2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if your going to call this a LHT contest then you should do the JM 906 cut in LHT since they don't make it. I believe the motive for contest have changed now; not only do you want to see how and who can have the best wear, but you also want something one of a kind. A pair of denim thats not in that companies product line. The Contest Jeans should be special and make us feel like a club of some sort. Aho if you do put up a poll do it for two things, 1. Who would be interested in a Joe McCoy Contest. 2. If it should be RHT or LHT.

P.S nobody neg rep me this is only my opinion. :P

It wont let me vote for yes or no but yes im in for this, i know its kind of hard to tell. But i was gunna get a pair of 0500 from Pirates but i might just wait for these if its gunna be kinda soon.

^i would agree. i thought the "theme" of this contest to make it unique was left hand twill denim. without that, it's just another regular contest, especially if it's just a jean in a cut/denim that is already widely available.

No worries everyone, we still have the opportunity to decide denim later, I'm just trying to get an estimate on how many are actually interested in this thing to begin with! For now, eveyone VOTE UP TOP! In case you didn't notice, there is a new poll!

@dawei - no offense dude... but are you the thought police? the guy can look at the denim else where and make a decision. calm down. this is the internet. people have different ideas and opinions. crazy concept.

Tallyho PMed me with a Neg Rep telling me he's looked at "PICTURES" on BiG... and JM's are the SAME as any other pair of jeans....

donno about you guys, but I was pretty pissed with his attitude towards a brand I respect.

I hate to say it, but I'm a little disappointed as well. I can understand where Tallyho is coming from to some degree. Looking at the photos, they do look like a run of the mill repro jean. No interesting details whatsoever with the paper patch, regular buttons, no arcs and extremely plain pocket bags. Not to mention, the denim appears to have little to no character. I don't see any slub or irregularities. I'd personally rather just wait for Samurai to come through with some LHT for us.

At first I was impatient and wanted to get this contest rollin but we have a chance to make a ltd model that may never be produced again. The details of the samurais we designed are so sick and I think we should just wait it out and do the contest we originally planned on.

i don't doubt that the joe mccoy 906 are great jeans, but i'm just not sure if they are "contest-worthy", ya know what i mean? nothing really sets them apart from what someone else said "run of the mill repro jeans".

The Joe mccoy's wouldn't be anywhere near as crazy customized as the samurais but They would be customized alittle more than just an off the shell pair of jeans. I was more into the sam contest to be honest and would rather spend the money on those then these but I would be into this one as well. I guess the big thing would be figuring out If we can get lht otherwise were basicaly just settling for the sake of a contest.

The poll is defective, I checked yes but my name shows up in the no category.

Wait until next year could be a good option since everyone must already have at least a pair to break in this year, but there is no promise from samurai that the same LHT denim can be produced in another mill, so I think we should just forget about the LHT contest, unless we are willing to settle on other LHT denims by samurai.

BTW aho, are you sure that the LHT denim Gordon talked about is 18oz Texas cotton? Coz it seems to me he was referring to two different denims that we can choose from.

Edit: Ooops nvm, thanks aho!

hmmm not sure where the confusion arose, but BOTH denims are actually texas cotton....one is an 18oz., the other is a LHT...

Once the poll is up and running, let's just say that "YES" means go ahead with Joe McCoy's and "NO" is implied that we should wait for Samurai...

We should restart the poll and add better (clearer) parameters too it. I for one am only really down with a Left Hand Twill Samurai jean with an s500 cut. So I said no, but a seems like people are saying yes but they also want the Samurai contest later.

So what LHT denim from Samurai is on the docket so far? And can any of it be made up for us sooner then later this year (Like the standard 17oz Jin LHT)?

Tallyho PMed me with a Neg Rep telling me he's looked at "PICTURES" on BiG... and JM's are the SAME as any other pair of jeans....

donno about you guys, but I was pretty pissed with his attitude towards a brand I respect.

yeah, it was the first time i've ever "neg repped" someone. and i would do it again. you are a halfwit.

i have plenty of "respect" for the brand, and even said the jeans look really nice. that does not mean we need to organize an entire contest for them. if you like them, go buy them. you can compare notes with demonito.

the idea was to have a LHT contest, and i was totally on board even before samurai was the chosen brand and all the details were voted on. I thought LHT denim could use some more exposure on here, as the few examples i've seen have really awesome and unique characteristics. these joe mccoys are not LHT.

there is already a denime and LVC contest going for the next 2 years. full count and dry bones contests are finishing up over the next month or so. the much anticipated eternal 2 year contest starts in the fall. without the LHT it just feels like we're trying too hard to have a contest.

therefore, my vote is no.

there is already a denime and LVC contest going for the next 2 years. full count and dry bones contests are finishing up over the next month or so. the much anticipated eternal 2 year contest starts in the fall. without the LHT it just feels like we're trying too hard to have a contest.

therefore, my vote is no.

I guess you are right about a LVC and denime contest already present for the next 2 years, additionally, there will be a 2 years eternals contest in the near future...

peace,