2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHO - cut samurai loose already. everyone grab a copy of lightning denim indigo master and flip through that bitch and find a company we havent done before. if we're going to use the 18oz texas cotton, then no 0500. I agree that it's going to be like the first samurai contest already.

real mccoys! pherrows is good (cheap too)

let me know if you need a hand in this.

mr.invincible - I wish it were that easy although with the amount of time Gordon has put into this going back and forth with Samurai it's such a shame...

But like I said, if this Samurai contest doesn't follow through, I'll have to respectfully bow out of organizing another contest but of course anyone else can take up the reins! I personally want to see if Gordon can do a special order on those Warehouse's I mentioned earlier (see the Warehouse thread) regardless of contest or not so I'll most likely be doing that little project and checking in on the Eternal contest should things turn sour!

For now, with Samurai, it seems our best option is to wait for the new LHT Texas Cotton or just the regular Jin denim later on this year as it seems the 0210XJ idea isn't taking off....But everyone, keep spouting off your thoughts so I can get a general consensus on what to do...

Thanks for all your patience throughout this process...Sucks that things didn't turn out how we wanted but it isn't the end just yet!

this contest got interesting when there was talk of using a more unknown brand.

texas cotton was done with the first contest although a LHT might be interesting.

DD+1 did the evisu 1 and plus the price is going to be more than most sound like they are willing to pay.

pherrows/stormy blue?

omnigod?

tasuki?

either JIN denim or the new 18oz LHT Texas cotton later this year would be great considering the circumstances. Would we possibly be able to get our customized details at that point?

I don't nessessarily think any of the other ideas that have been thrown around are bad per say but this started as a Samurai LHT contest and should stay that way. Nothing wrong with starting a new contest thread to mull ideas around but I think there are enough people that are seriously interested in the original concept for us to stay true to what we really want instead of compromising just to make it happen right away...

i agree chantheman..

oni contest? they have nice jeans and good cut. i should make sscans from the denim indigo master. some of these brands are amazing.

i don't know why you guys don't want to venture out.

chantheman said omnigod.... not oni.... 2 very different brands...

(althought omnigod is more popular with their washes rather than their raw denim)

and definitely no ONIs.... they are harder to fade that SDA.... we'll get way too many drop outs....

UES, pherrows and stormy blue sounds very interesting to me!

Pherrows/stormy blue sounds very interesting... It was always a brand that I wondered why was never brought state-side by BiG or selfedge. The cuts seem pretty good, pretty versatile, and the faded pictures I saw in lightning magazine (denim book?) looked amazing.

Also, going away from the stores and straight to a smaller, less well-known brand means that we can negotiate straight up with regard to price, details, etc. It'll definitely work out being a hell of a lot cheaper than going with a customized samurai pair.

I spoke too soon....Here's what Gordon had to say...pretty exciting stuff:

Understood in regards to Samurai. One other option I was thinking was to do something with Real McCoy’s as we also have a close relationship with them being the exclusive US retailers. They’ve revamped the Joe McCoy line and have updated the silhouettes for a more modern cut but will all of the vintage detailing of the previous Joe McCoy line, these new fits are really nice and do well with many different body types. They actually own the fabric and sewing factories that produce their goods so we may have more freedom with them on doing custom detailing, and may even be able to work out a lower price as this is a special project (no promises though, just saying it may be possible). As far as left hand twill, I don’t see in any in the catalogs but I can check with them on that. In the event that there’s none available, though I think I might have saw some dead stock LHT when I visited the factory last year, we can consider just doing something with the flagship Joe Mac denim, it’s very nice and breaks in well in just a years time. I’ve not contacted them about this yet so will wait to hear from you if there’s interest and we can go from there.

JM 906

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6749&category_id=&manufacturer_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Since I am already in talks with Gordon I don't mind organizing a Joe McCoy's contest. I'm sort of against polls now after all the work we put into the Samurai thread which seemingly got us no where but what is the general consensus on the lot 906 cut?

Also, Gordon mentions we can have a bit more freedom with customization but I think we should keep it simple this time. Maybe add a little touch here and there (custom patch, etc.) but nothing as detailed as the Samurai LHT detailing IMO...

I really liked the customization that the FC contest that just wrapped up did - rivets, buttons, and denim - that seems like enough to me (it may actually be too much)

In for the Joe McCoy's contest for sure. The cut is close to the 0500 with roomy thighs and not a huge leg opening. What's the shrinkage like on these does anyone know?