2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! I'm out of town right now (in Chicago) and haven't had much free time....but anyways, as most of you have noted Pocket #4 WINS!!! I have requested to the mods for the next round of polling, so keep your eyes peeled! Hopefully we'll get this thing up and out to Gordon within the next two ish days!

I dont think it's very fair to say that pocket #4 has won.... certainly most of us didnt vote for pocket #4... only 25% of the ppl voted for pocket for pocket #4.... the other 75% didnt.... i think we might need to narrow it down to maybe pocket 2, 4, 8, 9... it's just 25% is no way near the majority....

dawei strictly speaking that statement is correct, however I decided to count pocket 4 and 9 as one (just a problem of unstitching the leather oneself) and as untungl said, that is almost 50% of the vote. None of the other "combos" approach those numbers so I'd say it's a fair action...

@ aho, Oh ic what you did there. I guess you are right! It's still a pretty close call tho....i think a revote would definitely help.. I

Just from a historical point of view...it's really weird having exposed rivets without the cinch back.... exposed rivets came before hidden rivet, and hidden rivets were invented before the cinch was removed.... yet from the looks of the polls, we are gonna end up with some neovintage hybrid like ALDs.....

I wonder how many of these late voters are actually going to buy the jeans? But yes, it's nuts. Let's make a reasonable decision; let's have a runoff vote for either Wrangler type or non Wrangler type or give it to the Wrangler type pocket and get on with it. With a decent rivet and cool patch from Samurai, they will be great jeans no matter.

contestresult2.png

Alright, I'm not really a math genius but here's the simple math I did when I calculated the final results of the second poll:

#4+9 combo: 50 votes

#1, 7, 8 combo (all diff. versions of #1): 34 Votes

#2: 21 Votes

#3: 11 Votes

In total that is exactly 100 Votes, with exactly half voting for #4/9...Is it really all that close? And wouldn't you guys all just rather get on with the voting have the jeans ASAP?

That's just how I feel though....if there is some serious outcry with everyone calling for a re-vote, this might be possible, but I'd rather not use up any more time, to be frank....

BTW, lets not worry about who will actually buy the jeans out of the voters, etc....No use pointing fingers at this stage in the game...Anyways, POLL #3 IS UP! Get your vote on everyone!

Thanks for keeping patient everyone!

:cool:

We should see how many people will commit to buying the jeans with all the winning features before we decide to re-vote.

Maybe a final poll:

How likely is it you will participate in the contest with the jeans we have so far:

-very likely

-50/50

-unlikely

How likely is it you would participate in the contest if the jeans had different back pockets?

-very likely

-50/50

-unlikely

Also, how do you people not want a bad ass samurai on your samurai jeans patch? He can even be fighting a tiger. That's bad ass - more votes for patch #2 plz.

Let's make a reasonable decision; let's have a runoff vote for either Wrangler type or non Wrangler type or give it to the Wrangler type pocket and get on with it. With a decent rivet and cool patch from Samurai, they will be great jeans no matter.

thanks Captain Obvious. no offense but, really....

We should see how many people will commit to buying the jeans with all the winning features before we decide to re-vote.

no we shouldn't. the first thread had more than enough interest and it seems like new people show up here every day. we don't need any more polls other than the ones aho already decided on.

contestresult2.png

Alright, I'm not really a math genius but here's the simple math I did when I calculated the final results of the second poll:

#4+9 combo: 50 votes

#1, 7, 8 combo (all diff. versions of #1): 34 Votes

#2: 21 Votes

#3: 11 Votes

In total that is exactly 100 Votes, with exactly half voting for #4/9...Is it really all that close? And wouldn't you guys all just rather get on with the voting have the jeans ASAP?

That's just how I feel though....if there is some serious outcry with everyone calling for a re-vote, this might be possible, but I'd rather not use up any more time, to be frank....

BTW, lets not worry about who will actually buy the jeans out of the voters, etc....No use pointing fingers at this stage in the game...Anyways, POLL #3 IS UP! Get your vote on everyone!

Thanks for keeping patient everyone!

:cool:

Word. Your math seems good. and your reasoning does too. thanks for making this happen, again. i'll rep if i can.

PEACE

TCLA, it shouldn't be that much. I think the goal, with 100+ orders would be a custom Samurai jean for something closer to $250, maybe even less. This is because although we are voting b/w different features, nothing is actually "custom" except the screening on the patch--everything else is mix and match from everything Samurai already has in stock for other jeans, which retails for $285USD anyway

Those prices seem good. Even at 300 for a custom pair of Sams is still good.

guys don't be duped. we are making off the rack jeans with a custom patch. they don't do anything but screen a new patch and mix and match parts already available (means no new production costs for samurai.)

PLUS, we are walking billboards for a year. i mean better than walking billboards. Walking-talking-online pictorial having-"i'm wearing these for a contest" billboards.

I think we should get a discount. its free product development and mega advertising for samurai and big.

just my two cents.

PEACE

We are still about 30 votes short (the past polls had about 100) but I'll leave this open for the rest of the day...However, it's pretty safe to say that this is what we will be looking at:

-S0500XX cut on 17oz. LHT Jin Denim

-Red Tab (possibly upside down A?)

-Patch #1

VoteResults.png