rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

Yeah I've heard ocean washes make your jeans reek.

Not to mention...you'd have to be that guy at the beach splashing his jeans around...

hahaha massive replies! cheers guys! alright, alright, i'm washing this thing first thing in the morning! thanks!

Roy's Cone Project Denim is hard to fade and a indigo heavy denim.

Was them in a machine with detergent or Dr.Bronner's. The jeans will look, smell, fade and last longer.

Then....take pictures of them and post them up here ;-)

Edited by UkeNo

^Awesome.  Lemme know if you ever grow tired of those Special Fits.  I could use a second pair, that cut is golden.

Man, the patch from the Special Fit jeans is one of my all time favorites. Always has been.

Sombrero - I can appreciate that. I haven't worn the SF yet as the RS2&4 have taken a good while to fade let alone break down.

Broark - I agree that the cut and the patch on the Special Fit is possibly my favourite.

The RS4s have now after a couple if years moderate wear started to give up the indigo.

The RS2 Nihon Menpu is my favourite fabric though (maybe) it's become quite textured as it's faded.

I'll dig out the SLR and get some detail pics in proper lighting sometime.

Cheers

Is it too soon to ask what's up next for Roy?  I'm surprised by the amount of the Kinda Specials still available and even a few left in the ducks.  Is Roy putting out bigger runs now?

Is it too soon to ask what's up next for Roy?  I'm surprised by the amount of the Kinda Specials still available and even a few left in the ducks.  Is Roy putting out bigger runs now?

The reason for the stock is because we're getting bigger runs and we're getting restocks of things which has never happened before.

New jean is coming in a few weeks, another Big Bro out of a new Cone fabric he's been working on.

How does the Big Bro cut compare to the Kinda Special?

OK, I know I can find this ... ;-)

How does the Big Bro cut compare to the Kinda Special?

OK, I know I can find this ... ;-)

The fit is quite different, but comparing it to the old BB jeans won't do much good because he's tweaking the fit.

I shoot my friend and colleague (Instagram @enelljohan) in his Roys Kinda special two weeks ago.

Around 6 months of use.

Really starting to take shape. 

IMG_1803_2_1804_1_rs_1_rs.jpg

Kinda Special 1001 Size 32 : 5+ months

I'm sorry for not so good quality, took the pics using my iPhone

IMG_3671_zps0457458a.jpg

IMG_3673_zps95486219.jpg

IMG_3670_zps5b4dfd7e.jpg

IMG_3672_zpsa154a44f.jpg

Phew so it's not just me - some slow faders for sure.  I thought my SF01s were slow but I guess the KS1001 are lighter and less abrasive. 

Kiya, is there a more accurate arrival date for the new Big Bros yet? I presume that these will also be a cinch back model? 

Yeah the KS1001 are really slow to fade, been wearing my Samurais with the weather a little colder.

Plan on wearing these more next summer.

Also interested to see the new Big Bros!

Kiya, is there a more accurate arrival date for the new Big Bros yet? I presume that these will also be a cinch back model? 

It will be a tweaked Big Bro fit, slightly more taper to the leg.  This one will have no buckle back.

Most importantly the denim is all new.  It's a loomstate 13.5oz denim that Roy designed from the ground up.  Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim.  

The warp yarns are made of a conventional American cotton while the weft is made of Supima cotton giving the fill threads an off-white caste.  Supima is a longer staple cotton so we're thinking it will be less prone to stretching out and knee bagging.

The fabric for the pocket bags were also custom designed and produced for this jean.  They're an undyed (natural) ring-ring 3x1 twill that is loomstate and will be cut in a way where it shrinks with the jean.

Edited by kiya

Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim.  

Is it purple?  :D

Very interesting details Kiya. I look forward to seeing the new stock.

Is it purple?  :D

Very interesting details Kiya. I look forward to seeing the new stock.

No, it's a washed out light pink.

This thread is a bit quiet lately, so I took some photos of my Roy OG Ducks today. Washed them last week probably for the 4th or 5th time. They get about 4-5 wears a month on average, although I wore them solid for a few months when I first got them, I think three years ago. 

cLXOMtC.jpg

cEwT8Hi.jpg

WbKHJ8j.jpg

bGunvKc.jpg

AcEVF0i.jpg

IR15waW.jpg

ybpOyTN.jpg

ZN9zx2l.jpg

Edited by MrWest