The Flat Head

LFC4ever

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Kinda both, plain and ultra-suede.

The embroidered F-stitch is the international version.

Explain please mate?

Not that clued up on TFH jeans, got a.pair when they were rumored to.be folding. To be honest the arcs are the my least favourite part....

So the arcs that look like Levi's arcs, just with one "thing" elongated are the Japanese arcs. These came simply stitched or as a version with ultra suede inside. So plain or ultra suede.

The international version is the one you see on Rivet & Hide for example.

(Or I totally missed what was meant with plain)

I bought some Samurais a month ago and e2nd.net shipped by EMS to the USA.

You should send them an email and also translate it into Japanese for them.

They also chainstitched , accept PayPal and they have an excellent selection of FH. They’re not open every day , but they usually answer emails

Edited by lyraman

I've purchased many things from 2nd on their Rakuten store front when it existed, but haven't since. Always great, friendly customer service, if a bit slow with time difference and e-mailing back and forth. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flat Head is finally selling the new 3004 model, which has a longer rise and looser thigh than the 3005 but approximately the same size leg opening (around 8.5-75" on a size 32.) This sounds like a great idea to me, we need more jeans that are roomy in the top but don't have a super tapered (or super wide) hem.

The 3004 looks great. Agree it is a good idea to have a cut that's roomy in the top without an aggressive taper, as has been the trend in the past few years. However, I'm not sure I'd get this cut before the 3009. 3009 appeals to me and been on my want list. 

Judging from the short inseam length (around 32"), I'm guessing it is.

Compared to a 3009 of the same waist size, these appear to be more relaxed around the top block, with a slightly wider hem. Could be a great fit for those wanting a relaxed, high-rise fit but not the super tapered lower leg that seems to accompany that on many contemporary models of jeans.

It seems they’re once washed:

14.5oz denim (old-fashioned power loom)

Tapered model with deep rise

Iron button fly

Original rivet

Hidden iron rivet

Leather patch (deer leather)

Pocket: Single stitch

Decorative stitch: Cotton thread

One-Wash

Color: Blue

Size: 29/30/31/32/33/34/36/38

* The product is specially washed.

Avoid using a tumble dryer as drying with a tumble dryer may cause shrinkage and deterioration.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, Cold Summer said:

In retrospect, I really wish I'd waited maybe 4-6 months before the first wash instead of washing every month. The overall color and texture looks nice, but I feel these would look better if the whiskers/honeycombs were more defined.

Everyone got their own tastes but... I think these are spot on as they are. They'd be my Sunday best / job interview / up in court jeans if they were mine.