2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't checked the thread 'till now but I already made the scans. But if this contest goes to real mccoys, count me in. Otherwise, here are some companies that might intrigue you. These are from the Lightning Denim Indigo Master if you haven't seen it before.

PICTURE OVERLOAD.....

I apologize in advance if this is too much or too big. Let me know if it is and i'll take them down or resize them.

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Mccoys do make a LHT Lee repro, but getting that denim in the 906 cut/construction might be too much customization/cost? Might be worth asking at least.

Isn't the high cost because of the money paid for using the Lee brand name ?

I guess the cost can be brought down without the name.... but what do I know

If we were to do a Joe McCoy's contest, there isn't necessarily a need to stick with LHT but that's just my opinion....We haven't really documented how their regular denim fades although from what I've seen, I'm really wanting a pair...

fob_f190_mimiup.jpg

And if Edmond can deal with the rise on the 906, I guess it isn't that bad...(hope you don't mind me using this image ed)

IMG_2484.jpg

If ya'll down for Joe McCoy's...

"Any style of JM should be ok but having seen the other fits I think the 906 would work better for various body types and the rise is not really that low compared to the overall specs. Since the JM line has just been reintroduced after several years on hiatus there’s probably only a handful of people with a pair so we wouldn’t need to go over the top with the detailing like you would with Samurai to separate it from their extensive line. Just keep me posted on the outcome either way.

Regards,

Gordon"

Yeah Gordon is correct...the rise isn't too much of an issue having compared it to other jeans in matching waist size (ex: the Warehouse 660 is 0.25inches lower). I'll gather up more information on the 906 and the Joe McCoy's line and will start up a separate thread to see how many people are potentially interested in having a JM Contest in a few days.

As far as customization, I'm thinking we can choose the buttons, rivets (won't even really need to if you ask me) and change the paper patch to some kind of special leather patch...Thoughts? Personally I think Joe McCoy's would be perfect, especially since Gordon has come forward with the idea...

^Still on the table but I personally prefer just using the regular Joe Mac denim which hasn't really been documented...If we do go LHT, we should stick with Lee cuts, I can't say I want to get into the whole customization debacle that was the Samurai LHT contest...

those 906s look great to me. though i'd still prefer LHT since that's what this whole contest was about in the first place, right? if it's just the regular 906, it starts feel less unique in my mind - very similar to the eternal and denime contests (except a different brand, obviously).

i guess this all leads back to me feeling like this contest is pointless with so many others going on. i was real excited for some 500s in the jin denim, just cuz that sounded like an amazing pair of jeans. the joe mccoys look like great jeans, just similar to a lot of other jeans out there.

i dunno. i'll shut up now.

those 906s look great to me. though i'd still prefer LHT since that's what this whole contest was about in the first place, right? if it's just the regular 906, it starts feel less unique in my mind - very similar to the eternal and denime contests (except a different brand, obviously).

i guess this all leads back to me feeling like this contest is pointless with so many others going on. i was real excited for some 500s in the jin denim, just cuz that sounded like an amazing pair of jeans. the joe mccoys look like great jeans, just similar to a lot of other jeans out there.

i dunno. i'll shut up now.

no offense dude.... you havent even seen a pair and you are making judgements already? Hold your horses everyone... we need deminto's opnion...

wow, great turn of events; I'm definitely down for a Real/Joe Mccoy's contest; the 906 model looks great!

if they use the same denim as they did on the real mccoy jeans line then expect great results. I have seen some amazing fades in several lightning magazines.