The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I'm with you. They weren't this slim after a hot soak, but the cold wash shrunk them quite a bit. I hate the jeggings look.

A lot of slim jeans will look like this right after the wash but will stretch out within even a few days of wear. Every time i wash my jeans i freak out a bit when i put them on for the first time, but the feeling goes away as the jean stretches back out within a few days.

I washed by SG2109, and they definitely shrank up a bit. Can I get opinions on the fit now? On the plus side, the denim is now even more awesome after the wash.

IMO, they look tight now. But that denim will stretch out. I have the SG2105, and I've had to hot wash them to shrink down after they've stretched out. They come out fairly snug, but within a day they've stretched out again. Good fit overall if you prefer that style. You should post fit pics again in a couple of weeks. 

Hi dear SG experts,

I'm hesitating between a pair of pbj with the 011 cut, such as the 017 or the new pop up ones and a pair of the very interesting SG5109.

II'm looking for a slimmer pair than my pbj-005. I can see a lot of different measures and I'm not sure what to believe. So how are the knees and especially the leg opening on XXX9 pairs? Are we around 6.5" on a s29 or s30 pair?

Cheers!

Edited by vgadjo

The 29 will get down to 6.5 or so after shrinking fully, 30 will be 6.7/6.8. It's a significantly slimmer cut than 005

I'm looking to pickup a pair of the 1109's, but I'm unsure on my size. I've been wearing a pair of the Flat head 3002's in size 31 which fit perfect. After reading through the thread it was recommended to size down 1 compared to your FH size. I went to SESF to pick up a pair, but the largest size they had was a size 30, and was way too small to fit. So I'm not sure if I need to size up to a 32 or go with a 31, and stretch them out.

SE style measure of my 3002:

Waist 16.2in

Thigh:11.5

Edited by Dam Its Johnny

If you couldn't get into the 30 in it's raw state, you definitely need a 32.

I've been thinking about ordering a pair of 1109s from star-foot but I have a question for anyone who has ordered from them before. It says that strike gold are only sold as raw on the page but near the top where you choose the size the option for non wash is grayed out. Does that actually mean anything? If I still order and just leave one wash selected will I get a raw pair? Or does it mean all raw pairs are currently sold out? Took a quick screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

RccqACel.png

Update for anyone who is curious, they are just completely sold out of raw pairs. Restock in November. 

Edited by B-Sandy

Yeah I already sent an email, just figured I'd ask here too in case anyone had experience with them. Not to mention I wouldn't have to deal with google translate while swapping back emails for a couple days. 

FYI, almost all SG jeans sold in Japan are one-washed, and that process does a serious number on the denim due to the industrial washing and drying the denim goes through.

FYI, almost all SG jeans sold in Japan are one-washed, and that process does a serious number on the denim due to the industrial washing and drying the denim goes through.

That's what I've heard so I never go one-washed. I would being buying from self edge like I do normally but I have a thing for the red tab on SGs from Japan. Same reason why I wouldn't buy samurais, fullcounts, etc from BiG. I like the extra touches the jeans have which have to be removed for western markets.