2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will they ? That's great news - where did you hear/ read that ?

several weeks ago I browsed through some Japanese ites. There's a shop which did a collab with Samurai and they had a preview of the S/S 2010 collection. And a Wrangler-inspired cut was pictured there. The link is somewhere in the Samurai-thread

several weeks ago I browsed through some Japanese ites. There's a shop which did a collab with Samurai and they had a preview of the S/S 2010 collection. And a Wrangler-inspired cut was pictured there. The link is somewhere in the Samurai-thread

okay - thanks for the info - gonna see if I find that website...

YES! We are back on track everyone! Thank you all for your votes and here is what Gordon just sent me:

"So I spoke with Samurai tonight and it seems the chosen details will be ok and the minimum order will need to be 100 pairs produced.

For the patch on the rear pocket we have the option to make an original design for that and the main patch as well, this will cost a little extra though, about $10 extra per pair if we can secure 100 orders.

One thing with the fabric, the Jin denim weaving is being moved to a new mill. It will basically be the same denim as the Jin’s but just woven in a different mill. We’ll need to wait for a sample of the new denim to be approved before we can move forward. If they get an approval on that by the end of this month and we secure all the orders for the contest by the end of next month then we could have the jeans ready for a June 1st start. This is not guaranteed but it’s what we’re aiming for.

I also requested photo’s of other plaid fabric choices for the pocket lining so will forward to you when I have them.

Regards,

Gordon"

So I figure we are all ok with $10 extra for custom patches? Also, we might have to do another vote on plaid fabrics based on availability of the Geisha pocket bags but this shouldn't be a problem...

From here, I'm guessing we should try to gather as many participants as we can to see if we can reach the 100 person threshold...It shouldn't be too much of a problem if we don't get that many, but things will be cheaper if we do! Considering doing a "Will you buy?" poll...? I'll hold out on everything else for now until Gordon lets me know what the next steps will be though, as I'm figuring a pre-order on the BiG site is most accurate...

please no superfuture/ rep bar/ relation to here on the backpocket leather

i'd vote for just a blue in green soho signature or just the plain samurai logo

also keep in mind with a poll for buying that the actual turnout rate is much lower than the poll will indicate. i'd wait till you got 130-140 yes's before you go ahead

Yeah, I'm not sure what the exact details for all the further customization will be but we'll worry about it when it comes...

As far as a "buyer poll", I don't think I'll do that as Gordon will most likely set up a Pre-Order on the BiG site...