RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

I picked mine up today, first impressions are very good, the denim is quite light in colour which is what I was after, craftsmanship is up there with the best IMO.

pre soak measurements correspond to tag size. on my 34/36:

waist 34

inseam 36

hem 8

front rise 11.5

back rise 15.5

just gave them a wash and will wear them tomo.. already some major leg twist. got high hopes for these..

4EE77388-7567-4F62-A57F-8CE55601BA28_zps

My bad on the neg!!

okay, post 40 degree wash:

waist 33 (after wearing for a day)

inseam 34.5

front rise 10.5

back rise 15

hem 7.5

thigh approx 12

I'd say the denim is fairly easy to stretch back and there's a good amount of room in the top, a little to much for me being thin so I might wash again at 60 to tighten them up a bit.

The denim is fantastic, it's pretty hairy after the wash with massive leg twist. The shade of blue is perfect.

I think I went for the right size as I plan to wash them pretty hard but if planning not to wash too often/hot then I'd have been better off with a 33 (tts). 34 is tts +1 for me.

I got mine from Frisbee. good service but I got hit with some fees on arrival which is unusual for me when buying from JP

^great vid! Pretty basic, they just asked about the brand, cuts, advice on fades and sizing. Interesting points:

-he wouldve liked just two cuts but because its a brand etc there are four
-the jeans are optimized for Japanese body types (win for small guys like me haha), esp. the 711 as Levi's tend to give Japanese guys huge hip flare
-when asked how to achieve good fades, he says wash at least once a week by throwing them in the washing machine! He goes on to say that the worst thing you can do for fades and the fabric is to NOT wash them. When pressed for a "message" to viewers at the end he starts off by saying Let's wash our jeans!
-in sizing, he recommends getting a size thats a bit tight at first as theyll stretch, however they go over the versatility of the 710 in that depending on the length you can achieve diff looks

-his closing thoughts were keep on wearing your jeans regularly and wash regularly and you'll have good results

As a note, I bought 710s today and they should be shipping out from Naoki-san soon...thanks for posting the vid!

Edited by aho

I'm at just over two months now in my 710's. Nothing much to show so far aside from train tracks starting to show.

Pleased that more people are getting into resolute. They are different from what we normally buy. But I think that they will be worth it.

EB8E888B-AB49-4F51-A87A-AB96CB895BEA_zps

Edited by Mr-Bielby

Ed, I got a size 34, actual waist measures 33-33.5 (same size as FC 1108). Probably could've gotten a 33 and stretch it out but I don't mess with tight waists and plan to wash at least once a week anyway. The 710's are slim enough where either would work.

^great vid! Pretty basic, they just asked about the brand, cuts, advice on fades and sizing. Interesting points:

-the jeans are optimized for Japanese body types (win for small guys like me haha), esp. the 711 as Levi's tend to give Japanese guys huge hip flare

-when asked how to achieve good fades, he says wash at least once a week by throwing them in the washing machine! He goes on to say that the worst thing you can do for fades and the fabric is to NOT wash them. When pressed for a "message" to viewers at the end he starts off by saying Let's wash our jeans!

-in sizing, he recommends getting a size thats a bit tight at first as theyll stretch, however they go over the versatility of the 710 in that depending on the length you can achieve diff looks

-his closing thoughts were keep on wearing your jeans regularly and wash regularly and you'll have good results

As a note, I bought 710s today and they should be shipping out from Naoki-san soon...thanks for posting the vid!

Thanks for the translation, but most denim heads will probably ignore the washing advice as it contains far too much common sense. :D :D :D

Much obliged! I think Resolute is a very fascinating brand but, as a man with giant thighs, I don't think I'll ever own a pair. That being said, I'm very glad to see people here buying them. 

edit: Here's another video. Nothing terribly informative (there's no speech), but a fun watch nonetheless!

Edited by jstavrin

i've always wondered, what shoes is he wearing? paraboots?

and does this "fair" mean he goes around shops having a "rizoruto day" carrying his metal suitcase of wonders?

yeah those are paraboots, they're coming back here in Italy as well, and are much more expensive that what they were in the 80's. my dad had a pair too. I believe my mother threw those shoes in the bin sometimes in the 90's when their "cool factor" was completely gone.

btw I know there is a shop in Milan that sells Resolute, I must go try them over the next time I'm up there.

Got my sz 34s in two days from Japan to Chicago...Naoki-san and pants shope avenue all the way! Even got some freebies and a note, thats customer service! Jeans are excellent, everything I was hoping for and glad I got a 34. More deets ober the next few weeks as Im in between apartments now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am nearly ready to order some 711s, but not sure about a 31 v. 32. Being that I have never even seen the 711 in person and all online shops post different measurements, I was hoping someone might have some advice. I see a lot of sizing on the 710 basically matching the sizing on Warehouse 1001, so I'm leaning toward 31, but some experienced input would be appreciated.

Edited by Jared_Lee

My resolute sizing was nothing like my 1001 sizing. I sized down one for my warehouse to a size 32 and if I did that with my 710's I'd have never got them on.

My true waist is 33 and I went with the 34. fit is good. I could have gone with a 33 if I wasn't regularly washing them. They stretch a fair bit.

I'd be very careful about sizing down, and I usually down 1 in everything.