The Flat Head

LFC4ever

malaujai: Have you spun it in the wash yet or given it a hand-agitated soak yet? When I've spin-soaked FH jeans in my top-loading machine it's always turned the water nearly black. FH won't fully shrink if you don't give it a hot agitated soak/spin, anyway (I know I've said this a million times, but maybe somebody who hasn't seen it before will benefit.)

itsbenhere: I love my red Native Check western shirt, it might be my favorite of all my FH shirts and I love the snap buttons and yoke/pocket patterns. I'm guessing you got the work shirt version though.

^ Nice! Congrats!

and yeah, I put them in the washing machine on low spin. They did shrink a bit, but I think the denim is so stretchy that the next few days it already stretched back out...

I've been wearing them around 3-4 weeks now... Can kind of see some honeycombs starting to set (not much stacks because I hemmed them). Should I try to shrink them more? Slightly concerned with the somewhat set honeycombs and inseam becoming too short, but I guess I can pull/stretch them out after the soak...

Thanks! It's hard to say whether you should try washing or drying them again without seeing how it fits first. Interesting that the Exceed denim is so stretchy when the Pioneer denim is infamously tough to stretch.

I was able to pull out my inseam two whole inches after fully shrinking them, the 1001's denim might stretch even more.

Cold Summer, that's awesome that you've scored basically the perfect job for you. Congrats! And yeah, I ordered the work shirt version as the double snapped pockets are a little too western-y for me although they are cool. Anyway, I'll update with impressions and fit pics and so forth when it gets here. Too stoked

Thanks for the nice words everybody. Be warned Ben, once you experience Flat Head's shirts, everything else feels pretty lame in comparison. You might just become addicted. :D

Its the truth, the patterns are three dimensional. Nothing else is truly like it.

Do you go in and try them on? A lot of times I'm surprised at how certain measurements feel in real life. I think we've been conditioned into thinking that only certain measurements will work when in reality there can be a pretty big variance between your shirts and they can all fit well.

Also, my birthday is in May. OH shit.

Edited by itsbenhere

I cant fit the shoulders on FH shirts. I want to get some so bad, but the shoulders are too wide. For instance, one of the Glory Park flannels has a 43 chest which is great but the shoulders are close to 20". I need an 18 in the shoulder.

The issue is you're trying to buy a flannel that fits like a tailored suit.

No flannel fit like a tailored shirt 60 years ago, hence why Flat Head (and Dry Bones) flannels fit the way they do. They're modeled after a vintage fit where the shoulders were dropped.

Do you go in and try them on? A lot of times I'm surprised at how certain measurements feel in real life. I think we've been conditioned into thinking that only certain measurements will work when in reality there can be a pretty big variance between your shirts and they can all fit well.

Also, my birthday is in May. OH shit.

yea, I have tried them all on. I dig what Kiya says, but at the price point we are hanging out in, I want the shirt to fit how I want it to. If I cant manage it, I guess its not for me. Sucks for me. Maybe Ill get over it at some point. I tried the FH wabash on and about shit my pants. One of the best shirts I have ever seen. I just couldnt pull the trigger

My FH shirts are a little wide in the shoulders, but I figured that was just because I have a slim figure. The nice thing about their western shirts is that they taper in the middle, so even if they're a little wide in the shoulders they still look slim overall.