd612313810100a_7.jpg

@KTY My favorite piece is my T1 of course, OF COURSE!

Edited by Cotton Duck

Thought I would chime in with a review of the ch-j3b. Material is quite interesting for sure and probably the best part of it. I've worn it in rain, wind, the cold and heat. The heat retention is pretty good and it is pretty breathable. Highly water and wind repellent. Cool details.

As far as the fit goes, I am glad I sized up. A medium would have very likely been too tight. Here is a bit of stretch to the material, but it does seem slimmer than typical acronym.

Overall I would say its worth the steep price. I would be curious to check out the ch-j31, as the cut seems interesting. Lately I've been trying to track down some older season shadow project stuff though.

Did any of the L-J11s come with removable hoods?

No! Hood is not included!

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/10626/l-j11_leather_windstopper_jacket.html

but I can say that the approach it like a hood, many of the gt-j11, s-j1a and etc.

Edited by DevilsDancer

I've owned a 9TS since SS12. Here's a photo of it in its most recent state. Imho, great bag for what it is. If you travel around with a laptop, and aren't too tech-savvy (maybe no digital camera?) you can probably pack it with 2~2.5 sets of clothes along with a pouch of all your wires. 

8733241785_f6ec31e2d5_z.jpg

Weak points would be that it's at a bit of an odd size, almost too big for average daily use? I end up bringing a lot more things than the usual (jacket, misc. pouches, p&s, book, headphones). The stabiliser strap also takes some getting used to/practice. I keep it at the shortest length and cut the placement across my chest, having it loose or low just feels ungainly and unappealing. 

I'm hoping they do a fix for it in the coming seasons. Better strap, similar to what the shoulder slings have, would be great to see as a modular purchase. 

Edited by WillKhitie

The material is really slick and durable. It's white so that you can see the contents better when you open the bag. If your bag has a dark interior things (esp. smaller items) tend to get lost, at least that's my experience.

Slightly OT but, I heard somewhere that Mr Hugh has a new collaboration out this year with an unexpected partnership.

I for one am keeping my ear to the ground on this as I am rather intrigued.

it has me thinking for sure, love to see a Yamamoto/ACR release...

The material is really slick and durable. It's white so that you can see the contents better when you open the bag. If your bag has a dark interior things (esp. smaller items) tend to get lost, at least that's my experience.

Precisely why I bought my 8TS.  That white vinyl liner elevates the bag to the Genius Kit level.  I won't pay for bags with dark innards anymore. 

Got 2 fast questions. I rather post them here than in small qs thread.

Is Hanon the cheapest retailer for Europeans?

I know that there are always measurements, but when i got bigger shoulders and I'm usually between M-L, would you suggest to go M or L in jackets? I guess this is problem for most people in techwear sizing. I need to fit a hoodie or something underneath it.

Thanks for any help.