2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope the back pocket rivets are hidden or I'll be hammering mine already scratched my seats in my car enough, and some how I'll still get my hidden Jin arcs.

Agreed!! If there is anything i dont like about this contest, it's the exposed rivets... I dont see any functionality with exposed rivets other than causing preventable damage.

Well I hope the back pocket rivets are hidden or I'll be hammering mine already scratched my seats in my car enough, and some how I'll still get my hidden Jin arcs.

Agreed!! If there is anything i dont like about this contest, it's the exposed rivets... I dont see any functionality with exposed rivets other than causing preventable damage.

There's alotttttttttttt of talk and hating on the exposed rivets (which more than half voted on) and the jeans haven't even been made yet, let alone an actual prototype shown! I say let's save all our final opinions until then....Just sayin'....

There's alotttttttttttt of talk and hating on the exposed rivets (which more than half voted on) and the jeans haven't even been made yet, let alone an actual prototype shown! I say let's save all our final opinions until then....Just sayin'....

From what I've seen, it's more of a functionality issue than appearance.

Also we're a bunch of sore losers :(

From what I've seen, it's more of a functionality issue than appearance.

Also we're a bunch of sore losers :(

2nded on this one ....

2nded on this one ....

And also, you guys must have a lot of nice things to sit on lol

word.

and have you guys failed to notice that the polls are closed and options have been decided? asking for modifications at this stage is futile. Also where were all you people in the original thread? do you always come in late and try to "monday morning quarterback"?

PEACE

With all the rounds of polling, only a small percentage of the participants are truly satisfied by the final outcome.

^ this is the true problem with letting the forum create the jeans. people get so caught up in their votes, and whether their choices "win" or "lose," that they are no longer able to just appreciate the jeans for what they are. i told aho early on that he should not leave everything to a vote, but he wanted to take the democratic approach, and i respect that. if this final product of a jean was presented to us as a samurai release, i know that my jaw would hit the floor.

i was (one of) the first to request a hidden rivet option on the wrangler pockets, but it's really not that big of a deal. i have a pair of jeans with exposed, levis style rivets, and i will never buy a pair with them again. however, these rivets (#2, poll winner) are flat and will NOT ruin furniture or cause any other problems. anyone who's hung up about them for aesthetic reasons will certainly change their tune once the final product is shown or once they see some broken in pairs down the line.

aho - just as a point for discussion, and because a fair number of people seem to feel this way, it might be worthwhile to ask gordon again about the possibility of hidden rivets (with all else the same). i really think it would require very minor modifications from samurai to make this happen. if it's possible, one last poll of "hidden" vs "exposed" rivets might be just what this contest needs to satisfy all the fence-sitters.... on the other hand, if you're over that, so be it. i'm in for sure.

TallyHo, while I do understand the validity of having an exposed rivet and hidden rivet option, I'm not so sure how much I want to go that route...I believe that the contest should be concise and with one definitive pair...I'll have to meditate on this though if it really does become a huge problem. On the other hand, I wouldn't even mind if it was less than 50 contestants...The original Samurai contest was and that turned out well (presuming we have a few dedicated participants!). As for now, I'll let the jeans speak for themselves. When the prototype pair is shown I'm sure people will change their minds, and really, for all those complaining about the exposed rivets (which wouldn't damage as much as say, rivet #1), wouldn't it be nice to go with something different for a change?