Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

So 47 and 51 are same fabric, but different cut and color. 

According to the stores in Japan 47 is FW’s (Daihyo) 代表 Or “representative” model. But it doesn’t have a jacket to go with?

3 hours ago, vlad_III said:

According to the stores in Japan 47 is FW’s (Daihyo) 代表 Or “representative” model. But it doesn’t have a jacket to go with?

Wouldn’t the 506 46-47 model be the jacket to pair it with?

8 hours ago, vlad_III said:

They are a different cut since they ‘broadly’ represent a different era. They are the same same denim but dyed differently.

Levi’s didn’t make jackets to ‘go with’ jeans - neither do FW

On 12/25/2023 at 10:19 PM, Duke Mantee said:

They are a different cut since they ‘broadly’ represent a different era. They are the same same denim but dyed differently.

Levi’s didn’t make jackets to ‘go with’ jeans - neither do FW

Didn’t know that… thought they were meant to be worn as a set. I’m liking the 47 cut a lot more. Not sure if it’s the one I tried on, but the 51 jeans feel a lot slimmer than 601rb which are supposed to be the same cut. 
I can’t tell the difference between colors. They look exactly the same to me.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, vlad_III said:

IMG_9654.jpeg

13 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Didn’t know that… thought they were meant to be worn as a set. I’m liking the 47 cut a lot more. Not sure if it’s the one I tried on, but the 51 jeans feel a lot slimmer than 601rb which are supposed to be the same cut. 
I can’t tell the difference between colors. They look exactly the same to me.

There’s no rule to say you can’t wear denim jackets and jeans as a set.

There’s a lot more to differences in pattern too - thread colours, buttons, pocket shapes, belt loops etc … the list is pretty big

As for colour - the 51s will be more blue looking than the 47s which are a bit darker almost black-blue

Edited by Duke Mantee

When brand new I honestly can’t tell much difference between the different denims. They all are just dark indigo to me. Ha 
once they’re really beat up and worn in is when I can really notice it though. 

The 51 denim (both the jeans and the jacket) start out a noticeably lighter shade of blue than anything else I've seen from FW, and from most other denims for that matter. I haven't handled the 47's but if the above photo is supposed to be a comparison of 47 and 51, I'd say that the color is definitely inaccurate, as the shade of the 51 is not reflected in that image.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:02 AM, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

The 51 denim (both the jeans and the jacket) start out a noticeably lighter shade of blue than anything else I've seen from FW, and from most other denims for that matter. I haven't handled the 47's but if the above photo is supposed to be a comparison of 47 and 51, I'd say that the color is definitely inaccurate, as the shade of the 51 is not reflected in that image.

Yes, that was 51 and 47 next to each other. Even in different light, they look about the same to me. My 507xx 1951 jacket does look noticeably lighter. Maybe the color varies a little from one production run to another. 

@vlad_III maybe it does vary, because my 507xx 1951 jacket was an exact match with the jeans when new (I got the tux some time ago), and while I don’t have the 47, both are lighter and even a different shade of blue (more red cast) than in your photo. 

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The ones at the front pockets feel sharper than the ones on the coin pockets so I am not bothered anymore ;)

Just tap them down if they’re an issue to you (I could care less, but all my belts have deep scars)

11 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

And a first, quick fit pic. These changed their texture A LOT in the initial soak+wash. They became quite neppy and slubby. The rivets don't bother me anymore so I'll leave them. 

20240101_144754.thumb.jpg.e86b6cef7bf6e663acb6dcf1be9b4631.jpg

I thought the 47s only come factory washed. 

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

You can get them raw as well but it's less common I think

47s have always been issued non-wash (not raw 🤨) and wash

34 length in non-wash only (I’ll need to check the catalogues tho’ to be 100%)

32 length in both non-wash and wash

… and rarely 30 length wash which mostly came under youth sizing 

On 1/3/2024 at 2:07 AM, Duke Mantee said:

47s have always been issued non-wash (not raw 🤨) and wash

34 length in non-wash only (I’ll need to check the catalogues tho’ to be 100%)

32 length in both non-wash and wash

… and rarely 30 length wash which mostly came under youth sizing 

Didn’t know that. Good to know they have length 30. I took 5cm off a washed W36 L32. I guess I have really short legs.