2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ good to know.... 3 cheers! to consumer power. i think we can be more convincing if we can provide a ballpark figure of the potential contestants/buyers.

why don't we run an actual body count [tentative list] to check whose still on board?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem initially was the over customization/democratic voting on all the details but the reason this fell through was because Samurai just switched denim mills and couldn't produce enough LHT denim for this contest on top of their regular stock. Unfortunately, we still won't be sure by the end of the year (the timeline given to us by Samurai) that they'll have the denim so if anyone is contest happy (and I know I am), I'd jump on the Eternals when the time comes...

^ I apologize, i just remember the initial problems.

voting is a problem? smh. no wonder more people vote per capita in Iraq than in America.

and....

the issue with these jeans is that samurai is releasing models almost identical to this one. whats the point of custom making something more or less already available? They would lose sales with the current models and create headache for themselves; gordon and samurai.

please get over this new mill/not enough denim b.s.. its a kind way of saying no.

and final note: i'm utterly shocked that info on an eternal contest would be in the eternal thread. who makes the rules around here. (10)

• 4 months later...

I thought it won't hurt to ask.

First off, the running contests: Denime, LVC and Eternal. Did I miss something?

So the question is, is there still interest in a Samurai LHT contest? My suggestion would be we take the upcoming S500JX-LR and start on 1-1-2011

Here's the pair:

sj-s500jx-lr-02.jpg

More information can be found here:

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-02-f/sj-s500jx-lr.htm

It features the 0500 cut we wanted to take and it has LHT denim (18oz Texas Cotton).

I could talk to Yuichi if he wants to provide us with the pairs and if he's willing to sponsor prizes.

If there's enough interest I would open a new thread