2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked Gordon about the possibilities of just mass ordering S0210XJ for a S0210XJ contest as well as different denim options we might have...Considering the time it would take to decide on a new denim, for Samurai to see if they could make it, etc. I'm thinking it'd just be faster if we went with the S0210XJ's in the end....ahhhh

However, the same problems will still be whether or not the LHT fabric can even be made in the first place

Asked Gordon about the possibilities of just mass ordering S0210XJ for a S0210XJ contest as well as different denim options we might have...Considering the time it would take to decide on a new denim, for Samurai to see if they could make it, etc. I'm thinking it'd just be faster if we went with the S0210XJ's in the end....ahhhh

Note what the reply from Gordon said:

""So I wanted to update you with the news I received from Samurai yesterday. Unfortunately there will no Jin denim available for the contest. They were only able to produce enough for the upcoming S0210XJ...."

Hmmm...from my understanding the denim was already produced for the S0210XJ...Unless you thought I meant that we should order more S0210XJ which would require more denim made? I should've been more clear...I just meant that we should buy up all the S0210XJ that will be made for Samurai already, instead of ordering our own custom make up...

EDIT: oops you beat me to it...thanks LeicaLad

We could always just do another brand that's left hand twill instead of doing a different samurai denim. Then it still holds true to the LHT idea in the first place and to get the ball rolling sooner we can just go with a small customizations of an existing pair instead of a crazy Frankenstein pair of jeans.

Another poll!

Here's some info on the cut...not sure if they'll change anything for the new release but this is the older one:

http://www.sakurastyle.com/samurai/sj0804.html

measurements in the column are for the corresponding and are raw:

"waist", "thigh", "leg opening", and "inseam length"

So a size 30 would have in inches:

waist: 29, thigh: 10.5, LO: 8, inseam: 35

BTW, I'm going to be out of town until Monday with no computer access so I might be slow to update this...Apologies in advance!

thanks,Alex.now a crotchblowout will never stop me from buying a certain model,seems i am one of the few who never experienced that so far.

but the details of the denim in that pic looking really good!

really would love to do a contest with either that or what comes closest.

^My only problem with that is we most likely won't be able to get a discount in that case and I don't really want to pay 300+ on this pair, which I'm pretty sure we've all stated in the past...

But yeah, I'll be out of town till Monday so I'm not sure I can update til then...apologies!

Maybe holding off till the end of the year when the denim is available again would be a better idea. They could possibly be more willing to work out a good deal with us for waiting and everything, ya know?

thanks,Alex.now a crotchblowout will never stop me from buying a certain model,seems i am one of the few who never experienced that so far.

but the details of the denim in that pic looking really good!

really would love to do a contest with either that or what comes closest.

I've never had a blowout before either and I own a pair of Nudies. I think it would be really cool to see some people put serious wear in to that denim (AI).

For people who have ordered from Kaizoku-Pirates, do they only one wash if you get a hem, or do you have to request raw and/or is it possible to get unwashed?

Side note: is that 40% off shipping still good?

Relatedly, lot 12 all models shrink from tagged size, and the other lots use 'standard' sizing?

if he has raws in stock you can get them. and he hems also raw pairs if you ask hm to. you can ask for the 40% off shipping. but honestly...it isn't that much.

lot 12 should be one size bigger than tagged.. at least that was the case with my pairs. lot.10 is shrink from tag size.

but some models with the heavier denim are always shrink from tag size IIRC