Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, heyson said:

i have a love/hate relation to these. and sorry guys i get excited seeing the roy thread on the front page

Same here. I have a size 36 that shrinks to just under 34" at the waist with each wash. The waist stretches back out, eventually, but it is a long and painful 10-14 days before they are comfortable again.

@Jared_Lee I started washing these hard and frequently really early on, so I’m not getting the gratification seeing much contrast, you know? I wish I would have hemmed early on too.

I love the construction as with all roy jeans, and I do love black seed fabric. 

I hear you @heyson. For me, the contrast that you have going looks just right. All the whiskers are there as shade gradients rather than hard shade difference. With continued wear and wash, those look on track for a beautifully balanced fade. But this shit is all completely subjective.

I'm a natural size 35 (and most of my Roy jeans are 34), so like Josh'N'Roll, it can be two weeks before the waist stretches out to the comfort zone.  Compared to other denim (certainly Full Count), I find Cone not particularly stretchy, maybe due to the tightness of weave.

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy some of the trimmer Roy models (e.g., Kinda Special) in 36 rather than 34.  I'll try to keep this in mind when Roy brings them back ;-)

i also find the black seed to be quite stubborn. the above pair is sized down 1 also, so i like to wear while damp to help stretch out the waist.  here they are next to another pair that gets less washing

EA7BAA6F-9C40-4667-BBB2-706E88F1B999.jpeg

B2BEDB73-BB7C-4BE2-B170-DB15F5B8A53F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Those are great. Which fabric, do you know? Doesn’t look like Black Seed.

Lot R01 with white cloth patch

Edited by shredwin_206

• 1 month later...