Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

@shakeemup.

I would go TTS. Soaking is not necessary because although they are unsanforized, they have been washed once so all shrink should be out. You might confirm that the measurement table is after the one-wash but I would assume it is.  

Gonna get another one more focused with some detail shots for HWDC but the color is true and the back is beat up.  Pretty proud of these as my first Year or longer pair of jeans.  Feet fades are 21 years no washes.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

I recently purchased my first pair of Iron Hearts......a brand new pair of 666s from a seller on grailed....the jeans were new with tags on as he did not like the fit.

I gave them a hot soak (1hr) and have been wearing them for about 2 weeks. The fit is good....snug but not too tight and they are breaking in nicely; however, I just noticed that some of the stitching in the crotch area is starting to unravel.....here are some pics

IMG_4234_zps984eef94.jpg

IMG_4232_zps935f618c.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsab2faecc.jpg

I don't put any crazy use or strain on the jeans when I wear them.....is this type of stitching wear normal for 666s jeans? Or should I be worried and have them re-stitched at the crotch area?

Edited by eocr98

Yeah, it was nice for sure, but the sleeves did this really annoying thing that I couldn't get past.  I'm not sure if they were too long or if the seam there was too thick, but the part between the rivet and the cuff was always open and flared out.  It didn't look so hot.

Also, the denim on the self edge collab is wayyyy heavier/more intense.  

Yeah, fair enough if the jacket didn't work for you. Having those not-quite-there elements to otherwise great pieces of clothing can be annoying. 

I know that the SE collab jacket is a different and more intense denim but my understanding is that the jacket's gotta have pockets from Kiya's point of view so you're unlikely to see a trad Type III from him.

Your type III is looking good Young!

I've been wearing mine quite a lot lately and I'm already seeing some blue hues come through the elbows and the combs are setting in.

And I've got to agree with Kiya on the pockets too, I can't imagine a denim jacket without them.

The extra length is welcome here too, I've got a pretty long torso and I feel like a traditional length would look goofy on me.  

But most could probably make the shorter look work I'm sure.

You're right... kiya does like his side pockets.  

I'm all about usability, but for some reason more pockets on a type 3 just look weird.  Especially when they fade, it's going to look super obvious.  Iron Heart's made like a million type 3 jackets with side pockets and a longer length, cant I just get one dope one without the frills??  -_-

Also, not calling you out in particular broark, but ive seen a lot of guys who think they need the extra length, and when I see a fit pic, it literally looks exactly the same as if I (at 5'9) had bought my size in that jacket.

Nah not a call out at all man.

I really benefit from the extra length, I'm about 6'3" and most of the time I get my jeans hemmed to around 32 in.

That sounds off but I guess I just have short legs or something.

I feel like my long torso is going to make finding a type II difficult down the road, but we'll see. There's an interesting storm rider-esque IH jacket mentioned on IHF that I'll likely pick up if it makes it into production.

With boxier denim jackets, I feel it's merely a case of getting used to a different silhouette. A lot of modern shirts and jackets are cut long and straight (see 3Sixteen's jackets for example) and you can pair them with low rise slim jeans. If you're wearing a more classic cut of jeans like a 47 through 66 style, you can pull off the short and boxy cut of jacket, even with longer torso. It's quite a departure from how most people dress but once you're used to it, everything else feels a little ''off''.

Yeah, it was nice for sure, but the sleeves did this really annoying thing that I couldn't get past.  I'm not sure if they were too long or if the seam there was too thick, but the part between the rivet and the cuff was always open and flared out.  It didn't look so hot.

@itsbenhere. I'm the guy who bought your jacket! Is the flare on the arms what you're referring to?

tumblr_ndc2s3asqa1qa9d7qo9_1280.jpg

EDIT: Here's a more recent picture(today) GRvZ4Rn.jpg

Edited by ReverendGlasseye

^Right, UHR is the Remake of the old anniversary SR denim and, if I'm not mistaken, not available in the 634 cut in Japan (but in the 634SR cut).

Regarding the Jackets: i agree that a longer length Looks bad on most Type IIIs & bodytypes, but when I wear a jacket and don't have sidepockets, it always bothers me. And I think faded pocketslashes look dope.