Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Slimmest fit is lot2005. Only downside is they are zip fly instead of buttons. But tbh after a year of wearing mine it's no bother the zip is great quality and hasn't failed me yet.

• 2 weeks later...

dear senior forum members. can you kindly confirm these jeans authentic or fake. please state it below me in the forum. thanks. much appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290986601146&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

don't know if I count as a senior forum member  :rolleyes: but those look legit to me

thanks for your reply. I have a ebay dispute open where these are being claimed as knockoffs... I am not about to let this lowlife steal my denim and money. if a few others can post their opinion on authenticity it would be greatly appreciated. I have went other avenues such as contacting evisu.com to no reply. I figure this is second best option for my case. just a quick authentic or fake from those who are active here would be appreciated. I can then forward this to ebay. sorry to waste a forum page... however I can not tolerate lowlife thief's, principle of ethics and respect.

If this was 6 years ago i would have given you a 100% certain answer, but i haven't kept up with evisu and when they changed the seagull shape on the japanese versions to be more in line with the european ones i was done with the company for good. I do recall evisu europe doing some silly sub branding as deluxe for one season and one model didn't have any stitching or paint on its pockets.

Even though i don't recall that particular model very clearly and i have never seen that selvage type in evisu's before, the evisu authentic faded denim does look the way that listing portrays it, the inside tags look completely legit, they have hidden rivets and the buttons look authentic. I would say you're safe.

Don't bother contacting evisu.com because they have no clue what they are talking about most of the time. Basically the company has created so many failed sub brands for no reason and with slights detailing differences that anything that is older than 2004 or comes from japan they will say it's fake or don't know about it

thanks for the reply. these jeans where indeed released 6-7 years ago... a few more confirmations and I will send this off to ebay. thanks to those who looked. kindly  don't pass it over if you looked. simply state your remark so I can obtain my lost fees from this thief! hidden stamped rivets real selvedge lining bluffed pockets. this guy is flat out trying to rob me I already know the facts. just need some backing here as this is all I can think to do on the situation

i think it would've been proper form to state at the beginning that you were seeking responses for use as evidence in an ebay dispute

and your general thought on the authenticity.. not here to waste space myself but why even reply with that???.. on both replies. as the second guy clearly dose not have much to say on either of his either.. clearly they are authentic.. I do not need thought out feeling of what you believe, just facts kindly... authentic or fake... egpt you don't know enough about denim if you are not confident.. hence don't even reply... make sense? HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN KNOCKOFFS WITH SUCH SELVEDGE OR DETAIL... NO ...  you know why.... because it would not be worth a counterfeiters time or money to reproduce such quality. thanks for all the true members who view this forum daily to take a minute of their time to weigh in.. much appreciated.. to guys such as crash... devilva.. much respect, from one connoisseur to another:)

If this was 6 years ago i would have given you a 100% certain answer, but i haven't kept up with evisu and when they changed the seagull shape on the japanese versions to be more in line with the european ones i was done with the company for good. I do recall evisu europe doing some silly sub branding as deluxe for one season and one model didn't have any stitching or paint on its pockets.

Even though i don't recall that particular model very clearly and i have never seen that selvage type in evisu's before, the evisu authentic faded denim does look the way that listing portrays it, the inside tags look completely legit, they have hidden rivets and the buttons look authentic. I would say you're safe.

Don't bother contacting evisu.com because they have no clue what they are talking about most of the time. Basically the company has created so many failed sub brands for no reason and with slights detailing differences that anything that is older than 2004 or comes from japan they will say it's fake or don't know about it

Totally agree with everything you're saying - Evisu.com haven't got the foggiest these days due to staff churn, sub-branding and lack of coherent archiving of stuff that's been previously released. Even back in the day when I was popping down to London several times a year, it was me who was sharing knowledge and not them, so I would take a lot of what they say with a big pinch of salt unless they back it up with specifics such as year of release, denim used, etc.

For what it's worth, they jeans do match a previously-issued Deluxe model, selvage and all, although I fail to see how eBay will use the word of a few forumites as being of adequate value in an eBay buyer dispute - mark my words, you will lose the dispute and eBay will side with the seller and the best you can do is to minimise your losses.

I sold a pair of Heritage camo Daicock jeans a few years ago and the buyer accused me of having sold a pair of fakes when they arrived. I sent him the link to a page on Rakuten where the jeans where being sold, and he then said that he'd been into the Evisu shop then on Savile Row and a member of staff there had told him that they were fakes.

I asked him with whom he'd spoke and offered to contact them directly to pick things up to confirm the jeans' authenticity with copies of the email to him and he backed away from the offer but stuck to his guns.

Full credit to eBay because, having seen the message exchange between me and the buyer, they advised that I accept the return and refund the cash but then gave me an eBay credit of £40 as acknowledgement for having gone the extra mile to try and resolve things, so I actually ended up quids in on the transaction...

buyer has unreal expectations and I refuse to refund on the basis of knockoffs. there is no reason I should be loosing out due to the buyer not liking his purchase for whatever other reason, fit, wash, cut.... I have been fed up with ebay for years and know they are not going to side with me here. why I tried this route. just selling off some junk that's been sitting. win or loose.. the money is not my concern. its dwelling some ethics and respect into the "buyer" who thinks they can do as they wish and run all over their trading partner. flat out try to rob them, and ignorant in doing so. thanks to those that replied. guess this is the best I have to send off to ebay. much respect my denim friends

I believe that if the buyer takes the it's fake route with eBay then they have to prove that they are fake. So they then need to contact Evisu and get a letter from them stating that hey are indeed not the Real McCoy (insert joke here).

Best of luck with that.

You sir are, for a lack of better word, fucking stupid. I am not handling the product in person and not knowing the model in detail as i would have for any pair of evisu's released pre 2006 is the only reason i ahd reservations about what i said. The fact that you think that selvage or detail is the give away in fakes just makes you completely unaware of where selvage comes from and how easy it is to achieve. You are talking to someone that has actually bought 2 pairs of fake evisu in the past just for sheer curiosity of handling them in person to see what were the give aways, I then donated them and probably made some hoodlum happy to wear something jay-z was wearing on his videos. The only reason i knew from the get go they were fake was because i knew they were models whose details didn't add up to the authentic one as it was being sold. Want to know what the give aways were? just handling the denim in person due to shorter cotton fibers and overall worse quality than evisu puts out, but i can assure you that detail wise, in terms of aesthetics, fakes can easily be done. Selvedge only means it was made in a particular kind of looming machine, machines which can be purchased brand spanking new from companies that are in the business, that's why there are brands like naked and famous, gap, uniqlo that can make selvedge denim at much lower costs.

What you are failing to realize is that I have been on your side from the start, and due to an unreasonable amount of lack of reading comprehension on your part you failed to realize it. I hope you're not a native english speaker for your own sake.

Now kindly go fuck yourself you clueless asshole.

and your general thought on the authenticity.. not here to waste space myself but why even reply with that???.. on both replies. as the second guy clearly dose not have much to say on either of his either.. clearly they are authentic.. I do not need thought out feeling of what you believe, just facts kindly... authentic or fake... egpt you don't know enough about denim if you are not confident.. hence don't even reply... make sense? HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN KNOCKOFFS WITH SUCH SELVEDGE OR DETAIL... NO ...  you know why.... because it would not be worth a counterfeiters time or money to reproduce such quality. thanks for all the true members who view this forum daily to take a minute of their time to weigh in.. much appreciated.. to guys such as crash... devilva.. much respect, from one connoisseur to another:)

Edited by Egpt

You have a lot of free time to write out stories like that huh. I know you were on my side. it was all the unclear nonsense as in your last message that was not needed. Have you ever seen a COUNTERFEITER making a true selvedge denim... no.. no you haven't. to be clear once again. that's the whole basis of the argument. Sure I seen a lot of sewn on garbage ect.. But nothing real ... by a knockoff..... NOT a cheaper denim brand like everyone who does it now for sake of saying they do so. as you see I don't have time to fill people with nonsense.  Let’s keep it short with the stories how a pro such as yourself buy knockoffs to judge quality and tells us about manufacturing.... WOW... just cause I don't post and im a asshole doesn’t mean I’m dumb bud. Get your denim knowledge up. Or keep your useless info to yourself. Just trying to get your points up spreading junk.. Dumbing people down filling half a page???

got what I needed here.. take care folks..

Edited by denimman04

Yes, counterfeiters can easily make selvage denim you dumb fuck.

Have you ever seen a COUNTERFEITER making a true selvedge denim... no.. no you haven't. to be clear once again. that's the whole basis of the argument. Sure I seen a lot of sewn on garbage ect.. But nothing real ... by a knockoff..... 

Wisdom from an old man in the trade..

Anything that someone else advertises about is bound for replication.

I have seen plenty of evisu knock offs with selvedge detailing.

I have even seen them put heavier buttons on the pants just to come up with  about the same weight as the original  

But as EGPT says the quality of the denim is what shines through..

And yeah as a newcomer here and someone who is asking us to tell you that they are real you better ask nicely..

To be honest you are behaving like an spoiled brat

So..

the pants look real enough and the purple box is what Evisu used at the time to store their deluxes in.

I have had a pair of those and they were as I know off no replicas at that time.

However shortly after, Jay Z started wearing the brand and the fakes were abundant ,at the time I used to go to my market and see stalls with Evisu.

So you are dealing with a pair from a difficult period in the brands history. That's all what i am saying

real selvedge on fakes. take a look at Thai Levi's fakes

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/28103-thai-levis-fakes/

yeah, yeah, yeah..I know those are not Evisus and won't help you in your eBay case. It's just to show you that fakes can also have real selvage denim (of what quality is another thing but that wasn't your question right now)

Quick question to anyone who recently ordered a pair of 2000 No.1 from evisu.jp:

what selvedge color do they have in stock right now?

General stock is low but I also know that it is possible that they are out of stock at all.

The denim has changed but it is still red selvage line

The current pair of redlines I've been wearing for over a year have strong vertical irregularities and were 'bluer' when raw.

The pair I bought a couple of months ago looked more plain, fuzzy, and a bit thicker and very dark indigo, plus they were 1" under tag size  :angry: