Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

2 hours ago, Broark said:

another user on here that I chat with a lot has been talking up Michigan, seems like a nice spot.

+1 for MI. MN is my preferred cold weather state though

16 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Jeans being waist overalls until the 60s 

Finding the perfect fit now basically results in buying denims with such particular dimensions it nullifies the cut / pattern

That makes sense. So is that why you mention you take the same size in all FW - even if the waist is oversized - to stay as true as possible how that cut/pattern was intended?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, tooth said:

That makes sense. So is that why you mention you take the same size in all FW - even if the waist is oversized - to stay as true as possible how that cut/pattern was intended?

Exactly so - if the top block of a pair of 22s is bigger than a pair of 51s, I’m not going to size down looking to transform them into the same ‘fit’.

Everyone has their own approach but I am truly baffled by the endless queries around how 5mm makes a difference 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Duke Mantee

IMG_4544.thumb.jpeg.9c218ae1d983a4acf1f6a459c6947e5b.jpegthe 1937 is just such a killer pair of jeans 

@Dr_Heech I was really telling myself I don’t need the 1942s since they’re supposed to be pretty similar to the 1937 but I love the offset rear pocket detail. 

On 6/2/2024 at 11:55 PM, shredwin_206 said:

IMG_4544.thumb.jpeg.9c218ae1d983a4acf1f6a459c6947e5b.jpegthe 1937 is just such a killer pair of jeans 

@Dr_Heech I was really telling myself I don’t need the 1942s since they’re supposed to be pretty similar to the 1937 but I love the offset rear pocket detail. 

They are similar but different. They are like bookends. Your 1937 model are at the beginning of the hidden rivets/cinchback era model, whereas the 1942 are at the end of this era model. 

I think apart from the difference in denim and colour of buckle, it's only the 'left over right' back panels that have a different set up.

@Dr_Heech yes the left sewn separately from the right, different denim, and black buckle are only differences   
Thank you for reminding me the 1942 are a want not a necessary need since I have the 1937 already. Trying to buy less this year haha 

40 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Dr_Heech yes the left sewn separately from the right, different denim, and black buckle are only differences   
Thank you for reminding me the 1942 are a want not a necessary need since I have the 1937 already. Trying to buy less this year haha 

I find wants often turn into needs hahaha. But l hear you mate, l'm down for one item per year max over the last 2 or 3 years so buying a jacket and jeans will see me through until 2026 at least!

On 6/1/2024 at 9:55 PM, nick682 said:

It looks like some shops have the 601RB back in stock for anyone that's looking.

I was waiting for like a year to buy a pair of those. I gave up and assumed that they weren't going to make them again and bought a pair of Sugar Cane black 1947's a few weeks ago.   Oh well... the SC's are still a good pair. 

42s arrived this week. Washing them now. Also grabbed a Jesse western shirt which unfortunately is not quite my style and will be posted in the sale thread tomorrow. Happy to pass on a deal for anyone interested in a size 16. 

8 hours ago, fabes said:

42s arrived this week. Washing them now. Also grabbed a Jesse western shirt which unfortunately is not quite my style and will be posted in the sale thread tomorrow. Happy to pass on a deal for anyone interested in a size 16. 

What size do you need?

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

What size do you need?

Probably a 17. This particular shirt is too tight in the forearms for me. I’m pretty sure it’s meant to fit on the slimmer side, but it’s  restrictive at my forearms. All my other FW shirts are 16 and fit well. 

14 minutes ago, fabes said:

Probably a 17. This particular shirt is too tight in the forearms for me. I’m pretty sure it’s meant to fit on the slimmer side, but it’s  restrictive at my forearms. All my other FW shirts are 16 and fit well. 

Yeah - this Western cut is a slightly slimmer cut shirt.

Well as I said I’ve both denim and (red) flannel in a 17

^^ Yeah, I had to get rid of my Jesse shirt for the same reason—fit good through the body, shoulders, neck, but the forearms were a definite no go

IMG_4627.thumb.jpeg.a6442a7336113b0faf4d033309d36300.jpegIMG_4628.thumb.jpeg.261f2b912a0eda27f39fed38dde5ec4b.jpegIMG_4630.thumb.jpeg.b87568d8c0b4c28576b763d100cbcafa.jpegIMG_4629.thumb.jpeg.5fc0276b93c7faf34569b8ffc105758f.jpegchanneling my inner @Double 0 Soul with these s601xx. They’ve been worn hard and abused at work. Many hand repairs that are now coming undone. Washed on hot and tossed in the dryer so much I’ve lost count. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

If it’s just the forearms that are the issue, going up a collar size isn’t going to fix much

That’s my hesitation with trying a 17.

I could just convert to short sleeve western and use the pearly snaps from the cuffs to bedazzle the shirt! 

Edited by fabes