The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Help me out guys, can't read 6000+ posts! Heading to Thailand next week and want to pick up some FH while I'm there so couple questions..... Are the BSP a standard FH model or just available from Self Edge? I intend to get all the shrinkage out the way with a couple of hot soaks so what's the shrinkage like at the waist and hem/thigh? Similar question re the F310 what's the shrinkage like across the waist,inseam and the width of the thigh/hem? I'm a 32 waist usually, so any advice on sizing? Thanks for reading my incredibly long post!! :)

BSP is SE only. Hem, thigh, etc. will be about .4" smaller when fully shrunk. You can get pretty much all of the shrinkage out of the way with an agitated soak (i.e., give your jeans a wash in the machine without any soap.) Standard FH jeans will always shrink to about a 33.5" inseam when fully shrunk. If you get the F310, size up one.

If you're size 32, buy my new 3001s in the Supermarket. Best deal you'll get.

Otherwise, go with the F310s, I guess.

haha,sorry man, not a sz 32!

okay, how about f310s or 1001? i can't decide! i can't find measurements for 1001, but is it the same cut as f310s?

Also, the f310 is pretty much fh's answer to the Levi lawsuit huh? With the design of the arcs and the back pockets. Makes me think that since they were first released in 2008..what do you guys think?

Kinda cool. The lawsuit turned into something good. It brought more creativity. I definitely think the back pockets on the f310 are dope.

The arcs changed, but also, I believe the f310's are also stitched using a polycore/cotton stitch which is supposed to last longer than the straight cotton thread.

The F310's pockets are also a slightly different shape than the 3001's.

The poly-core stitching is supposed to last longer but there are plenty of shredded-up F310s out there so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

mcb

1 year ago i see measurements of f310 and 1001 at selfedge, the measurements is same but i'll try to find out which jeans are slimmer between the F310 with a 1001, so a few months ago I was to thedenimvault store in Indonesia and take F310 and 1001 jeans with the same size. F310 was slimmer than 1001 but only about mm.

Herringbone shirt from SE sale + BSPs at two months of real wear.

P1020046.jpg

Shirt was a little big at first but a soak + dryer shrink fixed that, now it's perfect. Been wearing the BSPs a bit lower lately, you can't see it in this picture but the lower thigh is definitely more comfortable now.

Edited by Cold Summer

I have a question about the Frontier Series denim. After doing some research, it looks like it was supposed to have been discontinued back in 2010, but it never was. However, if you go to 2nd's website, it now says the Frontier Series is discontinued. Can anyone shed light on this--i.e. is 2nd just dropping the line but Flat Head will still make it, or is Flat Head putting it to rest?

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help, i have purchased a pair of f310 in super condition from a guy Sufu with a 32" tagged waist size

I'm in love with the jeans but i'm struggling with the 8" hem size which i feel is to much for my skinny legs to take.

The length although pretty much perfect , ideally i could of done with a bit extra .5" as i like to stack but no mater (they were hot soaked by the previous owner and then hemmed @ 32")

I am probably going to look at trading or selling them to get another pair, so my question is this should i just size down to maybe a 31 or even a 30 to get the small bit of reduction in width i require or should i just opt for another cut completely, could any of you guys me give a couple of suggestions?

Thanks for your help. :)

got my first pair of fhs yesterday, soaked and first wear (only for a little bit) today and wow. amazing denim. went with the f310 and went tts. suuuuppeeerrr stiff but definitely loving the fit. actually, a perfect fit imo. not super skinny but slim enough for my build. i thought the waist would shrink more (still had to suck my stomach in :P) but everything else fits perfect. i think after a couple hand washes or soaks, everything will fit even more snug. definitely can't wait to see how these fade!

Gnomed, it sounds like those still have a lot of shrinkage - 3XXX jeans should go about 1.5"-2" in the waist when fully shrunk. I'd recommend a soapless spin in the washing machine, that's gotten rid of all the shrink when I've done it on raw jeans, and Flat Heads hold their color so well that indigo loss isn't an issue.

Just sitting in the bath doesn't come close to getting rid of all the shrinkage on FH jeans.