Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Yeah, the waistband [RAW] seemed like it's going to shrink below tagged ... I guess cuz of the tight stitches. Volante sure made em secured, clean & tight for the long arduous journey ahead ;)

Glad to know they're loosening up @waist, Ooms

... copy that, Tilmann ?!

There we go, D01-35. Need to get my hands on this pair.

10167980_605377106210189_579179103_n.png

Looks very similar to the 30- Anniversary edition SD-D01-30 - do we know anything about the denim used?

I typically wear size L in SDA shirts...

I have a large SDA tshirt, and too big, then I wear a XL in the workshirt.

Looks very similar to the 30- Anniversary edition SD-D01-30 - do we know anything about the denim used?

Unless someone has the issue of Lightning (?) and can translate, not sure much else. It does have a very interesting choice of two tone stitching though, can't say I have seen red used before.

Edited by bradl

I've never liked SDA's pocket arcs, but I hope the ones above are only for the anniversary edition.  They're worse than the usual arcs.

I wonder if the D01-35 and the pictured tee shirt are all the company is doing for the 35th anniversary.  It would be nice if they rolled out a couple of other commemorative items.  Not sure what, exactly, but something additional...

I've never liked SDA's pocket arcs, but I hope the ones above are only for the anniversary edition.  They're worse than the usual arcs.

I wonder if the D01-35 and the pictured tee shirt are all the company is doing for the 35th anniversary.  It would be nice if they rolled out a couple of other commemorative items.  Not sure what, exactly, but something additional...

That's how I felt about their arcs. I was about to take the seam ripper to them, but have grown to love them. I really really like those arcs, and I believe those are the original arcs, as this is a commemorative to the first cut they put out D01.

2_1.jpg

Is that enough 35th anniversary stuff for you ;) But so far that's the bulk of what I have seen, but there is still A/W to go as well. Maybe something really interesting for the christmas pair? They put dinosaurs on the patch for x's-29

Cross post of my HWDC2 Studio D'Artisan X's-33 at the one year mark, fresh off their 6th wash.

IMG_4284_zpsc2c537f8.jpg

IMG_4278_zpse2d32c80.jpg

And a couple of close ups, starting with the patch.

IMG_4282_zps6f60dabc.jpg

And the texture and character of the denim, which has really come out nicely as they've faded and all the attention grabbing neps have worn off.

IMG_4306_zps4ee88dda.jpg

The 103 look great (106 aren't too shabby either) but are further evidence of the amazing fading ability of SDA's 15oz denim, which still appears to be shamefully overlooked by many on these fora. The 3-D whiskers and leg twist are superb. Good work Andreyyy.

... cuz ironically what makes the denim fab is what makes kids shun it ... dark, resilient/hard-to-fade 15oz prodn indigo denim that needs constant attention/dedication. 

3yrs in, about 12+ mos of effective wear & the 101s are still in "transition" 

Edited by BrownMetallic