RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Agreed, excellent post (photos and commentary) Mr B. Were you in Japan or Thailand at the time?

Hayashi San does seem to have an excellent posture too. Did he tell you to tuck your shirt in? He looks the type who might.

^^Nagoya Japan.

Yes I should have made myself a little more presentable. He probably moaned about it but I didn't understand.

I must have been standing there like a groupie. Resolute jeans on, denimes in the bag and a denime shirt to boot.

Edited by Mr-Bielby

Great post!

slightly off topic: pants-avenue seems the easiest way to get a pair in europe, right? On his website the 710 is described as tight (66 cut?) and the 711 as straight (xx cut?). So is the 710 really that tight? Sounds like a silly question (shame on me)

I looked through the first pages and saw that his goal was 100 million dollars in sales in the first 3 years. Did he meet that?

If they had, this thread would probably be 20 to 30 pages longer....  

I predict the Resolute style is what's going to be popular in denim the next couple years.... a regular fit, a proper hem (no more huge cuffs or accordion like stacks), and a more liberal washing schedule.  I expect 50s (worn tight at the waist) and 60s style cuts to become more popular.  Skin tight and low is out, and wide and straight is following it.  It's time for normal jeans that can be worn with any combination of clothing.      

I would just like to say thanks to you all for this interesting and entertaining thread -- the last two posts by setterman and hoggreaser are exemplary.

I'm new to Sufu and the world of raw, selvedge denim, having started with the SE/Dry Bones collaboration, two Iron Hearts, 3Sixteen+ 21BSP (very nice), and two more on order (Samurai S710XX and Fullcount 1108XX).  Somehow, I managed to make it here to the Resolute forum, which suggests that I'm spending more time learning about denim than doing my taxes, which are due soon!

Sorry to interject but I just appreciated this thread.  While Resolute may not be the place to start one's journey in the world of denim (given limited distribution and availability), it sure has been interesting to read and learn from those on this sub-forum.

John

If they had, this thread would probably be 20 to 30 pages longer....  

I predict the Resolute style is what's going to be popular in denim the next couple years.... a regular fit, a proper hem (no more huge cuffs or accordion like stacks), and a more liberal washing schedule.  I expect 50s (worn tight at the waist) and 60s style cuts to become more popular.  Skin tight and low is out, and wide and straight is following it.  It's time for normal jeans that can be worn with any combination of clothing.      

thank fucking God if this turns out to be true!!

The thing is though, that middle ground is probably the harder of the two in which to stand out, 

You could argue the middle ground is where brands like Denime, Warehouse, Fullcount and others have been standing out for a long time. ;-)  

Classic will always be in demand, and though they are pricey, the above brands provide something lower cost jeans don't.  

I wonder why BiG decided against stocking these in the end,

Maynard, I actually asked Gordon this myself a year or two back and his response was though they are good jeans, they simply don't fit the aesthetic they're going for at BiG as a high end boutique in SoHo. He likened Resolute's to a pair of jeans you could get at Sears/JC Penny back in the 70's which are generally "flatter"/marbled whereas the typical BiG shopper is after slim cuts/distinct fabrics (think PBJ/Samurai). But who's to say if they won't pick it up in the future? There's seemingly international interest out there for the brand and Hayashi-san is nothing less than a revolutionary in the industry.

RE: "100 million Yen goal", I wouldn't be surprised if the town of Onomichi contributed to that by a wide margin...Pretty brilliant marketing if you ask me!

Aho, I haven't worn them yet. Though the waist on my 34's is a now big on me. They fit well after a wash and stretch out within an hour. I wouldn't worry about the waist as much as the thigh.

For reference I have Fullcount 1101 in a 33, 0105 in 32. Evisu No1 2000's in a 34. Warehouse 1105 in a 33 and 34. The warehouse in a 33 I find to be the tightest.

Edited by Mr-Bielby

i reckon @hoggreaser is spot on. in the real world, ie outside the superdenim superstructure, hayashi-san's tiny single-cuff highwater look has been de rigeur for quite some time. in superdenim, @xrevengex is probably the most prominent purveyor of that style:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/153621-waywt-denim-version-2014/?p=3064336

@setterman's trend prediction could be dead-on too within the superdenim(bro) superstructure.

I picked mine up today, first impressions are very good, the denim is quite light in colour which is what I was after, craftsmanship is up there with the best IMO.

pre soak measurements correspond to tag size. on my 34/36:

waist 34

inseam 36

hem 8

front rise 11.5

back rise 15.5

just gave them a wash and will wear them tomo.. already some major leg twist. got high hopes for these..

4EE77388-7567-4F62-A57F-8CE55601BA28_zps

Edited by kimi