2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

POLL RESULTS UPDATES:

S0500XX cut

17oz LHT Jin Denim

Tab (upside down A?)

Button #6 (picture below)

Pocket #4 (picture below)

Rivet # 2 (picture below)

Geisha Pocket bag (picture below)

Patch #1

VoteResults.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

...And here we are! Finally, all the details you have been waiting to vote on! All of the following have been decided upon based on practicality (would Samurai even do it?) as well as cost effective-ness (no way I'm paying $300+ on this!). I'm sorry if what you wanted to see didn't get put on here...if we tried to accommodate every single detail, we would get no where fast and sticking to the options already released in Samurai's MAINLINE is the best thing to do. If you hadn't read in the previous thread, this will be a S0500XX cut with 17 oz. LHT Denim.

RULES: The poll is set up so that you may only vote ONCE for each category. It is set so that we can see who votes on what, so if you cheat we will all know! Polls will be open for ONE WEEK from officially opening give or take, but I don't believe we need to set an ending date...

(Actual poll to come as we need a mod to allow more than 10 options...28 to be exact!)

And here we go (this will be sloppy!):

-CINCH

-NO CINCH

-TAB

-NO TAB

BUTTONS #1-6:

sam_buttons_rvsd-1.jpg

RIVETS #1-3:

samurai_rivets_2.jpg

BACKPOCKETS #1-9:

samurai_back_pockets.jpg

#7 = Pocket #1 with Black Arcs

#8 = Pocket #1 with Samurai Yellow Arcs

#9 = Pocket #4 with NO LEATHER (but keeping black arcs)

POCKET BAGS #1-4:

#1 Standard

sleek_img.jpg

#2 "Sleak"

sreak.jpg

#3 XJ series

s0110xj_sleki.jpg

#4 GEISHA

geisha.jpg

PATCH DESIGN (Samurai will ultimately design this though):

Patch #1: two fighting tigers with their left paws crossed in attack, rising sun or mountain in background (Tiger's for year 2010, year of the tiger...Left paws for LHT)

Patch #2: Miyamoto Musashi reference, either fighting a tiger with only a wakizashi in left hand (signifying LHT and referencing his two sword fighting style) OR on horse using left hand to peer into the distance with Mt. Fuji in background

Those are the final options...happy voting and lets get this show on the road!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATTENTION MR. COTTON DUCK or any MODS! I can't send you a PM as it appears your inbox is full!

"Mr. Duck,

I have just posted the Official Poll thread for voting on all the details for the Samurai LHT contest, and was hoping you could allow a poll with 28 options, multiple voting options allowed, visible voting, and no end date (we will do this manually)? The options are as following:

-CINCH

-NO CINCH

-TAB

-NO TAB

BUTTONS #1-6 (separate options for each)

RIVETS #1-3 (separate)

BACKPOCKETS #1-9

*#7 = Pocket #1 with Black Arcs

#8 = Pocket #1 with Samurai Yellow Arcs

#9 = Pocket #4 with NO LEATHER (but keeping black arcs)

POCKET BAGS #1-4:

#1 Standard

#2 "Sleak"

#3 XJ series

#4 GEISHA

Patch #1: two fighting tigers

Patch #2: Miyamoto Musashi reference

Thank you very much!

:cool:"

this is going to be awesome.

Just a thought though - I think we should be able to vote for multiple items in each category. That way, we'd maximize the number of people happy with the jeans and wouldn't force people to pick between options where they are indifferent. Then any tie-breaking would be done by people who legitimately have a preference.

Hypothetical Situation:

-3 options

-1/2 of people are indifferent between option 1 and 2 as their first choice

-2/5 of people have option 3 as their first choice

- the rest (1/10) strictly prefer option 1.

Now assume that the people who are indifferent between options 1 and 2 split the vote evenly, so half vote for each.

Then the final votes are:

option 1: 35%

option 2: 25%

option 3: 40%

Even though the actual preferences are:

option 1: 60%

option 2: 50%

option 3: 40%

(*doesn't sum to 100% since we don't force people to choose when they are indifferent)

So option 3 wins even though it is actually the least popular option; where as this doesn't happen if we allow multiple votes in each category.

Obviously this is a hypothetical situation and it probably won't matter, but I'd still suggest allowing people multiple votes in each category.

Just waiting on the go ahead from Cotton Duck with whatever route we choose to go....2 rounds of polling would be ok but it sucks to have to wait even more time...

genetic, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

greeneggs, if we do come to a tie, we'll allow it....It's just the preliminary rounds where we wouldn't really want people to vote twice, although multiple votes in general are technically "allowed" by the system once we get it going...

undcrsm, The thought had crossed my mind but there wasn't a huge cry/overwhelming discussion when we had initially talked about everything so I figured I'd leave it out...sorry!

knugget, as the pockets on the USA model aren't part of the Samurai mainline (?), I figured it'd probably be harder/more expensive to access the material so I didn't include it...

I hope that covers all the questions! It shouldn't be too long now...

Alright, sorry for the delay everybody! Just got in contact with Cotton Duck and it seems it is impossible to do polling all at once, SO we will have no choice but to conduct three separate polls, each lasting around half a week to a week each (depending on how many people vote) in order to accommodate all voting options. Cotton Duck, whenever the man is able, will soon edit the polls so that we can get this thing going! I'll probably leave the first poll up a bit longer than the others though since many people probably won't realize we can vote...

So please, if you intend to vote, stay tuned to this thread (subscribe if you need to lol) and I'll keep everyone updated about how much longer each poll will stay up!

Ladies and Gents, the Poll is open!

The first round of voting will be for the following, please vote once in each of these catgories:

POLL #1

-CINCH

-NO CINCH

-TAB

-NO TAB

BUTTONS #1-6

Please note that while the poll allows for multiple votes, it is also an open poll, so end the end you'll just make yourself look stupid if you voted more than once in each category.

Aho, take it from here!