Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Yep, jcrew x Alden with antiqued edges (by me) and brass eyelets from local cobbler

They're my favourite boots

Can you spare the details on how you antiqued them? I've been wanting to do the same thing to a pair of LWBs myself.

where did you rent the s15 from? out of curiousity, cause these were two i rented on my recent trip to japan in jan.drove to fuji from tokyo in the r35 and had the 2000gtr in hakone.

Did you rent the 2000gtr from fun2drive? I was going to use them but you need to be 26, and unfortunately I am 25... But I rented the s15 from Omishiro Rentals (omoren). I picked it up in Noda, Chiba and then drove it to Kawaguchiko and back (spent like $130 in tolls though...). Omoshiro Rentals though are bit more strict on what you can/can't do with the car. They say no track driving, no mountain pass driving, no hard driving, etc. But I still made sure to have fun  :D

Where'd you rent the r35 from?

Can you spare the details on how you antiqued them? I've been wanting to do the same thing to a pair of LWBs myself.

I followed this guide by goodyearwelt member Deuisis. It turned out great, i just hand sanded the edges because i didnt have a dremel. I also didnt have any edge dressing and AE is expensive to ship internationally. I used saphir reno and buffed the hell out of the edges with a wooden spoon and brushed them like a mad man. They've held up extremely well and aged nicely, some people have raised concerns about the edges not being sealed, AE edge dressing in natural or chili would solve this problem, but i havent had any negative side effects 

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/3414z5/alden_x_jcrew_8_boots_changing_edge_color/

and the album 

http://imgur.com/a/6cWET

Did you rent the 2000gtr from fun2drive? I was going to use them but you need to be 26, and unfortunately I am 25... But I rented the s15 from Omishiro Rentals (omoren). I picked it up in Noda, Chiba and then drove it to Kawaguchiko and back (spent like $130 in tolls though...). Omoshiro Rentals though are bit more strict on what you can/can't do with the car. They say no track driving, no mountain pass driving, no hard driving, etc. But I still made sure to have fun  :D

Where'd you rent the r35 from?

yeah the 2000gtr was from fun2drive. i had one of their tour in hakone round the mountain area. had fun with it cause you really dont see that around anymore or get to drive one but weather that day was absolute shit. snow, rain and fog visibility about 5m or so. the r35 was from premium rent. http://www.premium-rent.com/en/cartypes.php 

they don't have any restrictions whatsoever, basically pick up the car and return it at agreed time. pick up in tokyo near nakanobu station. easy as. i had it for 24 hours and drove to and up fuji from the kawaguchiko side where the subaru line is located. i'll be sure to check omishiro rentals the next time.

yeah the 2000gtr was from fun2drive. i had one of their tour in hakone round the mountain area. had fun with it cause you really dont see that around anymore or get to drive one but weather that day was absolute shit. snow, rain and fog visibility about 5m or so. the r35 was from premium rent. http://www.premium-rent.com/en/cartypes.php 

they don't have any restrictions whatsoever, basically pick up the car and return it at agreed time. pick up in tokyo near nakanobu station. easy as. i had it for 24 hours and drove to and up fuji from the kawaguchiko side where the subaru line is located. i'll be sure to check omishiro rentals the next time.

Damn kind of a bummer, but at least still got to enjoy it. But yeah, I really wanted to rent their r32 but wasn't 26. It's okay though, Omoren is pretty cheap compared to the other places (depends on the car though). I would have loved to do the r34 they have but was just a bit too costly, and they didn't have the r32 when I reserved the s15 (although the r32 is the same price as the r34 since they swapped the r34 motor in it...). 

But I wanted something that I'd pretty much never really be able to drive in the US, and I do like the s15 a lot so it was a perfect match (they have a jza80 supra, and FD rx-7's which are also awesome but we did get those in the states (even though I'll also probably never drive those either)). Pretty much got to live out my middle school Initial D fantasies. Definitely satisfied. It also has an updated NISMO clutch which was a godsend, I love heavy clutches though. 

My friend was so insistent on renting a car. I'm not sure why as taking the trains is entertaining (at least for me), and a different experience as well as being pretty damn convenient. But I figured if she wants to so bad, I might as well live out my childhood dreams and get something I'd want to drive! Honestly, it was easily the best thing I've ever done in Japan...

But I wanted something that I'd pretty much never really be able to drive in the US, 

pretty much the main reason why i got the hako and gtr35. unlike the us, in australia, s15 and r32 - r34 are plenty a sight to see. cheap to get as well depending on the model. on the contrary, it's hard to find decent rx7 or supra. i just check omoshiren and they've got a couple of cars i'm interested in already...

granted the public transport is aweome in japan, a self driven trip/day trip to a secluded location not easily accessible is quite a wonder as well. might be worth for anyone going to japan in the future. apparently self drive packages are quite popular now for japan, why not book it in a jdm car you loved growing up.

unlike the us, in australia, s15 and r32 - r34 are plenty a sight to see. cheap to get as well depending on the model.

Makes me pretty damn jealous! But yeah, I know the s15 is unremarkable to most (at least we had a spec-r!), but with the strict US import laws and not being near the Canadian border my chances of seeing one, let alone driving one are practically 0, at least for the next 10 years. R32's are sprinkling in around the country but because California is overly strict on emission, my chances are pretty slim (plus I just don't think they're worth the price they're going for). 

They had a great selection of cars, so was pretty hard to make a final decision!

But yeah, I highly recommend it to everyone! Definitely the highlight of my trip.

The only problem I had with Kawaguchiko is its kind of touristy, and not a lot to do. It's absolutely beautiful but all you really need is one or two nights there. Things open late and close early. Thankfully we had a car so we explored all around but it can get boring if you have too much time there. I'd definitely recommend it if you're interested but wouldn't spend too much time other than a few days there. It also seems pretty easy to get there from Shinjuku by train/bus. 

This is what I did; take the bus from Shinjuku, then hoof it from the station to the lake area. Took the cable car up Mt. Kachi Kachi, and then the trail up from the viewing deck into the forest. Got to see some black kites (the bird) with an amazing view of Mt. Fuji. Definitely a highlight of my trip!

Warehouse 1001, approaching 1 year/275 days of wear.  Will hit that at the end of next week.  

Color is correct for the light conditions when I took the photo, but in most light conditions they're darker and less contrasty.  Still pretty blue in the worn areas.  

IMG_3064.jpg

cross post from TCB thread for my competition TCB 60s:

quick and dirty update of my TCB60s at the nearly 1 year mark. About 10 washes at this stage I would guess.

Will try and post some details tomorrow. Roping and train tracks are immense. Fit is a bit sloppy now as I seem to be losing weight, but hey ho. No repairs needed yet either

26418411440_332228f26b_z.jpg

26418414160_a90ce2f3f1_z.jpg

What is up guys here's my April 2016 update. 

20160428_1854272_zps0hpwkhxc.jpg

b1368a8d-6eb2-40f6-865a-df52772fc0a3_zps

I'll be sending these off to Indigoproof soon, they're getting pretty breezy haha.

20160428_185927_zpswdfcuzig.jpg

Those wet ovals are from spot cleaning some stains before i snapped these photos, they're just water.

d19c1404-6636-49c8-a6ec-c5efa058d753_zps

20160428_190419_zpsxd8zm919.jpg

d5dca6b4-075f-4372-b1a6-c1e82812341e_zps

20160428_190207_zpswmjwcy1b.jpg

So, finally time for a full and detailed photo dump. I've been very remiss since the start of this year, neglecting my duties as a competitor, however, whilst I doubt that's about to change (work is still work) I've been and will continue to be very conscientious about these jeans. I'm VERY happy with my progress with these. They're not the contrastiest out there, nor are they the most detail rich, but as far as jeans go, I don't think I've ever owned a better pair. edit - looking at this, I think the very first pic is a stop or 2 overexposed. Not quite that faded IRL. PIcs taken on Nikon D300 with sigma 18-50 f2.8 lens. No post processing. Previous pics have been in direct sunlight and taken on iPhone, hence massive difference in shades between pics above and these

26435973460_85f96417ef_z.jpg26682076086_d173bceb4b_z.jpg

26615651232_6c42813b3f_z.jpg

26615638122_990638e085_z.jpg

26708531875_352c0f3260_z.jpg

Edited by holio cornolio

A business trip brought me to the south, first to the alps and then back home to meet my best friend for some hiking, a tiny bit of climbing and a great view over franconia. We also visited the venue of our official wedding in a Renaissance building.
DSC_3140.jpg

DSC_3151.jpg

DSC_3154.jpg

DSC_3159.jpg

DSC_3170.jpg

DSC_3186.jpg

DSC_3187.jpg

DSC_3197.jpg

DSC_3217.jpg