RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

@beautiful_FrEaK I noticed you take a 34 in your new Sugar Canes. Would you say that corresponds to a 34 in Resolute 711?

I'm a 32 in Sugar Cane (55Z and 66 anyway,  I don't have the 43 or 46 but I imagine they'd be the same) so I think the 34 in Resolute might be too big. 

The 33 didn't work out. It seems the difference between my true waist and my hips, where the very low rise 711 sits, was greater than I thought. So these are now in the sale thread.

Yeah rise is very tricky. I always take it into account but I don't generally wear jeans with as low a rise as the 711. I think I probably have a bigger waist to hips ratio than most so the rise makes a bigger difference. Otherwise I like the fit and the denim (and the short length for summer) so I'll probably get the 34 once I manage to move the 33 on.

I prefer the silhouette of the 711, especially for wearing at ankle length with trainers in the summer. I also quite the low rise to wear with untucked t-shirts.

I'm pretty confident the 34 will work for me. (But fingers still crossed...)

Posted (edited)

At the denim market I went to today I managed to snag these almost new 710s for a great price, I've always wanted to give the 710 another honest try so it felt right to pick them up. The inseam is slightly shorter than what I'm used to but that's the Resolute style I suppose? First impressions are really good, love the lightness and fuzzyness of the denim and they are not quite as slim as I expected the 710 to be.

IMG_6306.thumb.jpeg.63dc257f23d747eeac088ea897c89eb6.jpeg

IMG_6232.thumb.jpeg.9a64f8e5342637350777f0d86c72f440.jpeg

IMG_6248.thumb.jpg.d0ba47f25c8367aac94c67f4a2945d9d.jpg

IMG_6289.thumb.JPG.fc6b979b1ece3a2b6ad482ab10f8af70.JPG
A little bit of Hayashi-style for those who like that!

Edited by NilsLW

That’s a nice slim straight fit. I have a size 38 and it is a slip taper and almost carrot fit but wish I could achieve that fit because I do like the 710 denim s lot.

@NilsLW nice fit! I wear the same size as you and they fit me exactly the same. You almost forget the inseam is shorter than others once you've worn them for a bit. Makes them really easy to wear with different types of shoes too, boots, sneakers, oxfords etc.