Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Posted (edited)

Been rough and toughing some FW 47 the past couple of months

Fit is great. Super baby soft abrasion resistant denim

Edit: here's a photo of the front 

ADC84E80-908B-4024-B5E2-452F2F2DAC87.thumb.jpeg.39f6210195a0719e7b602d37555dca11.jpeg

Edited by scooby

Cool video here made by Nest Store from Korea, interviewing a few faces behind Freewheelers.
Not sure how many parts there will be, but I personally really enjoyed watching this one, and I appreciate that they embedded English subtitles.

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Cool video here made by Nest Store from Korea, interviewing a few faces behind Freewheelers.
Not sure how many parts there will be, but I personally really enjoyed watching this one, and I appreciate that they embedded English subtitles.

I appreciate the passion but the toy angle just…it’s not for me. Especially with a big logo on it!

Nice to get a sense of who’s doing what though. 

3 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I appreciate the passion but the toy angle just…it’s not for me. Especially with a big logo on it!

Nice to get a sense of who’s doing what though. 

Agreed, the toys weren’t really my thing but I can appreciate the thought and care that went into developing them.

@MJF9 same situation as Doc, mine should be here soon-ish. I did receive the jacket, I plan on taking some photos of it this weekend (along with a bunch of other things). Been a bit hectic lately since I recently started my new job.

Posted (edited)

The 601 RB jeans yes. That’s all I’m sure about, but I think it’s the whole thing.

The 507b - to be honest I’m not sure if it’s old stock but I don’t think so, all I know is I found one.

I haven’t seen a new 507RB, but I haven’t gone looking either. I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to what’s being released, it’s more like I go looking for something specific and see if/when it will be around. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Thanks @Broark for sharing that video, enjoyed that!

Hard to not give in and also get the ‘42 tux. Then again I already have the ‘46-‘47 tux so it would be difficult to explain to myself that I need both. 

But, I saw Speedway has options open to pre-order the ‘51 jeans and jacket 😬 I might go for that. I have the ‘51 jeans but it’s a little big on me since I lost some weight. Love the cut though. Any experiences with boil washing jeans on 90 degrees celcius? 

I wanted to try the '42 jeans out because they're a bit unique, no one else is really making repros of this model that was made for a short period of time.
I also felt like I washed my WWII pair too often, so I want to get a little more contrast this time around with the same denim to see how it fairs.

@mstax the 601xx '51 jeans / 507xx are perennial releases as far as I know, so you should be able to get that tux setup more readily than the seasonal releases.
No experience with boiling jeans that hot, but I'd avoid it due to the prospect of possibly ruining the patch.
I've always found that a hot wash with normal agitation from the washing machine gets the most shrink, at least with our washer setup.
Temperature is only one factor in shrinkage, agitation is equally as important in my experience.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

I wanted to try the '42 jeans out because they're a bit unique, no one else is really making repros of this model that was made for a short period of time.

Yeah for this reason the ‘42 is still in my mind. And I never had something prior to ‘47 from any brand, fabric-wise it will be interesting. 

Maybe I’ll try the 90 celcius wash, not too attached to the patch 🙂 But I’ll try a few 60 celcius washes first, might already to the trick. Thanks for the feedback!

I also picked up the ‘42s and waiting on ‘alterations’. I wanted to try a cinch back and curious to try the wwii denim. It will be fun to compare them to my ‘51s and ‘33 jacket. Seeing @MJF9’s ‘33 jacket has encouraged me to get more wear on mine!

Haha glad to help mate... I've worn the 33 quite a bit over the past 6 months ish and it's a slow burner... just starting to get some visible signs recently... would be good to see yours when you're ready

18 hours ago, mstax said:

Thanks @Broark for sharing that video, enjoyed that!

Hard to not give in and also get the ‘42 tux. Then again I already have the ‘46-‘47 tux so it would be difficult to explain to myself that I need both. 

But, I saw Speedway has options open to pre-order the ‘51 jeans and jacket 😬 I might go for that. I have the ‘51 jeans but it’s a little big on me since I lost some weight. Love the cut though. Any experiences with boil washing jeans on 90 degrees celcius? 

How's the sizing on the '51 jeans? I know the measurements on Speedway are a bit funky and wasn't sure if I should go TTS with them or not.

I found them TTS. They came in a little snug but stretched out and broke in nicely. I find FW is pretty good w reliable sizing - not that getting measurements isn’t a good idea but I trust the tag with them more than most. 

@frank I find them TTS as well. I own both ‘47 and ‘51 models and both are pretty TTS. 

However, my 36x32 ‘51 shrunk a little further after two machine washes on 60 degrees celcius. They measure a little under 34 inch now, will probably stretch to 34 or a little over with wearing. When I got these they measured just under 36 inch. Inseam is now around 31 inch.

23 minutes ago, mstax said:

@frank I find them TTS as well. I own both ‘47 and ‘51 models and both are pretty TTS. 

However, my 36x32 ‘51 shrunk a little further after two machine washes on 60 degrees celcius. They measure a little under 34 inch now, will probably stretch to 34 or a little over with wearing. When I got these they measured just under 36 inch. Inseam is now around 31 inch.

I’ve never had (or heard of) a pair of FW denims shrink like that - over 2 inches?! Wow

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’ve never had (or heard of) a pair of FW denims shrink like that - over 2 inches?! Wow

It might be a little less drastic as it seems now lol. When I got them they measured 17 3/4 inch flat. Now, after wearing them around a year and with multiple soaks and 2 machine washes at 60 degrees celcius they measure just under 17 inch. Still, some notable shrinkage? Ofcourse they will stretch out a little but not to 17 3/4 I’m sure.

Here’s an image, I can’t get it to show here, don’t know why: https://imgur.com/a/eG5Q52b

Edited by mstax