2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For the patch on the rear pocket we have the option to make an original design for that and the main patch as well, this will cost a little extra though, about $10 extra per pair if we can secure 100 orders...

Gordon"

So I figure we are all ok with $10 extra for custom patches?.

The $10 is for a custom design for the patches, and as far as his statement goes, has nothing to do with the pocket patch as an additional cost.

As far as a "buyer poll", I don't think I'll do that as Gordon will most likely set up a Pre-Order on the BiG site...

doesn´t gordon need to know if there´ll be over 100 participants, before setting up a pre-order, because he´ll have to set a certain price on the jeans.

The collection of ppl interested would only make sense if they commit to a size...it's way easier to have a preorder and see how many pairs get sold...and after that they are produced. Price wise I would assume that these are anywhere in between 25000 - 26000 Yen - and with the Yen being strong plus shipping and import cost I doubt that the actual number of participants will change that price a lot.

In for sure, and also happy we get to design the leather patch on the pocket. I like the BIG signature or maybe it can just say B.i.G on it. There will already be enough samurai references on it so why not throw a nice noticeable Blue In Greene reference.

The collection of ppl interested would only make sense if they commit to a size...it's way easier to have a preorder and see how many pairs get sold...and after that they are produced. Price wise I would assume that these are anywhere in between 25000 - 26000 Yen - and with the Yen being strong plus shipping and import cost I doubt that the actual number of participants will change that price a lot.

Pre-order makes a lot of sense, but it would work much better if people actually see a prototype before ordering.

It looks like they will definitely be over $300 shipped, since some of the options seem to be polarizing and I doubt there will be 100 participants. And with the Samurai boss always on the road, it is safe to say the release date will be after summer......lemme cop a pair of ooe yofukuten first...hmm...

Pre-order makes a lot of sense, but it would work much better if people actually see a prototype before ordering.

It looks like they will definitely be over $300 shipped, since some of the options seem to be polarizing and I doubt there will be 100 participants. And with the Samurai boss always on the road, it is safe to say the release date will be after summer......lemme cop a pair of ooe yofukuten first...hmm...

yep. look how long it took them to get the black knights out.

Gordon says:

"Once we confirm that everything is a go I’ll let you know the price and expected completion date and we can set up the pre-ordering through the website."

So just a bit more waiting on our end and hopefully we'll get this thing rolling soon...

BTW, no crotch rivet, sorry! And these will most likely be sold in store as well...

Gordon says:

"Once we confirm that everything is a go I’ll let you know the price and expected completion date and we can set up the pre-ordering through the website."

So just a bit more waiting on our end and hopefully we'll get this thing rolling soon...

BTW, no crotch rivet, sorry! And these will most likely be sold in store as well...

had a chance to talk with Gordon for a few minutes and i asked him about the Jins collab. he said it'll take 2.5-3 mos from the time he green lights the factory. so, if we're aiming for the tentative June start, everything [ on our side ] should be wrapped up by end on Feb.... just saying.

Nice... I was waiting for the approval. If we promote this well enough through the web, through this forum and maybe other forums (people would have to come over here to post, etc.), and also through the blueingreen site, I think we should be nearing 100 participants. The pre-order should work out well.

Just a lil to hold us over until we hear more word on the jeans:

I was looking on Samurai's page and it looks like they did a similar project like this one back in 2005.

This is an idea of what we should be looking towards minus the back pockets.

It has dam near all the details we voted on too!

It was the Jin cut with the 5000VX zero and Jin denim.

Check it out

s5110vxj_main.jpg

title2.jpg

s5110vxj_kiji.jpg

s5110vxj_detail.jpg

s5110vxj_label.jpg

s5110vxj_housei.jpg

s5110vxj_name.jpg

s5110vxj_button.jpg

s5110vxj_fukuro.jpg

depending on the price. $300+ is an auto no go for me >_< Hoping more like $250...

Not sure why $50 would be a make-or-break amount, if you're really serious about it.

The $10 is for a custom design for the patches, and as far as his statement goes, has nothing to do with the pocket patch as an additional cost.

I hope so 'cause that pocket patch is coming off, pronto, so I may as well just rip a ten-dollar bill in half if the cost is for adding the leather.

There will already be enough samurai references on it so why not throw a nice noticeable Blue In Greene reference.

Totally. I'd like to see something graphically as a reference too (on top of BiG 'text'). Manhattan skyline, etc. I really liked the DB/SF Golden Gate Bridge reference incorporated into that design.

I know that figuring out if people are actually going to buy these is going to be difficult, but if it helps, I'm definitely committed.

Actually, I would imagine of there were polls for the DB or WH contests, it would be fairly easy to cross-reference vote quantity vs. actual participants, right? If that data is still available...

[quote=Pi$tol;2159895

This is an idea of what we should be looking towards minus the back pockets.

It has dam near all the details we voted on too!

It was the Jin cut with the 5000VX zero and Jin denim.

Check it out

s5110vxj_housei.jpg

Thanks for putting that up man. Even incomplete visuals are great to have at this point.

The DB contest ends at the end of March and I was going to go for a dyed weft pair e.g. PBJ 009 but I'm in on these depending on the price. $300+ is an auto no go for me >_< Hoping more like $250...

I'd be in for sure if it's 250. >300 i might have to think about it